Photo

Fix for - 'Stuck on Dell logo after 2.1 update' (O2 only)

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Flavio

Flavio

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

I wanted to update my unlocked German Streak to 2.1 8105.

I have managed to first install the 1.6 4399 using the instructions on this site.
When I tried to update to 2.1 8105 I get a stuck Dell logo.
My baseband is still 00-EU.
Before I tried to update to 8105 using the Update.pkg on the SD Card method I installed the stock recovery image.

On 1.6 4399 when I use System updates it says device is up to date?

Does anyone have a suggestion what I am doing wrong?

Already solved. I used a different 2.1 Upgrade download and that worked. My baseband is upgraded now as well.

StefanSX

StefanSX

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Dell Streak

Already solved. I used a different 2.1 Upgrade download and that worked. My baseband is upgraded now as well.

I seem to have the same problem. Which download link worked well? Thanks!

ratapoil

ratapoil

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:Dell Streak - 1.6
[Hum, sorry for my bad english (i'm french...)]
I adress first many thanks to FalconEvo for the fix : in upgrading my Streak to 2.1 he was stuck on Dell logo after upgrade. The fix worked very well for me.
But now i want to upgrade to 2.1 (it was the initial target...) and i'm affraid to be stuck again with the boot logo after upgrading. Wich link for DL is usable for people like us who've got some problems with primary upgrade ?
Thanks a lot for any help !

[hum, sorry for my bad english : I'm french...]

pogiewun

pogiewun

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:samsung captivate, dell streak
ive followed all the instructions from falcon evo, but i am stuck at the part after you select update firmware from pkg. when i select that it goes to clockworkmod recovery and i cant seem to do anything from there. someone help please!

diskmuncher

diskmuncher

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
YOU ARE A GOD! :-) I was following the instructions here (http://android.modac...ing-the-streak/) to upgrade my USA AT&T Dell Streak 1.6 to Steven's Froyo build. I got through upgrading to O2 1.6 build 4399 and was working on upgrading to O2 1.6 8105 when sure as crap I bricked my phone. Fortunately, I still had my HTC Fuze which read the SIM card beautifully.

The Merino

The Merino

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi, My Streak was stuck at the dell logo after i tried to root and install the leaked 2.1 I downloaded the file you submitted named it Update.pkg, I chose "update from pgk" took me to another screen, then i seen option Update zip from sdcard clicked it but the .pkg file isnt on the list it only shows zip files so i droped the .pkg file in a .zip folder droped it on the root of sdcard said Installing update
2 seconds later it stops and said

E:Cant Find NISC
ClockworkMod Recovery v1.8.1.7

I cant seem to install the Update.pgk file because it dont show in the sdcard directory? any help? and yes I am totally new to this stuff :)

BeamMeUpStreaky

BeamMeUpStreaky

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:Streak
Hi there.

Im running a flashed O2 1.6 build 4399, how can i uprage to 2.2 (like dj_steve) ?? i have tried so many but they all refuse to boot after flashing !

Thanks a lot :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users