[Pictures]Android 2.2 for the acer liquid bombs away!

Guest rafyvitto

Guest rafyvitto
So hang on...

You can't go into details??? xD

But you can answer yes or no questions,

can we make this a "guess whats in Acer Froyo" thread?

Your missing the point here...the OEM acer liquid comes factory unlock, and this 2.2 update is from OEM acer not a carrier, so wanting to know which carrier shows in the homescreen is pointless...

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest akira.pwr
Get this man an apology!

And once you share the leak, expect donations :P

I told I can donate after he gave us the rom, not before because it isn't a donation, it's a selling, and it's not part of my personal idea of community... A lot of people can give something if this rom works, right? Ok, now it's his choice....

Guest endamaco

OH greeeeeat!!!! It's a fantastic news! Thanks rafyvitto!!!

I hope it will be possible to use the original froyo launcher (non lp or adw) because I hate the strem interface.. I can't getting used to that

RafyVitto:

I completely understand why you can´t distribute the ROM and I give you many thanks for the pictures!

Of course that ROM could get thru malez, Xian, LS, etc. mail boxes :) If a ROM like that would not go public but only to their mails they could access the missing drivers from v2.2!!! :P That´s all they need/miss... :(

Edited by mmick

Guest rafyvitto
RafyVitto:

I completely understand why you can´t distribute the ROM and I give you many thanks for the pictures!

Of course that ROM could get thru malez, Xian, LS, etc. mail boxes :) If a ROM like that would not go public but only to their mails they could access the missing drivers from v2.2!!! :P That´s all they need/miss... :(

Sorry sharing the beta 2.2 bin is out of my hands, simply not possible, from my end atleast.

Edited by rafyvitto

Guest Delnar_Ersike

Based on the screenshots, the UI is very similar to the one found on the Stream... that could mean a couple of things:

1. The Acer Stream will get the FroYo update as well, maybe even earlier.
  2. Acer Liquids will also be running the Stream UI, so people who want Dolby and other Stream goodies won't have to rely on LCR 1.7.x
  3. The Stream UI will be to Acer as MotoBlur is to Motorola, or Sense UI is to HTC, or TouchWiz 3.0 is to Samsung. Kind makes me wish there weren't as many Launchers, as this just makes it even more confusing for an average user (couldn't every just use the stock Launcher? I understand Sense for HTC, since they've been making Sense for WinMo already, but does every manufacturer need its own Launcher?).
Could you ask your source about the Stream UI on the Liquid being final?

Guest thedicemaster
I like stream UI if it works properly, but I hope it can be replace easily if I need to.

in any android device it should be as easy as installing an app from the market.

post-173493-1283793755_thumb.jpg

why kernel version masked? it cant be a secret! i think froyo "real" kern must be 2.6.32 or later. on 2.6.29 backporting all features is very hard and stupid

if there 2.6.29, i think is fake

why kernel version masked? it cant be a secret! i think froyo "real" kern must be 2.6.32 or later. on 2.6.29 backporting all features is very hard and stupid

totally agree

Kernal version is not masked. What is masked, I believe, is the network operator on the bottom info bar.

I believe this is an early v2.2 beta and the best of this is not if it´s stable or not but... an excelent clue for ROM cookers that are building the v2.2 for our Liquid :)

If it is being said that it´ll be out on October, I believe it will in November LOL Meanwhile I wouldn´t mind to have a cooked v2.2 ROM :P

Guest mmoelli

hey guys,

i'm at the IFA right now and just talked to a Acer-guy. he confirmed froyo for liquid but without a date. interesting: he mentioed, that it may gonna cost a little bit like some Apple updates...

greetings from Berlin