10K for £10k for Childhood Leukemia

Guest PaulOBrien

twwbctwitter.png

10K for £10K for Childhood Leukaemia

Help us raise £10,000 for Cancer Research and be in with the chance to win something cool for yourself!

If every follower donates just £1 on the Cancer Research site, we'll hit the £10k target!

What is the '10K for £10K for Childhood Leukaemia' campaign?

Since the very early days of MoDaCo back in 2002, we have been involved with raising money for Cancer Research. When we've held our face-to-face events over the years proceeds have always been donated to CR and other fundraising efforts since have always contributed to this extremely worthy cause. Just recently I noticed that my follower count on Twitter was heading towards 10,000 and this got me thinking about whether I could use this following to do some good. This in turn led me to wonder if we could raise £10,000 for the MoDaCo Cancer Research 'My Project' in aid of Childhood Leukaemia, which equates to a donation of £1 per Twitter follower.

Of course, the best reward of donating to such a worthy cause is the knowledge that your are contributing to helping the most vulnerable of Cancer sufferers, but there's no reason there can't be an extra carrot of a gadget or two up for grabs is there... :(, hence we have a prize pool, the recipients of which will be chosen at random the end of the donation effort from those who have donated.

What are the prizes?

I have started the ball rolling by donating some of my personal tech to the prize pool and I have also invited some friends of MoDaCo to offer prizes too. I hope that the list below will grow as the effort gets publicised. :P

Donated by @paulobrien: A handset / tablet PC of the winner's choice

Donated by Clove Technology: 1 x Samsung WEP210 Bluetooth Headset, 2 x Samsung GT-E11080 Mobile Phones, 2 x £10 Voucher off ANY Clove order

Donated by DSL Developments: 1 x Brodit passive holder and the corresponding ProClip / Windscreen mount

Donated by Sony Ericsson: 1 x Xperia X10 Mini

Donated by HTC: 1 x HTC HD Mini

Donated by HTCCode: 5 x SIM unlocks

Donated by Mobiles.co.uk: 1 x Blackberry 8520

Donated by MoDaCo member Mysterious Stranger: 1 x HTC Smart

Donated by Paul Ockenden: £50 Marks and Spencer voucher

Donated by ALK: 5 x CoPilot Live 8 (Pan Europe Maps Edition) for Android / Windows Mobile

clovelogocr.pngdslcr.pnghtclogocr.pngmobileslogocr.png

How long will the effort run for?

The effort will run until either 23:59 on the 30th September (if the £10k target has been reached by this time), or it will continue until such time as the target has been reached. No prizes will be sent out until we hit the £10,000. If we hit the target well before the end of September, I'll set us some new goals to see how well we can do!

How do I donate, or see the currently total?

To donate, or to view the current total, visit our My Projects Giving Group at Cancer Research UK (which is also inline below). Note that the collection of the donations and the administration of the fund is handled completely independently by Cancer Research. One of the many advantages of this is that UK taxpayers donations are eligible for gift aid, which is worth an additional 20p for every £1 donation!

How can I help promote the campaign?

Please promote the campaign in any way you can be that via Twitter, Facebook or any other medium you can think of! We're trying to do something for a very worth cause, let's tell the world about it and get them involved! :)

I want to know more about what i'm donating to

If you'd like to read more about the 'Childhood Leukaemia - research to improve treatment' project, visit this page at Cancer Research. Around one-third of all deaths from cancer in children in the UK are caused by leukaemia. The work carried out by thius project could improve the outlook for the 20% of children with an acute form of the disease who do not respond well to chemotherapy.

Anything else?

There are a few little terms and conditions around the giving away of prizes which are detailed below. But before that, I'd like to say a big THANK YOU to everybody who has got involved, both donators and those companies who've generously provided prizes. Let's work together and make a difference!

P

Terms and conditions (Prizes)

• The judge's decision is final, no correspondence will be entered into.
  • The winner of each prize will be chosen at random from the donators to the MoDaCo MyProject - the list of which will be provided by Cancer Research UK. Worldwide postage is included with each prize, however the recipient will be responsible for any incurred custom fees.
  • The competition is open until 23:59 pm on 30th September 2010 BST, IF the £10,000 target has been met. If it has not, the competition will remain open until such time as the target is reached.
  • The winners will be contacted via email and must respond within 7 days, otherwise an alternative winner will be drawn.

This post has been promoted to an article

Guest drvdijk

I'm absolutely not living large, but this is a very good cause, so I donated my 0.01% of the overall project goal (i.e. 1 pound)

Hope we reach the goal within days! ;-)

Guest bcmobile
As much as it pains me to writes this, I would rather have the iPad over the Dell Streak.

LMAO same here.

But I only admit that here because I'm pretty sure there are no hardcore Apple fanboys here :P