71 replies to this topic

tedkord

tedkord

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts
  • Devices:SCH-i920
I'm looking at this Kitchen, and it looks pretty straight forward. It looks as though I could take an already customized ROM file, say AMDZero's ZeroLite, and redo it with a different pagepool setting. True?

And if so, could I use his ROM as a template for my own, adding settings I use regularly, or even updating the WinMO RC? Adding reg edits? and so on? How would I do these thing if they were possible? (This would be for my own personal use - I would never release AMD's work as my own)

I read through the enclosed .pdf instruction file, and I think I see how to modify the pagepool - but I still have no idea if I can update to a diffewent RC of WinMo. Let's be honest, I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed...

Edited by tedkord, 25 September 2010 - 05:13 PM.

Samsung Omnia II SCH-i920 with AMDZero's DG21 ZeroSense ROM

xlightwaverx

xlightwaverx

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • Interests:Women, Linux, Computing - In that Order.
  • Devices:Razr Maxx
  • Twitter:@xlightwaverx
AMD's ROMs have come along quite a bit and I believe he protects them now so that they are un-dumpable. If you were to ask him for one of his kitchens, I am sure he might be able to provide you with something close to his kitchen or equivalent or assist you with any other task you are trying to perform. He has been the most helpful chef in this FORUM IMHO.

You can do anything with this Kitchen, I'll leave it as that.\

X

I'm looking at this Kitchen, and it looks pretty straight forward. It looks as though I could take an already customized ROM file, say AMDZero's ZeroLite, and redo it with a different pagepool setting. True?

And if so, could I use his ROM as a template for my own, adding settings I use regularly, or even updating the WinMO RC? Adding reg edits? and so on? How would I do these thing if they were possible? (This would be for my own personal use - I would never release AMD's work as my own)

I read through the enclosed .pdf instruction file, and I think I see how to modify the pagepool - but I still have no idea if I can update to a diffewent RC of WinMo. Let's be honest, I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed...

GTalk/Email: xlightwaverx[@]gmail.com | Android Development | CrackFlasher Downloads
Posted Image

tedkord

tedkord

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts
Thanks for the reply. I think I managed to change the page pool on AMD's lite ROM - from 8mb to 10mb - just as an experiment. It created a new .nb0 file which flashed with no problems. But I'm still totally lost on how to change to a different os build.

urphonesux

urphonesux

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • Devices:AMDZERO'D out i920!!!!!!!!
if you only want to change the page pool in a rom i suggest using wes's rom tool

xlightwaverx

xlightwaverx

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts
You are going to have to "acquire" different SYS Builds and when you throw them in your working folder (that you copy from _template, to become your working directory) you should be able to put the SYS directory in your working folder and select it from the romtool.exe program at the top when you choose what SYS you are going to cook with before romtool.exe puts everything together using BuildOS.

I haven't done it yet but that is just how it seems it would work. It's just a GUI Front End.

Attached File  rom_tool_sys_pick.jpg   58.82KB   29 downloads

Thanks for the reply. I think I managed to change the page pool on AMD's lite ROM - from 8mb to 10mb - just as an experiment. It created a new .nb0 file which flashed with no problems. But I'm still totally lost on how to change to a different os build.

Edited by xlightwaverx, 27 September 2010 - 10:30 AM.

GTalk/Email: xlightwaverx[@]gmail.com | Android Development | CrackFlasher Downloads
Posted Image

urphonesux

urphonesux

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts
how do you guys know what to strip out to make a lite rom?

urphonesux

urphonesux

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts
am i supposed to put sys in the template/rom folder?

and put the msip folders in the xip_xxxx folder right?

urphonesux

urphonesux

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts
is there any directions anywhere for this?
The .pdf is useless to noobies

urphonesux

urphonesux

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts
cannot even select anything in the top boxes

urphonesux

urphonesux

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts
nm my head hurts now

tedkord

tedkord

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

You are going to have to "acquire" different SYS Builds and when you throw them in your working folder (that you copy from _template, to become your working directory) you should be able to put the SYS directory in your working folder and select it from the romtool.exe program at the top when you choose what SYS you are going to cook with before romtool.exe puts everything together using BuildOS.

I haven't done it yet but that is just how it seems it would work. It's just a GUI Front End.

Attached File  rom_tool_sys_pick.jpg   58.82KB   29 downloads

Right. I've got a copy of 23569, 192DPI_0409, XIP and Common. But where I get confused is the .pdf calls for putting the XIP.bin into the folder, and there's no .bin file included. I wasn't sure if I had to run the 23569-XIP folder through some program that coverts the whole thing into a binary file, or what.

This is based on the i8000 rom tool, right? Maybe I can dig up more directions there. For right now, I'm exhausted. Got home and to bed at 5am, woken up at 11:30 by a phone call. The past four days, I've gotten between 4 and 6 hours sleep. That's not helping my cognitive skills when I try to figure this out. :lol:

Oh, and thanks for the tool, and for trying to pound a little knowledge into a rock-hard head.

Edited by tedkord, 27 September 2010 - 04:37 PM.

urphonesux

urphonesux

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts
"Oh, and thanks for the tool, and for trying to pound a little knowledge into a rock-hard head."

indeed. i get pissed off and short tempered at all of this technology stuff...........................

but there is always another way

(than to get pissed off and short tempered at all of this technology stuff)

xlightwaverx

xlightwaverx

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts
I'll look into it when I get some more time. And I just packaged the tool up with some required extra's for us i920 folks. AMD would have a definite answer for you since he's been using it far longer than I and he is the one that got me into it and has already cooked ROMs with other SYS's intact... As usual, he would be the main man for this.

"Oh, and thanks for the tool, and for trying to pound a little knowledge into a rock-hard head."

indeed. i get pissed off and short tempered at all of this technology stuff...........................
but there is always another way

(than to get pissed off and short tempered at all of this technology stuff)

Posted Image

urphonesux

urphonesux

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts
i appreciate you all.

I think that with a more in depth tutorial for noobs there would be many other custom roms floating around this place. As it is now its a barren forest on our way to nirvana.
Not to say that made any sense its just that i REALLY LIKE using Keyboard 3.9

xlightwaverx

xlightwaverx

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts
Swype 3.9? And no pun intended on "made any sense" right? Haha.

i appreciate you all.

I think that with a more in depth tutorial for noobs there would be many other custom roms floating around this place. As it is now its a barren forest on our way to nirvana.
Not to say that made any sense its just that i REALLY LIKE using Keyboard 3.9

Posted Image

amdzero

amdzero

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts
  • Devices:i920 Omnia 2
It would appear that a tutorial would be in order for this kitchen that was posted. I'm not sure I have the time for a full tutorial but I CAN answer questions on this aspect.

As far as the SYS goes, you can put any "SYS" version in the root of your rom folder.

Here is how I have mine setup

d:\
|
i8000kitchen
|
_Template ZeroBase ZeroLite

so inside my ZeroBase folder I put the SYS version I want to cook.

A word of caution however, as I have not been able to make a good xip.bin file with this kitchen, NOR have I been able to use a different xip.bin file.

What I do is use the older buildos kitchen to cook the proper sys/xip, then I dump it with we rom tool.

Also at the top there is a working folder so my working folder is D:\i8000kitchen

This way I can select my ROM in the ROM: box ([ZeroBase], or [ZeroLite]) and if I had multiple SYS folder I could then use the SYS: box.

I also haven't gotten the multiple sys folder to work either, I'm assuming because I can't get the xip.bin to build correctly.

xlightwaverx

xlightwaverx

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts
IS there a way to incorporate a new SYS into BUILDOS the same way the old Kitchen did it? Just by overwriting the old SYS folder with the new files? I am not sure why this kitchen cannot do that considering it is just a GUI for BuildOS.

It would appear that a tutorial would be in order for this kitchen that was posted. I'm not sure I have the time for a full tutorial but I CAN answer questions on this aspect.

As far as the SYS goes, you can put any "SYS" version in the root of your rom folder.

Here is how I have mine setup

d:\
|
i8000kitchen
|
_Template ZeroBase ZeroLite

so inside my ZeroBase folder I put the SYS version I want to cook.

A word of caution however, as I have not been able to make a good xip.bin file with this kitchen, NOR have I been able to use a different xip.bin file.

What I do is use the older buildos kitchen to cook the proper sys/xip, then I dump it with we rom tool.

Also at the top there is a working folder so my working folder is D:\i8000kitchen

This way I can select my ROM in the ROM: box ([ZeroBase], or [ZeroLite]) and if I had multiple SYS folder I could then use the SYS: box.

I also haven't gotten the multiple sys folder to work either, I'm assuming because I can't get the xip.bin to build correctly.

Posted Image

amdzero

amdzero

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

IS there a way to incorporate a new SYS into BUILDOS the same way the old Kitchen did it? Just by overwriting the old SYS folder with the new files? I am not sure why this kitchen cannot do that considering it is just a GUI for BuildOS.

yes works the SAME way. Its a little trickier if you want the xip as well.

xlightwaverx

xlightwaverx

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts
Probably gonna have to release a topic on the HOWTO to incorporate a new SYS correctly considering I have just copied the new SYS to the respective folders overwriting whatever I could while the files that remain are usually phone specific files and the same goes for the XIP, and BuildOS takes it like a champ with no errors and I am running a new sys. Or that is how I remember it happening.

I just would like to get this kitchen squared away so it is fully functional.

yes works the SAME way. Its a little trickier if you want the xip as well.

Posted Image

amdzero

amdzero

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

Probably gonna have to release a topic on the HOWTO to incorporate a new SYS correctly considering I have just copied the new SYS to the respective folders overwriting whatever I could while the files that remain are usually phone specific files and the same goes for the XIP, and BuildOS takes it like a champ with no errors and I am running a new sys. Or that is how I remember it happening.

I just would like to get this kitchen squared away so it is fully functional.

yeah the kitchen is supposed to build a new xip, but in my experience it doesn't. I have to use the old buildos kitchen and make a new flash.nb0 then re-dump it and copy the xiptools and rom folders back in.

Talk about a pita, but luckily I don't change sys/xip too often.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users