• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

xlightwaverx

xlightwaverx

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • Interests:Women, Linux, Computing - In that Order.
  • Devices:Razr Maxx
  • Twitter:@xlightwaverx

Instead of wrapping everything up, maybe post a pic to show you how my folders are aligned??? let me try to post a link, and if not then code it.

Sorry if this takes up a lot of space on the page, i tried to reduce it's size. If it needs to be deleted go ahead!

http://usera.ImageCa...hen_Folders.PNG
Posted Image

Looks alright to me. It's just that if you select SYS_21906, you probably will have an issue with there not being a XIP_21906. If you select SYS_OEM, I don't believe the kitchen will rename it if its not in the 5 decimal order (SYS_12345). If you rename the SYS_XXXXX yourself to SYS, then I don't think the XIP deal will matter since the kitchen doesn't need to do anything but run BuildOS.

X

GTalk/Email: xlightwaverx[@]gmail.com | Android Development | CrackFlasher Downloads
Posted Image

nickmo20

nickmo20

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Devices:Omnia i910 & i920
yeah, see i was having issues though with renaming everything... So by keeping it plain SYS and XIP it works. then the items/folders not in use i rename so that they get left out. So whenever i want to use 23569, i just rename them to the stock name. It's weird i know, but it hasn't worked by renaming.. I even just re-unpacked the kitchen, and started from scratch. It built OK without any errors in the log, but still won't boot!

I'm at a loss for words. Normally seeing an error issue leads me to finding a solution, but at this point, i don't know where to begin! Like i said, i can cook the stock 21906 but nothing else works.. I guess i can try to download a COM 3 and see how that works. Thanks X for the help! and also your insight! I'll give it another go.

Trust me, i'm not giving up any time soon!

amdzero

amdzero

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts
  • Devices:i920 Omnia 2
for those interested, here is a good little program used BEFORE you cook your rom.

http://www.modaco.co...ool-prebuildos/

It copies the duplicate files to a folder for you so you can see the, well, duplicates. I don't think this works for files that are folders.
i.e. if you have a file called outres.192.dll in your oem folder and a FOLDER called outres.192.dll in your sys folder, these are not duplicates, but buildOS will give an error, as they cannot reside in the same temp\dump folder.

xlightwaverx

xlightwaverx

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts

yeah, see i was having issues though with renaming everything... So by keeping it plain SYS and XIP it works. then the items/folders not in use i rename so that they get left out. So whenever i want to use 23569, i just rename them to the stock name. It's weird i know, but it hasn't worked by renaming.. I even just re-unpacked the kitchen, and started from scratch. It built OK without any errors in the log, but still won't boot!

I'm at a loss for words. Normally seeing an error issue leads me to finding a solution, but at this point, i don't know where to begin! Like i said, i can cook the stock 21906 but nothing else works.. I guess i can try to download a COM 3 and see how that works. Thanks X for the help! and also your insight! I'll give it another go.

Trust me, i'm not giving up any time soon!

I think I have the software to successfully make some tutorials. I may just have to make a video when I update the kitchen. I'll probably post it on both Omnia II boards since it applies to both. Either way, you are going to figure it out.

X

GTalk/Email: xlightwaverx[@]gmail.com | Android Development | CrackFlasher Downloads
Posted Image

xlightwaverx

xlightwaverx

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts

for those interested, here is a good little program used BEFORE you cook your rom.

http://www.modaco.co...ool-prebuildos/

It copies the duplicate files to a folder for you so you can see the, well, duplicates. I don't think this works for files that are folders.
i.e. if you have a file called outres.192.dll in your oem folder and a FOLDER called outres.192.dll in your sys folder, these are not duplicates, but buildOS will give an error, as they cannot reside in the same temp\dump folder.

Yes, very handy indeed, and I will probably include it in the next kitchen release. The only issue is that if you have a kitchen setup with option.xml's and have various different packages setup already that YOU KNOW you will not cook together because of duplicates, this program will rip your kitchen apart. But it's good for starters, and definitely helped with the adding of CHT to a ROM. I had to thank the developer last night for it, heh.

X

Posted Image

nickmo20

nickmo20

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
yeah I'm sure I'll figure it out.. hopefully sooner than later. but i feel quite ridiculous because it took only days to learn to cook successfully on other phones and this time around I'm struggling.

Think by any chance someone could load a stock ROM but swap out for 23569 and I'll trim it down and tweak it from there? I swear my issue comes from the SYS folder, I'll keep trying.

nickmo20

nickmo20

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
Alright, The issue has to be with my SYS folder. When I swap out the SYS folder for any other builds, it works fine, but not for 23569. I have changed the XIP for 23569 too and still wont work. I'm not sure why it wont work on that build, but we'll see i guess

xlightwaverx

xlightwaverx

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Alright, The issue has to be with my SYS folder. When I swap out the SYS folder for any other builds, it works fine, but not for 23569. I have changed the XIP for 23569 too and still wont work. I'm not sure why it wont work on that build, but we'll see i guess

I'll download the SYS and try tonight. Maybe I'll make a movie.

X

Posted Image

nickmo20

nickmo20

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

I'll download the SYS and try tonight. Maybe I'll make a movie.

X

You're the MAN! I've tried combing through and still can't seem to locate the error. Maybe I just have a GD phone issue and need to send it back...

xlightwaverx

xlightwaverx

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts

You're the MAN! I've tried combing through and still can't seem to locate the error. Maybe I just have a GD phone issue and need to send it back...

I made a video tutorial you can watch HERE on how to add a SYS to your kitchen. I hope this helps. :(

X

Posted Image

dee22

dee22

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Devices:omnia i920
Hi guys i am a complete newbie at this whole cooking thing....i downloaed this Kitchen GUI thing and still i have no idea what to do...Help plz!!

dee22

dee22

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Devices:omnia i920
Hi guys i am a complete newbie at this whole cooking thing....i downloaded this Kitchen GUI thing and still i have no idea what to do...Help plz!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users