build.prop

Guest fards

http://android.modaco.com/content/t-mobile...prop-editor-v2/

Worth a look at? No where near a PC so can't try it, but I'm interested to see what changes it makes

None that are worth doing on the Streak.

With it you can change the notification bar text colour (doesn't work), stop wifi timing out (not sure), disable ring delay (i already had this applied) and Improve home return speed (not noticed a change). :P

Guest spences10
None that are worth doing on the Streak.

With it you can change the notification bar text colour (doesn't work), stop wifi timing out (not sure), disable ring delay (i already had this applied) and Improve home return speed (not noticed a change). :P

Its worth it to have stock menus - the first time i tried this it worked i now when i clear the dalvik and restart the changes do not take effect?

Does anyone know how to do this without doing a factory reset?

Thanks.

Guest spences10

Just so I know can somone confirm how they change their build.prop files?

I have been changing mine via Root Explorer, but recently none of the changes have taken affect [ especially the stock menus which i want back :lol: ] can anyone give any guidance please?

Thanks.

Just so I know can somone confirm how they change their build.prop files?

I have been changing mine via Root Explorer, but recently none of the changes have taken affect [ especially the stock menus which i want back :lol: ] can anyone give any guidance please?

Thanks.

try clearing the dalvik cache?

Guest spences10
try clearing the dalvik cache?

Thanks fards, I think I have tried this already - I ended up doing a full factory reset and still no stock menus :lol:

I will try again and feedback any news.

Do you amend you're build.prop in the same way? via Root Explorer

Guest 80sLoveCHILD
Thanks fards, I think I have tried this already - I ended up doing a full factory reset and still no stock menus :lol:

Yeah fards, how do you?

How comei cant see the lcd_density command in my build.prop. am i missing something?

Edited by 80sLoveCHILD

Guest vinokirk
If you want to see some funny stuff download the android source and look through it. Some of the comments are things like "// I don't know what this does" or "// Who did this?". Doesn't fill your heart with confidence tbh :)

Reminds me of a software house i used to work for lol

/*Craig you c*** this array is b*******, sort it out */

from what i can remember :lol:

Thanks fards, I think I have tried this already - I ended up doing a full factory reset and still no stock menus :)

I do, yes.

Don't forget, when you're messing with the 'stock menu' stuff, that the lines are repeated towards the end and you'll need to change both for it to work (i did at least).

I love the stock android menus though, much less obtrusive than the stupid dell ones :)

Haha, brilliant :(

Guest spences10

I want to work for this place.

I also used Root Explorer. Didn't clear cache, probably did reboot though. In a funny way I miss the Dell menus because the "secondary" menus revert to the Dell style from the stock style - difficult to explain, I'm sure you'll find out what I mean in due course ... basically, leads to a lack of consistency (but not enough that I can be bothered to change it back!)

Guest 80sLoveCHILD
It's not there by default, but you can add it.

Yeah I just tried it. Thanks

Keyboard is a bit small now. Still useable thou. Its a shame we can't change the homescreen to fit more icons

Yeah I just tried it. Thanks

Keyboard is a bit small now. Still useable thou. Its a shame we can't change the homescreen to fit more icons

If you use ADW launcher you can do exactly that (add more columns/rows)

yeah, but I think the latest version of RE is a bit buggy