Photo

[ROMs]AMDZero Omnia 2 (i920 only) (DG21)

* * * * * 4 votes

• Please log in to reply
760 replies to this topic

amdzero

amdzero

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts
  • Devices:i920 Omnia 2

Hey, AMD. Nice ROM so far. No real problems to report, and my WIFI speeds have gone through the roof. Battery life does seem quite a bit worse, but I'm constantly charging, so no issue there.

Your description in the 1st post is kinda sparse. Does the Lite ROM have things like the GLES1.0 drivers that Chainfire cobbled together for us?

I guess I need to be more descriptive of what is "IN" the rom eh? yeah the OpenGL 1.0 driver is IN there already.

tedkord

tedkord

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts
  • Devices:SCH-i920

I guess I need to be more descriptive of what is "IN" the rom eh? yeah the OpenGL 1.0 driver is IN there already.

Nah, you don't "need" to do anything more than you want. :lol: It's your baby, and as it's a free service (or donation supported, anyway), I'm not gonna complain about any decision you make.

I figured the OGL drivers were in there, since FPUEnabler and S3Overclock were. Just wanted to be sure.

BTW, if anyone cares, I tried TouchXperience on the new DG21 ROM, and it's no better. So, I guess the OpenGLES 2.0 drivers weren't updated, or at least weren't improved. Shame on Samsung! This device should easily handle the 3D games thrown at it, but Samsung sucks at drivers.

Samsung Omnia II SCH-i920 with AMDZero's DG21 ZeroSense ROM

batch519

batch519

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia 2 SCH-i920

as I was looking through the registry today I ran across these entries:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Samsung\MotionSettings]
	"Rotation"=dword:0
	"Etiquette"=dword:0
	"OFFSET_X"=dword:0
	"OFFSET_Y"=dword:0
	"OFFSET_Z"=dword:0
	"OffsetChanged"=dword:0
	"EnableRotation"=dword:1
	"RotationVib"=dword:1
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Services\MotionAgent]
	"Dll"="MotionAgent.dll"
	"Flags"=dword:2
	"Description"="Motion Agent Service"
	"DisplayName"="Motion Agent"
	"Index"=dword:0
	"Prefix"="MAG"
	"Keep"=dword:1
	"Order"=dword:20
You might try setting Enable Rotation to 0, and erasing the Dll referenced in MotionAgent

let me know how it goes. I know Opera 10 seems to rotate no matter what.

Thanks for digging in to this for me AMD, I will try it out and let you know. I think I figured out what was causing my lockups, I disabled all 'power' settings/options under the S2U2 settings and only allow S2U2 to lock my device upon waking up, which is under 'general'.

Thanks!!

ROM: S.i920.2.0V.DC23.21889
AMDZero ZeroSense v1.0

bmt10

bmt10

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Devices:Omnia II i920
A quick question, on some of these cooked roms I noticed the physical buttons hold commands were changed. On this one when you hold the end key it puts it in airplane mode instead of bringing up the shutdown confirmation, and holding the send key brings up the voice command program(which I'm assuming is not on this rom as it gives an error). Can these disabled or at the very least changed? I used a program to assign commands to them but in the case of those two buttons it ignores that and still puts it in airplane mode. Also along those same lines is there a way to disable the hold functions on the volume slider that put it into vibrate if you hold down? I'd like to assign that to page down or something to use for scrolling, already set the normal press to up and down commands. O
Okay that wasn't really a quick question but I would appreciate any insight.

amdzero

amdzero

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

A quick question, on some of these cooked roms I noticed the physical buttons hold commands were changed. On this one when you hold the end key it puts it in airplane mode instead of bringing up the shutdown confirmation, and holding the send key brings up the voice command program(which I'm assuming is not on this rom as it gives an error). Can these disabled or at the very least changed? I used a program to assign commands to them but in the case of those two buttons it ignores that and still puts it in airplane mode. Also along those same lines is there a way to disable the hold functions on the volume slider that put it into vibrate if you hold down? I'd like to assign that to page down or something to use for scrolling, already set the normal press to up and down commands. O
Okay that wasn't really a quick question but I would appreciate any insight.

The buttons on this device are controlled by proprietary code. Its not as easy as a registry entry.

You mention the power button hold puts the phone in airplane mode, this isn't completely correct. It doesn't ask you the question anymore and starts the shutdown sequence. So if you press power and hold the phone will shut off. It is linked to a dll that controls many msgs (cameramsgbox.dll I think?) and you can hex-edit a link to any program you want. The problem with doing this (as me and steel found out) is that after you press and hold the power button, all the buttons on the phone stop working. So we tried to get set it to slide2shutdown, but then you couldn't shutdown the phone because Samsung uses a propriety shutdown call in the dll (that we haven't found) so slide2shutdown doesn't actually shut the phone off, but puts it into standby. So changing the powerbutton link in the mentioned dll will mean you have to remove the battery to actually turn the phone off.

The Call button is coded to voicerecognition.exe So (in theory) you can make take any exe you want and rename it to voicerecognition.exe and place it into the windows directory (overwriting if necessary).

Finally I do not know where the volume hold (down) button is controlled.

bmt10

bmt10

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

The buttons on this device are controlled by proprietary code. Its not as easy as a registry entry.

You mention the power button hold puts the phone in airplane mode, this isn't completely correct. It doesn't ask you the question anymore and starts the shutdown sequence. So if you press power and hold the phone will shut off. It is linked to a dll that controls many msgs (cameramsgbox.dll I think?) and you can hex-edit a link to any program you want. The problem with doing this (as me and steel found out) is that after you press and hold the power button, all the buttons on the phone stop working. So we tried to get set it to slide2shutdown, but then you couldn't shutdown the phone because Samsung uses a propriety shutdown call in the dll (that we haven't found) so slide2shutdown doesn't actually shut the phone off, but puts it into standby. So changing the powerbutton link in the mentioned dll will mean you have to remove the battery to actually turn the phone off.

The Call button is coded to voicerecognition.exe So (in theory) you can make take any exe you want and rename it to voicerecognition.exe and place it into the windows directory (overwriting if necessary).
Finally I do not know where the volume hold (down) button is controlled.

Well that makes sense, I had set the hold command for the power button to power off the phone and I just figured that it was first turning on air plane mode(the airplane mode icon does appear in the taskbar) and then doing the command I assigned to turn off the phone, which serves to achieve what I was trying for anyways which was to have power hold shut off the phone without giving me the confirm dialogue...I probably should of tried shutting down the phone that way before I went and messed with it. Other commands I have are double and triple pressing the send and end key so I really don't need to go through all that, especially since half the things you said went right over my head :/
Thank you for the insight though.

Also since you mentioned slide2shutdown I'm curious if you have tried a program called Quick Shutdown, it's basically a clone of slide2shutdown but they say that is does not run on .net and it opens up instantly compared to slide2shutdown.

Edited by bmt10, 14 September 2010 - 08:01 PM.

amdzero

amdzero

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

Well that makes sense, I had set the hold command for the power button to power off the phone and I just figured that it was first turning on air plane mode(the airplane mode icon does appear in the taskbar) and then doing the command I assigned to turn off the phone, which serves to achieve what I was trying for anyways which was to have power hold shut off the phone without giving me the confirm dialogue...I probably should of tried shutting down the phone that way before I went and messed with it. Other commands I have are double and triple pressing the send and end key so I really don't need to go through all that, especially since half the things you said went right over my head :/
Thank you for the insight though.

Also since you mentioned slide2shutdown I'm curious if you have tried a program called Quick Shutdown, it's basically a clone of slide2shutdown but they say that is does not run on .net and it opens up instantly compared to slide2shutdown.

I just installed quickshutdown, I used it before. It IS fast, but again, doesn't actually turn the phone off. I've stopped using slide2shutdown for this reason.

what is the program you use for double tripple press of buttons?

bmt10

bmt10

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

I just installed quickshutdown, I used it before. It IS fast, but again, doesn't actually turn the phone off. I've stopped using slide2shutdown for this reason.

what is the program you use for double tripple press of buttons?

Neither slide2shutdown or this one will power off the phone for me, so I use the faster one for restarting, it's bound to triple press on my end key.

[url="http://ae.inc.ru/aeb...s.php"]AEButton Plus[/url, sometimes it doesn't get along with sense and will crash when you open up the menu for it but otherwise it works very well for me.

Robtao

Robtao

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts
  • Devices:6700, 6800, Omnia 910

Neither slide2shutdown or this one will power off the phone for me, so I use the faster one for restarting, it's bound to triple press on my end key.

AEButton Plus[/url, sometimes it doesn't get along with sense and will crash when you open up the menu for it but otherwise it works very well for me.

I really like and recommend AEButton Plus, also.

[url="http://www.modaco.com/index.php?s=&showtopic=317960&view=findpost&p=1406208"]http://www.modaco.com/index.php?s=&sho...t&p=1406208

Edited by Robtao, 15 September 2010 - 11:11 PM.

mdkpnj

mdkpnj

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • Devices:Omnia I920
:lol:
Wondered across an interesting bug. In Sounds and Notifications; the sounds for Phine: Incoming Call look at 'My Ringtones' (as it should).
The other notification sounds do not, they only pick-up as choices the sounds in \Windows.

As a workaround I can copy My Ringtomes to \windows, but I thought I'd point it out. Has anyone else noticed this?

amdzero

amdzero

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

:lol:
Wondered across an interesting bug. In Sounds and Notifications; the sounds for Phine: Incoming Call look at 'My Ringtones' (as it should).
The other notification sounds do not, they only pick-up as choices the sounds in \Windows.

As a workaround I can copy My Ringtomes to \windows, but I thought I'd point it out. Has anyone else noticed this?

I'm sorry but I really don't understand what you just wrote.

could you walk me through an example so I may see what is wrong? Or even a screenshot?

Robtao

Robtao

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts
I have also noticed that not all ringtones appear as options for all notifications. I thought it was perhaps being selective about the format of the file: wav vs wma, etc. But I haven't gotten around to trying to put the ones I want into Windows.

Edited by Robtao, 15 September 2010 - 08:56 PM.

jbr05ki

jbr05ki

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia DEUX (i920)
  • Twitter:@jbr05ki
Anyone else have any issues with the Samsung Dialer not showing Caller ID pictures?

Robtao

Robtao

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts
I want to add a good Main Menu to this ROM. I found this:

http://www.modaco.co...menu-exe-file/#

All it adds is the .exe (865.5K) and 1 small .mui file.

It works smoothly, and the icons look good and work, but there is a "store" button at the bottom center that doesn't work.

Does anybody have a better working version for Main Menu?

Also, how to add a custom background, like Today wallpaper?

Edited by Robtao, 16 September 2010 - 03:37 AM.

Robtao

Robtao

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts
Enjoying this ROM.

Been meaning to ask:

Is there an easy way to disable the startup music? I have a DisableStartShutdownSounds.cab, but it doesn't work on this ROM (all previous were fine, where it disabled the Verizon sound.) Also, during startup after a soft reset, the AMDzero screen flashes once just for an instant, but then goes directly to the Windows startup screen with the rotating 4 colors. I am wondering if the 2 issues are related as they happen at the same time?

amdzero

amdzero

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

Enjoying this ROM.

Been meaning to ask:

Is there an easy way to disable the startup music? I have a DisableStartShutdownSounds.cab, but it doesn't work on this ROM (all previous were fine, where it disabled the Verizon sound.) Also, during startup after a soft reset, the AMDzero screen flashes once just for an instant, but then goes directly to the Windows startup screen with the rotating 4 colors. I am wondering if the 2 issues are related as they happen at the same time?

I'm using a custom shutdown animation borrowed in part from HTC devices.

Try this cab:
Attached File  AMDZero_Zero_Boot_Alter1.cab   1.77KB   24 downloads
It will remove the boot sound, and change the bootscreen to the windows 4 color screen.

Fogfire

Fogfire

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Devices:Omnia 910
Hi what is the status on ZeroStock DG21? Trying to decide how much effort to put in personalizing VZ DG21
Thanks for the work :lol:

amdzero

amdzero

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

Hi what is the status on ZeroStock DG21? Trying to decide how much effort to put in personalizing VZ DG21
Thanks for the work :lol:

it will be a few days, I'm finishing up testing on my new DG21 Base rom.

Robtao

Robtao

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts

I'm using a custom shutdown animation borrowed in part from HTC devices.

Try this cab:
Attached File  AMDZero_Zero_Boot_Alter1.cab   1.77KB   24 downloads
It will remove the boot sound, and change the bootscreen to the windows 4 color screen.

Thanks! That did the trick.

urphonesux

urphonesux

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • Devices:AMDZERO'D out i920!!!!!!!!
recorded a looong video the other day and by the time i'd gotten home it had disappeared.
I ran a data recovery app and everything. I was able to restore a movie i had deleted from my phone weeks ago but was not able to even find the missing video file?

Some apps appear to be corrupting at random, for example O2flash will no longer work even after a uninstall/reinstall?

only can install google mobile app if id just downloaded it from the default browser. Not from the .cab on my sd card?

cant install swype wp7 skin

cant adjust input settings

overclocking to 1000 Mhz instantly crashes my omnia

i can see a difference after overclocking to lower values in sktools benchmark app but the phone starts acting wonky

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users