Photo

[ROMs]AMDZero Omnia 2 (i920 only) (DG21)

* * * * * 4 votes

• Please log in to reply
760 replies to this topic

trelleck

trelleck

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Take your phone to a free wifi McDowell's or StarBox and see if it connects.

Fixed.

I just got off the phone with Verizon. They had me enter the MAC address of the phone into "permit PCs listed below to access the wireless network" into my wireless settings on the router and it worked. It's damn peculiar that it worked for nearly a year without having to do that. Oh well, learn something new every day. The version of the phone I received had a 9.12 were as my old one had a 9.11 on the white under the battery, so I guess may have earned myself a slightly newer model for the trouble.

PS. I was almost ready to do what you suggested and then decided I'd call them first. I was really surprised that they would be able to help.

Thanks very much for your suggestions though.

Edited by trelleck, 03 February 2011 - 02:41 AM.

rolobolas

rolobolas

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Devices:Omnia II - SCH I920 - CDMA

Lite Rom

Running your Lite Rom and using the winmo today screen with xclock, gps2day, easy today launcher and weather bug.

Is there any way that you could cab the Samsung Keypad removed from this Rom? My wife, new owner of the O2 don't like to use swype.

Thanks a million ;)

amdzero

amdzero

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts
  • Devices:i920 Omnia 2

Running your Lite Rom and using the winmo today screen with xclock, gps2day, easy today launcher and weather bug.

Is there any way that you could cab the Samsung Keypad removed from this Rom? My wife, new owner of the O2 don't like to use swype.

Thanks a million ;)

doesn't like to use swype!?

ur dead to me

j/k btw, try this

http://www.modaco.co...amp;pid=1121750

he doesn't want ppl to mirror his work.

Edited by amdzero, 03 February 2011 - 05:07 AM.

rolobolas

rolobolas

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Devices:Omnia II - SCH I920 - CDMA

doesn't like to use swype!?

ur dead to me
j/k btw, try this

http://www.modaco.co...amp;pid=1121750

he doesn't want ppl to mirror his work.

Hey thanks! and what can I say she doesn't like swype, oh well! I admit it, she comes from using an old razr phone and can't digest this new technololgy. ;)

tedkord

tedkord

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts
  • Devices:SCH-i920
Hey, AMD is today your Dad's anniversary? :P

Samsung Omnia II SCH-i920 with AMDZero's DG21 ZeroSense ROM

Conquistador414

Conquistador414

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia 2, Motorola Q9c
Hi. Perhaps this question was already answered, but I couldn't find the answer... I upgraded to the LATEST DG21 release and only afterwards realized that I shouldn't have upgraded to the latest before installing a custom ROM. Is there anything I can to to downgrade so that I can install a custom ROM. Obviously the official upgrade tool won't let me do it...

tedkord

tedkord

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts
  • Devices:SCH-i920

Hi. Perhaps this question was already answered, but I couldn't find the answer... I upgraded to the LATEST DG21 release and only afterwards realized that I shouldn't have upgraded to the latest before installing a custom ROM. Is there anything I can to to downgrade so that I can install a custom ROM. Obviously the official upgrade tool won't let me do it...

Why? You should still be able to flash a custom rom. No reason you'd need to flash one before upping to DG21.

Samsung Omnia II SCH-i920 with AMDZero's DG21 ZeroSense ROM

Conquistador414

Conquistador414

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Why? You should still be able to flash a custom rom. No reason you'd need to flash one before upping to DG21.

From what I read in the beginning of this thread, flashing to the newest official release prevents you from flashing a custom ROM. I upgraded to the latest DG21 official ROM. That's why I'd need to downgrade.

Conquistador414

Conquistador414

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

From what I read in the beginning of this thread, flashing to the newest official release prevents you from flashing a custom ROM. I upgraded to the latest DG21 official ROM. That's why I'd need to downgrade.

amdzero

amdzero

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

Upgrading or downgrading will not have any effect on using a custom rom.

I was wrong, you can install a custom rom before or after.

Conquistador414

Conquistador414

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Upgrading or downgrading will not have any effect on using a custom rom.

I was wrong, you can install a custom rom before or after.

I thought that there was supposedly something in the 1.0.2.3 release that prevented you from flashing any other ROMs after it. Is that not the case? Just wanna make sure before I try it. Thanks.

amdzero

amdzero

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

I thought that there was supposedly something in the 1.0.2.3 release that prevented you from flashing any other ROMs after it. Is that not the case? Just wanna make sure before I try it. Thanks.

That is not the case, I had a series of roms that was broke, and I attributed it to the 1.0.2.3 upgrade. The upgrade changes nothing in the pda, only stuff in the CSC portion of the rom, so FLASH AWAY!

Conquistador414

Conquistador414

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

That is not the case, I had a series of roms that was broke, and I attributed it to the 1.0.2.3 upgrade. The upgrade changes nothing in the pda, only stuff in the CSC portion of the rom, so FLASH AWAY!

Sweet! I've been wanting to flash but I was worried that I screwed up my chances after I upgraded. I can't wait to get rid of all the Verizon crapola. Thanks. I'll have to try a few out to see what works for me. One question: has anyone noticed a reduction in 3g speed after upgrading to DG21? I may just be imagining things...

mdkpnj

mdkpnj

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • Devices:Omnia I920
I'm not sure this is exactly the right topic to ask this in but,...
I am running AMD's first DG21 Sense ROM. I'd like to run this one, but until the email problem and blank notification windows; I just can't. This rom is good, big, but good. The only oddity is the Sense Weather usually does not pickup the exact location. It doesn't give the city, but the state. Is there a way o fix that. Every other Sense ROM, the MyLocation always gave the city I was in.

AMD, Can't wait for an update to the Ultralite with Sense. And despite the Fascinate, your work for the i920's is amazing and greatly appreciate by allot of us.

bunghol101

bunghol101

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Devices:i920
Liking the rom! is there any way to put back in the confirmation to shut down the phone after holding down the power button? im finding it turns off a lot in my pocket :D

amdzero

amdzero

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

Liking the rom! is there any way to put back in the confirmation to shut down the phone after holding down the power button? im finding it turns off a lot in my pocket :D

Try this:
Attached File  AMDZero_Confirm_Shutdown_dll.cab   37.79KB   18 downloads

bunghol101

bunghol101

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Devices:i920

Try this:
Attached File  AMDZero_Confirm_Shutdown_dll.cab   37.79KB   18 downloads

Thanks!!! :D

DaBlakKnite

DaBlakKnite

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Devices:700w, i730, Omnia
amdzero. I just wanted to say that I've been using the Lite ROM since you rolled it out in November. It has been a solid performer. Absolutely no problems at all. Great work!

amdzero

amdzero

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

amdzero. I just wanted to say that I've been using the Lite ROM since you rolled it out in November. It has been a solid performer. Absolutely no problems at all. Great work!

Thanks!

profeicy

profeicy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:samsung omnia i910
I HAVE A QUESTION.. I LVE THIS COOKED ROM AND IT WORKS DAMN GOOD. AS A MATTER OF FACT THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE ORGNAL ROM FLASH ON THE DEVICE FROM THE RELEASE DATE. I DO HAVE ONE QUESTION IM GEETING AN ERROR WHEN I TRY TO TOUCH MY CALENDER ON THE FRONT PAGE. ITS STATING THAT THE SHORTCUT CANT BE ACESSED AND THAT ITS MISSING. IVE TRIED TO REFLASH THE SOFTWARE HARD RESET MY DEVICE AND STILL NOTHING ANY FEEDBACK BECAUSE IM STUMPED??? :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users