Photo

[ROMs]AMDZero Omnia 2 (i920 only) (DG21)

* * * * * 4 votes

• Please log in to reply
760 replies to this topic

amdzero

amdzero

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts
  • Devices:i920 Omnia 2

I HAVE A QUESTION.. I LVE THIS COOKED ROM AND IT WORKS DAMN GOOD. AS A MATTER OF FACT THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE ORGNAL ROM FLASH ON THE DEVICE FROM THE RELEASE DATE. I DO HAVE ONE QUESTION IM GEETING AN ERROR WHEN I TRY TO TOUCH MY CALENDER ON THE FRONT PAGE. ITS STATING THAT THE SHORTCUT CANT BE ACESSED AND THAT ITS MISSING. IVE TRIED TO REFLASH THE SOFTWARE HARD RESET MY DEVICE AND STILL NOTHING ANY FEEDBACK BECAUSE IM STUMPED??? :)

Its been a while, lemme flash it and take a look. I'm trying a few things with sense, but I've been pretty busy with work as of late.

Also, stop yelling plz.

Quincey

Quincey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Samsung i920

I HAVE A QUESTION.. I LVE THIS COOKED ROM AND IT WORKS DAMN GOOD. AS A MATTER OF FACT THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE ORGNAL ROM FLASH ON THE DEVICE FROM THE RELEASE DATE. I DO HAVE ONE QUESTION IM GEETING AN ERROR WHEN I TRY TO TOUCH MY CALENDER ON THE FRONT PAGE. ITS STATING THAT THE SHORTCUT CANT BE ACESSED AND THAT ITS MISSING. IVE TRIED TO REFLASH THE SOFTWARE HARD RESET MY DEVICE AND STILL NOTHING ANY FEEDBACK BECAUSE IM STUMPED??? :)

try this...
just extract this inside the Windows folder of your phone then the touch calendar will run fine now~

Attached Files

amdzero

amdzero

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

Its been a while, lemme flash it and take a look. I'm trying a few things with sense, but I've been pretty busy with work as of late.

Also, stop yelling plz.

well unless you can provide a screenshot I don't know whats wrong. I re-flashed this rom, clicked on calendar on the home page of sense, entered an appointment and it took just fine. I even clicked on the calendar in the start menu and it also works with the test appointment. Not sure what exactly is broken as I cannot reproduce your problem.

profeicy

profeicy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:samsung omnia i910

well unless you can provide a screenshot I don't know whats wrong. I re-flashed this rom, clicked on calendar on the home page of sense, entered an appointment and it took just fine. I even clicked on the calendar in the start menu and it also works with the test appointment. Not sure what exactly is broken as I cannot reproduce your problem.

:) :) :) thanks a bunch!!! that worked out PERFECT :P ;) this weekend you'll have beers on me.

Thanks again

JeremyGNJ

JeremyGNJ

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Devices:Omnia II
2 Stupid Questions

I just installed ZeroSense ROM after trying out couple other cooks' roms, but this seems best. (my first time even trying sense) However, one of the other ROMS had a bunch of additional options when setting a button in the Sense UI. The screen says "Add Quick Link" and on AMD's ZeroSense rom, all I get is Program, Contact and Bookmark....but on another rom (I forget which) it had Toggle-Buttons, Status Icons, etc.

Am I missing somethign obvious?

Also, is there any way to change the Swype keyboard back to a default?

amdzero

amdzero

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

2 Stupid Questions

I just installed ZeroSense ROM after trying out couple other cooks' roms, but this seems best. (my first time even trying sense) However, one of the other ROMS had a bunch of additional options when setting a button in the Sense UI. The screen says "Add Quick Link" and on AMD's ZeroSense rom, all I get is Program, Contact and Bookmark....but on another rom (I forget which) it had Toggle-Buttons, Status Icons, etc.

Am I missing somethign obvious?
Also, is there any way to change the Swype keyboard back to a default?

The other rom probably had Co0kie Home Tab installed. You can find it over at XDA. I didn't put it in, as it takes up more ram, and slows down sense (only slightly).

Do you have another keyboard as the default and want swype back to default?

JeremyGNJ

JeremyGNJ

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Devices:Omnia II

The other rom probably had Co0kie Home Tab installed. You can find it over at XDA. I didn't put it in, as it takes up more ram, and slows down sense (only slightly).

Do you have another keyboard as the default and want swype back to default?

The screen shot for your ZeroBase rom, shows notifiers of missed calls etc. is that part of cookie home tab? That's what I'm talking about.

As for swype, it looks much different than the swype I used to have. (been using ZeroStock for a long time) Just wondering if I can change the look of the keyboard.

Also, since this is the first time I'm trying out Sense, it seems like its pretty slow to me. Is that just how it is?

tampora

tampora

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
AMD do you by chance have a cab for that version of Youtube that you have installed on Zerosense? Its really nice, the only one I can find seems to look much older. I was hoping to put it on your lite roms, if it will work.

amdzero

amdzero

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

AMD do you by chance have a cab for that version of Youtube that you have installed on Zerosense? Its really nice, the only one I can find seems to look much older. I was hoping to put it on your lite roms, if it will work.

I don't have a cab, I have an OEM package. I'm not sure cabbing it will work as it uses part of the HTC framework that is Sense UI.

tampora

tampora

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Ok, good to know. I do have a cab for an older HTC framework 2016 i think, you think installing that would allow it to function properly?

amdzero

amdzero

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

Ok, good to know. I do have a cab for an older HTC framework 2016 i think, you think installing that would allow it to function properly?

Okay so its not perfect but it does work. I tried several times to create a cab you could install, but for some reason it won't install with the dlls. So I made a cab without dlls and added them in the zip file

Open the README.txt in the zip for instructions.

Attached File  AMDZero_LEO_20181424_YouTube.zip   1.48MB   13 downloads

Its easy to cook in, but installing after cook is a bit tricky. Let me know if this works, and if it doesn't we can try something else.

tampora

tampora

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Thanks, It seemed to install and load perfectly. Unfortunately no matter what I try I get the message 'video cannot be played' message. I put the old one back on and that works as expected. It was worth a try, thanks for your time.

Edited by tampora, 06 May 2011 - 07:42 PM.

amdzero

amdzero

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

Thanks, It seemed to install and load perfectly. Unfortunately no matter what I try I get the message 'video cannot be played' message. I put the old one back on and that works as expected. It was worth a try, thanks for your time.

I'm not sure what its asking for, as it loads fine, just doesn't play the actual file. I've tired several dlls from the Sense LEO package I used, but I fear it is trying to remotely call the Album app to play the actual file. Either way without spending a tremendous amount of time on this, I'd say for get it.

tampora

tampora

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Yeah it's no big deal, I did notice that nice looking version didn't appear to let me log in with my Youtube account either; so the old version will have to do. I appreciate your effort, was worth a shot!

gaamain

gaamain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:Omnia 910
AMDZero,

First, I'd like to say that I really appreciate all of the time you spent creating these ROMS. I have tried many by other chefs and yours are the most polished. I am currently running an i920 with your ZeroLite-DG21v1_2 ROM. I loaded MobileSense 3.5.3.201002006 on top and it runs very nicely. Not to show any disrespect, but is there a way (registry hack, etc.) to remove/hide the AMDZero splash screen at startup?

Thanks,
gaamain

pondd

pondd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Devices:Omnia I920

AMDZero,

First, I'd like to say that I really appreciate all of the time you spent creating these ROMS. I have tried many by other chefs and yours are the most polished. I am currently running an i920 with your ZeroLite-DG21v1_2 ROM. I loaded MobileSense 3.5.3.201002006 on top and it runs very nicely. Not to show any disrespect, but is there a way (registry hack, etc.) to remove/hide the AMDZero splash screen at startup?

Thanks,
gaamain

The easiest way is to replace welcomehead.192.png in your windows folder. I don't mean any respect either AMD, just helping someone out. ;) Just make sure you have the correct size of your .png file. 480 x 800 pixels. You the man AMD! :P

gaamain

gaamain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:Omnia 910

The easiest way is to replace welcomehead.192.png in your windows folder. I don't mean any respect either AMD, just helping someone out. ;) Just make sure you have the correct size of your .png file. 480 x 800 pixels. You the man AMD! :P

Doesn't work. Windows folder is on ROM so no changing files there. Easier to use a registry editor to find the two keys with welcomehead.192.png in them and change them to welcomehead.192.2.png.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction though.

gaamain

Edited by gaamain, 11 June 2011 - 03:03 AM.

repilce

repilce

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Devices:i920 02
Using the ZeroSense Rom (love it btw, not too slow for all the candy) but touchplayer seems to be wigging out on me.. playing crap like the FF button is pressed with garbled sound. any suggestions?

amdzero

amdzero

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

Using the ZeroSense Rom (love it btw, not too slow for all the candy) but touchplayer seems to be wigging out on me.. playing crap like the FF button is pressed with garbled sound. any suggestions?

I could suggest using the original touchplayer (the one for i920, not i8000). try that and let me know.

Felbdogg

Felbdogg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Devices:Omnia i920
Great Work

Edited by Felbdogg, 03 November 2011 - 04:56 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users