Unrevoked 3

Guest Asselberghs

Guest Asselberghs

Hi Guys:)

I´ve got a m8 coming over tomorrow, he´s gotten the HTC Desire on my recommendation.

He has, like me, found it frustrating that theres no Paid Apps in Denmark where we live so he is considering Rooting his phone, and if he chooses to ofcourse I am going to help him.

Now when I rooted my at the time original Android 2.1 RUU from HTC (my danish operator is 3 so it might be thier RUU I dunno but it dosen´t matter)

I used Unrevoked, it was fast, brilliant, it worked and it felt safe.

So that is ofcourse what I was planning to do to his phone, trouble is I seem to have deleted unrevoked properly thinking oh well thats done, I´ve no further use for it.

So I was wondering has anyone got the exe file for Unrevoked 3 laying around for the Desire and can maybe upload it for me so I´ll be able to download it, from an ftp, rapidshare, webhost or whatever? Since it´s a free download I presume this is not violating anything to do so.

I hope you can help me out with this little problem.

Thanks in advance:)

Kind Regards

Asselberghs

Guest The Virus 2013

You're a lucky man, I've not deleted it ;-)

I'm uploading it right now to Megaupload, I'll post the link when it's done.

Please just let me know when you've finished to download, so I can remove the file...

Edit : Here you are ! http://www.megaupload.com/?d=M3PFINGG

Edit 2 : File removed...

Edited by The Virus 2013

Guest Asselberghs

Please just let me know when you're finished the download, so I can remove the file...

Fantastic Virus:D thank you so much:D and yes ofcourse I will imidiately after download:)

Thanks dude:)

3.1.4 works fine for the Desire - 3.2.x will be out soon for FroYo Desires (I got the now taken down version and it works fine - it was taken down due to some users finding bugs)

Guest Asselberghs

Please just let me know when you've finished to download, so I can remove the file...

Edit : Here you are ! http://www.megaupload.com/?d=M3PFINGG

Done downloading thx:) hmm it gotta be it, even though the logo is Evo, I presume all the unrevoked hacks looks the same no matter the phone it´s handeling

Guest The Virus 2013
Done downloading thx:) hmm it gotta be it, even though the logo is Evo, I presume all the unrevoked hacks looks the same no matter the phone it´s handeling

I've downloaded it and using it on my desire, don't worry :P

Guest Asselberghs
3.1.4 works fine for the Desire - 3.2.x will be out soon for FroYo Desires (I got the now taken down version and it works fine - it was taken down due to some users finding bugs)

Yea I know they are putting it up again soon m8, I just needed it by tomorrow and I woulden´t count on the Unrevoked team being that fast. But now it´s securely on my harddrive neat:D

Guest Asselberghs

I could ofcourse have used Pauls manual method, but since I diden´t dare do that on my own phone for fear that I might make a mistake or not be technical enough of something I woulden´t dare do that to my m8s phone in case I did something wrong. Unrevoked I´ve used before and know it will do the trick without any risk as far as I know of. As has been said, it works like a charm.

Guest The Virus 2013
I could ofcourse have used Pauls manual method, but since I diden´t dare do that on my own phone for fear that I might make a mistake or not be technical enough of something I woulden´t dare do that to my m8s phone in case I did something wrong. Unrevoked I´ve used before and know it will do the trick without any risk as far as I know of. As has been said, it works like a charm.

Pay just attention if it's a LCD screen, I know there is some issues with it.

And if it's a 0.92 boot, I've used this method on mine :

http://www.android-tutorials.org/dev/?page_id=78

Guest Asselberghs
Pay just attention if it's a LCD screen, I know there is some issues with it.

And if it's a 0.92 boot, I've used this method on mine :

http://www.android-tutorials.org/dev/?page_id=78

Thanks m8:) Well I know theres two screen types is that a problem? is it easy to tell the screen types apart? I don´t think I´ve ever seen the other type or else not known about it.

Guest The Virus 2013
Thanks m8:) Well I know theres two screen types is that a problem? is it easy to tell the screen types apart? I don´t think I´ve ever seen the other type or else not known about it.

I have an AMOLED, so I don't really know a lot about the SLCD version but I've read that when you root a SLCD version, you have a black screen for a while, and are forced to do everything without your eyes... lol ;-)

Anyway, it seems that the future version of Unrevoked will root everything, SLCD, AMOLED, hboot of all version, etc...

Guest Asselberghs
I have an AMOLED, so I don't really know a lot about the SLCD version but I've read that when you root a SLCD version, you have a black screen for a while, and are forced to do everything without your eyes... lol ;-)

Anyway, it seems that the future version of Unrevoked will root everything, SLCD, AMOLED, hboot of all version, etc...

Can the screen type maybe be seen in the manual or something how would I determine if it´s AMOLED like mine (original HTC Desire) or SLCD?

Guest Asselberghs

Okay I had hoped to find an app or something to tell me what type of display it was. But ofc. such info can´t be pull out of the phone aparently (guess it makes sense I woulden´t expect a PC to indentify what brand or type my monitor is, CRT or TFT.)

He tossed the box obviously.

Since his phone already is setup and such what exactly is it I have to do being "blind" and when will it dissapear and go back to normal?

If I recall correctly Unrevoked does it all and then just restart the phone.

But since he´s already set it up, like I had at the time, it should just go back to the enter pin to access phone and then he should be running right?

The blackout of the screen is not permanent is it?

Guest The Virus 2013

I really can't help you more, since I never had a SLCD version in hands... I think, since Unrevoked said it work for every devices, it should work ! But I cannot be sure of that.

Guest Asselberghs
I really can't help you more, since I never had a SLCD version in hands... I think, since Unrevoked said it work for every devices, it should work ! But I cannot be sure of that.

Alright thanks m8:)

Guest The Virus 2013

I perhaps found something for you, but I'm a n00b to this scene, so don't trust me at 100% ! :P

I found Universal Androot can do a Soft Root on the Desire. Normally, on other devices, it simply root the phone one time and it's done ! For the Desire, since /system is not writable, it can root it also but when you reboot, you have to redo it. But, I had an Idea...

If you "soft root" the Desire, then you install Rom Manager, then you flash Recovery to ClockWorkMod, you didn't touch the system for the moment right ? So you'll probably not have the screen problem ? After that's done, you can with Rom Manager flash the right Rom for the SLCD screen...

Perhaps I'm really wrong, not sure, but a good start for searching a simple solution.

You can find Universal Androot here :

http://blog.23corner.com/

I think the easiest method for SLCD users to root is to do the following:

• Setup Unrevoked to flash the SLCD compatible version of ClockworkMOD Recovery (is there a .img version of this recovery somewhere?)
  • Plug in phone and allow Unrevoked to do its thing, you keep the HBOOT for SLCD and have a compatible recovery too.

Of course, when I say plug in phone and allow Unrevoked to do its thing, that does mean ensuring HBOOT drivers are installed and HTC Sync is uninstalled.

Guest The Virus 2013
I think the easiest method for SLCD users to root is to do the following:
  • Setup Unrevoked to flash the SLCD compatible version of ClockworkMOD Recovery (is there a .img version of this recovery somewhere?)
  • Plug in phone and allow Unrevoked to do its thing, you keep the HBOOT for SLCD and have a compatible recovery too.

Of course, when I say plug in phone and allow Unrevoked to do its thing, that does mean ensuring HBOOT drivers are installed and HTC Sync is uninstalled.

You're probably right, I've seen something similar on Internet...

Guest Asselberghs

Just found out my friend bought his phone in a time in between my purchase of the phone (release date) and the introduction of SLCD so his display is AMOLED like mine, and theres no problem there, Pheww. Thanks for your help guys:)