How to fix duplicate contacts?

Guest kibcom

The newly released version of DELL PC Sync is working with 2.1 ok. Unfortunately it has resulted in all my Outlook contacts already on the Streak being duplicated.

Is there a way to remove duplicates? There is a free utility called 'Dupededupe' but I think it is only for Windows Mobile.

Alternatively, is there a way to delete all contacts on the Streak so I can start again? Help and advice appreciated.

Guest GriZlore

delete all contacts from your phone

sync again ensuring that the Sync setting say that Outlook is the master

then in the further, set it so it used the latest amended ones

that should fix it easily

delete all contacts from your phone

sync again ensuring that the Sync setting say that Outlook is the master

then in the further, set it so it used the latest amended ones

that should fix it easily

Unfortunately I have over 1000 contacts (over 2000 when duplicated) so deleting them individually is not an option.

Fortunately, I found a free app in Android market called 'Delete Contacts' which successfully deleted all the duplicates to leave me with the original 1000.

I have since used PC Suite to synchronise with Outlook successfully and without recreating unwanted duplicates. I'd still like to know why duplicates were created when first synchronising with the new PC Suite software. Seems others have had that happen too.

• 5 months later...
Guest ZTE_Blade

Are you tired of constantly deleting identical numbers on your Android phone by manually searching each number and deleting it? The reason for duplicate contacts is that you’re synced with Gmail and other services. Contact Analyzer for Android helps to analyze contacts and then optimize them accordingly by deleting or merging identical numbers, emails, IMs, and postal addresses.

Once all your contacts appear on the main screen, they can be expanded by tapping on the name, displaying both the information and the location where they are saved. To get a complete review of each contact, select Information from the Menu. A list will appear on your screen showing you the number of contacts, phone numbers, emails, Instant messaging contacts, and postal addresses.

Search on market

Contact Analyzer for Android 1.x

Contact Analyzer 2 for Android 2.x

:(