[ROM] FLB-Mod 2 (Based on Android 2.2 Froyo) TESTING

Guest Simon O

Development of this has ended. Development has moved to the Cyanogenmod 6 port

flbmod2.png

Disclaimer: This Froyo port is not yet complete and there are many non functioning components. By running this ROM on your device you should be aware that you may experience loss of functionality compared to previous ROMs as well as possible side effects which could result in a loss of DATA. The developers of the Froyo port are in no way responsible for any damage, loss of service, or any other issues affecting your device. Download at your own risk and please do not contact the developers directly for support. All discussion of the ROM along with questions should be made in the Android 2.2 Discussion Thread.

With thanks to Tom G for the Froyo source project and all the hard work done on bringing Froyo to the Pulse.

This ROM has been built to enable wider testing and feedback from the U8220/Pulse community.

The following are NOT working. Please do not contact us regarding these unless you have some information which could help resolve the issue. Asking us if we've tried this, or tried that is not useful information that could help us, so please don't post these kind of messages.

Camera does not work at all

Froyo A2SD - this also prevents any applications that support A2SD from installing on the device.

Froyo USB & WiFi Tethering

Video playback does not work in any application

Graphical glitches in Gallery caused by same bug affecting video playback

GPS causes the phone to reboot if you disable GPS and enable it again.

Unable to manually select a mobile operator

WiFi does not use the real MAC address.

Screen rotation can sometimes stop working.

All other parts of the ROM are working to our knowledge. This includes SMS, making and receiving calls, 3G/2G data transfer, WiFi, Bluetooth, rotation, GPS, compass, SD card.

post-697226-1284523910_thumb.png post-697226-1284523915_thumb.png post-697226-1284523919_thumb.png

Edited by flibblesan

v2.0 alpha 3 - 15th September 2010 Latest Release

Features:

- Build FRF91 compiled from the Pulse Froyo repo (with thanks to Tom G)

- 2.6.29 kernel compiled from the Huawei/T-Mobile UK source code

- Swap support added to the kernel. Enabled on boot by A2SD

- Darktremor A2SD 2.7.5 rc3 added to the ROM and enabled on boot.

- Correct market fingerprint. Protected apps showing in the Android Market (optional)

- Completely stock Android experience - the way it should be

Installation Instructions:

Backup your current ROM then copy it to your computer. Wipe your phone fully after.

Download the ROM and the optional Google Apps if required. Flash the ROM first using Clockworkmod Recovery, followed by the Google Apps. Please allow several minutes during the first boot for the phone to set itself up. After a reboot it'll run optimally.

If you have any issues with swap then you can disable this by opening the terminal and typing su then pressing return, then typing a2sd noswap pressing return after.

Download: flbmod_v2.0alpha3.zip Mirror (45.9 MB) MD5 888E3CF1DD821706E9997BF6196D2CD9

Download: Optional Google Apps (download tiny MDPI version only)

Any issues should be reported in the Android 2.2 Discussion Thread or on the Pulse github account.

Edited by flibblesan

Guest MarcusHenrique

Just because I've struggled to get all the fixes working after flashing the 2.2 images, Flibble decides to release the first FLB 2 now :lol:

Whatever, I'm flashing this \o/

EDIT: Fibble, the zip file is corrupted.

Edited by MarcusHenrique

Just because I've struggled to get all the fixes working after flashing the 2.2 images, Flibble decides to release the first FLB 2 now :lol:

Whatever, I'm flashing this \o/

EDIT: Fibble, the zip file is corrupted.

Thanks for that. I'll re-upload it.

The zip has been re-uploaded.

pandinusimp: Yes, you can go back to Android 2.1 at any time. I would really advise you to make a nandroid backup from recovery though. Like I wrote at the top this is a work in progress and some of the features you need may not be available. No camera is the biggest issue for most people, with no video playback second.

Guest pandinusimp
Yep the older A2SD method works fine. :lol:

Thanks! I thought 2.1 would be the end! You are making Froyo on our Pulse possible.

No it's time to go go to bed. :) My nightshift is over.

Edited by pandinusimp

Thanks! I thought 2.1 would be the end! You are making Froyo on our Pulse possible.

No it's time to go go to bed. :) My nightshift is over.

It's not me, it's Tom G bringing us Froyo. All his hard work made it possible :lol:

which rom i must have to my pulse first to update to flb 2.2?

official rom or flb 1.5 ?

then i install the 2.2 with custom recovery?

thanks

ps:if i want to install from flb 1.5 to 1.6 i have to go back to official 2.1 and then with recovery to 1.6?

thanks

which rom i must have to my pulse first to update to flb 2.2?

official rom or flb 1.5 ?

then i install the 2.2 with custom recovery?

thanks

ps:if i want to install from flb 1.5 to 1.6 i have to go back to official 2.1 and then with recovery to 1.6?

thanks

If you've updated your device with an official 2.1 ROM so you can use FLB 1.5, then you can use Froyo. If you want to go back to 2.1 then you can just flash a rom using recovery. You do not have to go back to official 2.1 then custom rom.

Big help please. If anybody is using the A2SD swap could you please do the following in the terminal:

cat /proc/sys/vm/swappiness

and tell me the output number. I'm trying to find out exactly what A2SD sets this to, or if Android randomly sets this. It'll help me with a fix I've got an idea for. Thanks :lol:

It is 60, and it should be, this is the default value for Linux 2.6.x kernels. A2sd doesnt modify this value.

It is 60, and it should be, this is the default value for Linux 2.6.x kernels. A2sd doesnt modify this value.

Hmmm. so many guides about swap on Android suggest swappiness figures of 10 or 15. It might be set too high for us.

Hmmm. so many guides about swap on Android suggest swappiness figures of 10 or 15. It might be set too high for us.

I share your opinion, however my phone ran 12 hours for me with 128 MB swap and this swappiness I guess 10 or 15 would be an optimal value.

I installed flb2.0, it was fine, but when installing gapps, it failed with wrong digest for OneTimeInitializer.apk.

Flashed other gapps, it works fine.

No market issue.

If you've updated your device with an official 2.1 ROM so you can use FLB 1.5, then you can use Froyo. If you want to go back to 2.1 then you can just flash a rom using recovery. You do not have to go back to official 2.1 then custom rom.

Thank you for your reply,

but first i have to put official rom 2.1 then i have to put flb 1.5 and then 2.2? or from official 2.1 i put flb 2.2?

sorry but i am new to android ...........

thanks again