Possible fix for jerky display and some speed increases

Guest Stephen Hyde

One or more of the changes seem to have broken video playback on mine, youtube video's are in black and white and also suffering from tearing.

Anybody else noticed this ?

Guest prawnballs
One or more of the changes seem to have broken video playback on mine, youtube video's are in black and white and also suffering from tearing.

I hadn't noticed until I just tried Youtube.. damn.

Guest User Error

youtube fine on mine...

*edit: it should be noted that my lcd settings are 160. everything was fine for me at that setting so i changed it before installing the build prop.

Edited by User Error

Just put the original build.prop file back and youtube went back to normal. I have edited the original build.prop since and just changed debug.sf.hw=0 to 1 and rebooted. Youtube still fine and also menu's back to super smooth.

Might try the changes one by one and see if I can find the culprit.

Should add my lcd is set to 160 and I also have sysctl.conf settings changed.

Edited by andycap

Guest prawnballs
Just put the original build.prop file back and youtube went back to normal. I have edited the original build.prop since and just changed debug.sf.hw=0 to 1 and rebooted. Youtube still fine and also menu's back to super smooth.

Might try the changes one by one and see if I can find the culprit.

Should add my lcd is set to 160 and I also have sysctl.conf settings changed.

I also put original build.prop back on and Youtube worked fine.. gone back to the amended build.prop but change the two references to HDMI out back to '1' - copied this back over and Youtube is working fine.

*edit* just to add I too have edited the Sysctl and my lcd density is set to 160

Edited by prawnballs

Guest andycqos

Havent tried youtube, but my camera has gone black and white. The pictures it takes are colour, but the screen is black and white when shooting.

Ive got LCD density at 140 and the sysctl changes

Guest sukh singh
try pressing menu it should show a menu accross bottom instead of side

root explorer, change to Mount R/W at top, then to /system and replace the build.prop contents with the new file. Working great in combination with fards' sysctl! So far 2 hrs of using streak since charge, still at 99%!!

Still nothing:S and pressing menu on home screen still brings it up in the side:S

Guest flapheadx
Havent tried youtube, but my camera has gone black and white. The pictures it takes are colour, but the screen is black and white when shooting.

Ive got LCD density at 140 and the sysctl changes

Got that as well on 140. I've tried 120 & 160, both are fine, but on 140 the cam preview is B/W. Is there a way to control menues and icon size seperately? I love the smaller menues at 120, however the icon and widget size is way too small. Could that be adjusted individually?

Guest MrPokeylope

The youtube tearing and black and whiteness is caused by the sysctl.conf file. I didnt make mine permanent, and the problem ceased when i restarted.

Change to my live wallpapers and their impact on battery life is staggering. Been hours watching richard dawkins docs and reading his articles on here and its barely made a dent. (All this pope hysteria today REALLY got to me. Feeling very anti religion and anti astrology now lol)

I have to agree with mrpokeylope. I have removed the sysctl.conf entries and put back the build.prop from the first post with just the LCD changed to 160 and YouTube is fine now. Will test more tomorrow.

I have the b/w Youtube and camera issues as well, as well as another. I've lost some menu options in Touchdown, including the ability to create a new message. The only thing I can do on the email screen is Refresh, or I can use the magnifying glass icon to search. That's a deal breaker I'm afraid.

Guest gingernator
Got that as well on 140. I've tried 120 & 160, both are fine, but on 140 the cam preview is B/W. Is there a way to control menues and icon size seperately? I love the smaller menues at 120, however the icon and widget size is way too small. Could that be adjusted individually?

I have the same thing on 140 and I haven't implemented fards changes.

Guest parks387
Still nothing:S and pressing menu on home screen still brings it up in the side:S

what is it your getting stuck on?

-dl the new build.prop file onto your streak and save it to your sd card.

-go to root explorer and find "sdcard" folder

-find the new build.prop and long press, then copy

-tap back button, then go in "system" folder

-tap "Mount RW" at the top

-when in "system" folder, tap paste from menu

it should go in as copy.build.prop. at that point long press the original and you can either delete it and then rename the new one to "build.prop" or to be save just paste that back onto your sdcard. after that, you should have it. reboot and your set.

Guest gingernator

I'm on the beta 2.1 and with a 140 LCD density and the market and browser search bars are shortened, is this normal? I don't seem to get it on my 2.2 Hero when I put the density down to 140

Edited by gingernator

Guest sukh singh

Thanks for the help...it ended up bricking my streak lol it kept freezing as soon as it booted. Had to write a update.pkg to sd card and update through that..now I did same thing and it works...odd

Guest jnovello
I have the b/w Youtube and camera issues as well, as well as another. I've lost some menu options in Touchdown, including the ability to create a new message. The only thing I can do on the email screen is Refresh, or I can use the magnifying glass icon to search. That's a deal breaker I'm afraid.

At 160 and have black and white YouTube and Camera as well.....