New Firmware I9000JPH 2.2 ANDROID

Guest LycanX

Hi Guys,

I am really surprised that no one over here mentions about this firmware. maybe we all are part of XDA, but we have to make this forum as interesting and updated as possible.

I am just pointing towards the posts posted in XDA community. A very big thanks to all of them for making it available to us.

official thread at XDA: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=783403

Its better to read the entire instructions to avoid any issues later.

Instructions to download from kies (its slow but its easy) : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=8156558&postcount=206

Please post your comments and bugs after you have upgraded it.

Edited by LycanX

Hi Guys,

I am really surprised that no one over here mentions about this firmware. maybe we all are part of XDA, but we have to make this forum as interesting and updated as possible.

I am just pointing towards the posts posted in XDA community. A very big thanks to all of them for making it available to us.

official thread at XDA: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=783403

Its better to read the entire instructions to avoid any issues later.

Instructions to download from kies (its slow but its easy) : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=8156558&postcount=206

Please post your comments and bugs after you have upgraded it.

Yep, I noticed it yesterday on XDA. Opinions seem to be different, but I might still flash it tonight (using Odin, I've never used Kies). Looking forward to the final release next week!

Guest Andrew Luecke
Yep, I noticed it yesterday on XDA. Opinions seem to be different, but I might still flash it tonight (using Odin, I've never used Kies). Looking forward to the final release next week!

At this point of time, I have decided I wont be flashing. I'd rather wait for the official kies update, because whilst I really want Froyo, it can wait a fortnight. Isn't worth the risk of serious issues (such as messed up IMEI) or force closes to me.

At this point of time, I have decided I wont be flashing. I'd rather wait for the official kies update, because whilst I really want Froyo, it can wait a fortnight. Isn't worth the risk of serious issues (such as messed up IMEI) or force closes to me.

Got my phone last week and immediately flashed JPC on it. No problems whatsoever so far, except for World War not wanting to log in no more :)

Using Doc's Lite ROM atm, and will probably do so again when upgrading to JPH (unless Paul comes up with a ROM .. hint hint :lol: ).

Guest Andrew Luecke
Until I know the memory leak isn't happening I am staying away from this one.

Not in the mood for a factory reset every 48 hours.

What "memory leak" are you referring to?

Memory leaking seems to be a term thrown around by so many users, and in my experience most users who use the term don't actually understand the meaning of the word. Are you sure you do? You do realise that Android operates by only freeing memory when it's required right?

Memory leaking seems to be a term thrown around by so many users, and in my experience most users who use the term don't actually understand the meaning of the word. Are you sure you do? You do realise that Android operates by only freeing memory when it's required right?

hey i never knew this. if its true, does it mean we dont have to always kills the processes in the background?

yeah. the same problem were faced in JPC ROM, but for some users like me, it didnt change anything like IMEI, i understand that JIT is enabled in this one. i dont see any noticable difference between 2.1 and 2.2 apart from FLASH.

Just like recent unofficial updates, Music listening through earphones is great.

i guess what we really want is complete bug fixes (hope they do it)

After I flash it I have about 200mb free memory and it degrades through the day, until it goes to zero and then it does not even boot after battery removal, nothing helps but factory reset.

After I flash it I have about 200mb free memory and it degrades through the day, until it goes to zero and then it does not even boot after battery removal, nothing helps but factory reset.

Did you install the update to the TaskManager that's available on Samsung Apps? It always breaks my phone after a while (at least on XXJPC). I believe that it's not really compatible with the Froyo firmwares, so I stongly suggest not installing that.

Guest Andrew Luecke

I assume you are referring to RAM? That may be a problem with a specific application you have installed though (as not many people have said it happened to them). Because Android will auto kill apps after a certain minimum memory level has been met, and by the sounds of things, that isn't happening on yours

Did you install any memory management applications? Either way though, it wouldn't surprise me if it were leaking.. These froyo builds are betas, and anyone who actually uses their phone for normal usage shouldn't be installing beta firmware anyway.

The ROM flashed fine from JPC, no problems. Installed Doc's Mod afterwards, and didn't really see any difference in speed or functionality compared to JPC. Never had any problems with JPC, and so far also no FC's or any other weird stuff. Using the SGS to tether internet, so I really do need a good functioning mobile :)

Also installed RyanZA's OCLA and it does seem a bit snappier with that on. It also doubled the Quadrant score (from 972 I believe, to +/- 1800 now).

Will report if i run into any bugs :(

EDIT: I forgot to add that there were no APN settings present when I flashed Doc's ROM. Just added them to the settings and all was well. :lol:

Edited by irvine

Hey guys, there is a user at XDA claiming he can use Bluetooth HID devices with his GS on this firmware - anyone else able to confirm?

yes. its working. i am using my Dell bluetooth mouse and it works flawlessly. i am usig JPH

Guest NZtechfreak
hi man, sorry for replying late, its a Dell travel bluetooth mouse. here's the link,

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/product...mp;sku=310-9157

No worries man, I don't expect rapidfire replies to questions in forums, just glad to get a helpful answer.

Pleased to see it was that model, since thats the one I just purchased!

Will be nice when I want to browse but without the drawbacks of a small screen - BT keyboard and mouse with my Nokia TV-Out cable should make for a good experience...