My brand new HTC Bricksire

Guest orsonb

Hello all, I bought my Desire a month ago in England, second hand. Seemed like a good deal but now that I've foolishly tried to venture in the dark realms of flashing my desire is a paperweight.

What happened? I downloaded a normal looking rom (needless to say, don't put this on your phone), wanting to upgrade to froyo, then followed instructions. Nice and easy. But the setup wouldn't fully complete. I was in froyo heaven for 20 seconds though. I received a call, which got dropped instantly, and my phone rebooted. I rebooted it instantly, and got a process not working error. Countdown. Reboot eta 3 minutes. I try to connect it to my pc through usb, doesn't recognize as disk drive (and I know it's not the cable as I've used it before). Bluetooth doesn't work. SD card isn't recognized. Haven't got an adapter. No wifi. Is my phone only good for being a flashlight or is there hope?

Thanks in advance.

Hello all, I bought my Desire a month ago in England, second hand. Seemed like a good deal but now that I've foolishly tried to venture in the dark realms of flashing my desire is a paperweight.

What happened? I downloaded a normal looking rom (needless to say, don't put this on your phone), wanting to upgrade to froyo, then followed instructions. Nice and easy. But the setup wouldn't fully complete. I was in froyo heaven for 20 seconds though. I received a call, which got dropped instantly, and my phone rebooted. I rebooted it instantly, and got a process not working error. Countdown. Reboot eta 3 minutes. I try to connect it to my pc through usb, doesn't recognize as disk drive (and I know it's not the cable as I've used it before). Bluetooth doesn't work. SD card isn't recognized. Haven't got an adapter. No wifi. Is my phone only good for being a flashlight or is there hope?

Thanks in advance.

looks like you dis not update the radio

try doing unrevoked then get adfree membership if you havent done so then bake your rom besure to include the radio.

hope that help

peter

looks like you dis not update the radio

try doing unrevoked then get adfree membership if you havent done so then bake your rom besure to include the radio.

hope that help

peter

I tried unrevoked but it won't detect the phone. Thanks for the quick answer

What are those? :lol:

Also I'm on win 7 64

I had a similar problem. Unrevoked didn't detect my phone.

Use a live linux distro like Ubuntu and it will work fine. I guess that Win7x64 drivers are a little flaky.

I had a similar problem. Unrevoked didn't detect my phone.

Use a live linux distro like Ubuntu and it will work fine. I guess that Win7x64 drivers are a little flaky.

Thing is the computer detects the phone, even tries to download drivers for it. But i cant put it in disk drive mode. I could make the switch to linux but id like to solve this before monday

There's live linux CDs you can just download, burn, and run from your CD drive without ever installing anything. Just takes the time you need to DL, burn and reboot.

The Ubuntu install CD is one such example - it allows you to just boot a live version.

What are those? :lol:

Also I'm on win 7 64

better you read unrevoked wiki and follow instructions, before going in a "next next next next" adventure, as it seems you did, given you don't even know you had to install hboot drivers and let your phone been recognized as such device... go, read, apply...

Edited by mrshark

@ mrshark

Amen.

@ orsonb

Try this guide.

http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-desi...-80-eclair-2-1/

But as mrsherk said "go, read, apply"

Doug

Hey thanks man but this guide would require me to access my phone which I can't. Now I went through the trouble of partitioning my drives, downloading and installing ubuntu, to see if i would be able to at least see my phone recognized. It is recognized as an htc android phone but I can't open it whatsoever. Any thoughts?

Now I went through the trouble of partitioning my drives, downloading and installing ubuntu, to see if i would be able to at least see my phone recognized.
ou don't have to install it. You can just run a live session.

Did you try to use unrevoke in linux now? What was the result?

ou don't have to install it. You can just run a live session.

Did you try to use unrevoke in linux now? What was the result?

I've wanted to try it for a while now so I've installed it.. but now I find myself asking why would anyone inflict that upon themselves?

I'm not a coder or anything so it's a pain. I just tried unrevoked but it doesn't detect the phone.

Guest tatey2457
I've wanted to try it for a while now so I've installed it.. but now I find myself asking why would anyone inflict that upon themselves?

I'm not a coder or anything so it's a pain. I just tried unrevoked but it doesn't detect the phone.

might be a long shot but have a look at this... http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-desi...d-b0rked-fixed/

OP, some more information would be useful. Was the handset rooted when you bought it or did you do it yourself? Do you know what method was used? What method are you using to try and flash the ROM you downloaded. Do you have a custom recovery installed? etc. etc.

Edited by chipyy

Thanks all but it's still not working :/ just got a microsd/sd adapter, reckon it should work by loading an official 2.1update1 rom on my sd and recovering?

if so could anyone direct me to one as i can't find it

Seriously dude, answer some of the questions you've been asked and you might have more chance of someone being able to help. Do you have a custom recovery on your phone? What method did you use to flash the ROM that screwed everything up? The fix could be as simple as booting into that and flashing a new ROM, or even just radio, but we won't know unless you tell us. It's nearly impossible to brick a Desire, there's very little that can't be recovered from.

Edited by chipyy

Seriously dude, answer some of the questions you've been asked and you might have more chance of someone being able to help. Do you have a custom recovery on your phone? What method did you use to flash the ROM that screwed everything up? The fix could be as simple as booting into that and flashing a new ROM, or even just radio, but we won't know unless you tell us. It's nearly impossible to brick a Desire, there's very little that can't be recovered from.

I just put the zip file in my sd, renamed it update and run the recovery.

But its alright now, props to virus 2013. Only thing is my sim card isnt recognized. I rooted my phone with unrevoked, updated radio and installed cyanogenmod 6. Anything wrong?

Guest tatey2457
I just put the zip file in my sd, renamed it update and run the recovery.

But its alright now, props to virus 2013. Only thing is my sim card isnt recognized. I rooted my phone with unrevoked, updated radio and installed cyanogenmod 6. Anything wrong?

Was your phone a Orange handset by any chance? If so just downgrade the radio or buy an unlock code