Orange 2.2 ROM finally available

Guest EddyOS

Guest rowanparker

Now this is out (if it is) does that mean orange users will be able to make their phone look like it's still on orange or do you need something else in order to do that?

Now this is out (if it is) does that mean orange users will be able to make their phone look like it's still on orange or do you need something else in order to do that?

Only if the phone has an Orange CID, otherwise you get stock desire updates.

Guest smentalist
I wonder if new orange radio will solve my problems with loosing signal.

Never had that problem when on original orange Rom/radio.

Mines never been right since rooting it and changing radios. Data connection is very poor most the time even when it says i have H or 3G. Would like to try the official rom again or at least the radio.

Guest volatile_ink
Mines never been right since rooting it and changing radios. Data connection is very poor most the time even when it says i have H or 3G. Would like to try the official rom again or at least the radio.

+1 I used to get Edge or HSDPA connection with my Hero (rooted with MCR and latest radio). Now my desire is stuck on GPRS, can't even browse the market.

Tried every radio available.. Hopefully this new one will fix the problem. Don't fancy going back to a non-rooted OTA ROM. :lol:

Is this a problem with custom roms, radios or the desire itself... At the moment my old Hero is looking a lot more desirable. :)

Guest drchips42

Its moving all over the UK at the mo... as not every one is getting at the same time.

In wales.. have not got it .. how ever in hampshire and sussex they have ... apprentky it has al the updates as well that have been realsed ...so you will bang up to date .

Lets hope further updates work .

Guest drchips42

There are quite a few folk... ( see http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread...d=1#post8281319 )

I think it's just time.

Its not the fact that you cant put a new rom on etc.. it the fact that we dont want to , unless theer is no option... Orange UK users have waited very paitionly for this , and we will get it.. evan it if bricks our phones!!

Guest lnoormohamed
Only if the phone has an Orange CID, otherwise you get stock desire updates.

are you sure? because i've got an orange desire when i got it was bloated with orange crap......when i decoverd MoDaCo and rooted, installed MCR and ive been getting gneric software updates that do not install...... but i want to check out the orange version.... is it possible to do so?

Guest rowanparker
What bloat ware have they added? How could I install this if I want to send my Desire back for warranty repair?

Well I only provided the link as somebody said it was if i had an orange cid (which i do). I don't know if its the right update or not, I've no idea (i'm running mcr r8, don't wanna try).

Edit: Got link wrong before: http://liveimage.htc.com/OTA_Bravo_Froyo_O...pl5ki68q0eg.zip

Edited by rowanparker