Daskalos B7610 6.5.3 ROM Build 21679

Guest daskalos

Guest daskalos

Daskalos B7610 6.5.3 ROM Build 21679

Here is a new 6.5.3 ROM (Build 21679)

-This is a FULL ROM so all Samsung Apps are included

-Added some third party apps

-Added some Samsung Apps from I8000 JH2 Build

-include an additional Opera cab (cause I suspect the OEM Opera will not work because I replaced some files). If Opera does not work, just install the included cab.

Note that I cook this ROM blindly, and haven't tested it yet, so I can't assure that this is bug free :lol:

Download it here:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CUY93U6Q

Edited by daskalos

Guest daskalos
Looking forward to getting my hands on this.

Did you get a new phone, or are you building this blind..??

Let me know if you want a tester, happy to help out.

Dave

Blindly :lol:

Guest Kiwi Dave

Downloaded and installed.

working fine - are you suspected Opera isn't working, but I don't use this anyway.

No delay in ring - which is the main thing I look for in a ROM.

Very fast so far.

will provide another update after I've been using over the weekend.

Dave

Guest albireox

Thank you Daskalos, it's great that you're back. I installed it yesterday, so far I'm happy with it, it's pretty fast and stable. Also changing desktops in "Life Mode" is faster and the widgets are preloaded (no delay until they load on certain desktop) which is great.

Guest 761215145

Daskalos, really appreciate the time you dedicate to develop roms. I have tried several and as this is my first post so want to use it to give you some credits.

Also want to make the remark that I am both a newbie to the forum as to ROM development. Did some with my xperia, they seem stable. But my B7610 seems more sensible to the kind of roms installed.

Just installed above mentioned rom. Everything seems to go smooth. Have noted -so far- two minor issues:

1. When using the Samsung Widget screen between the taskbar (above the screen) and the wallpapers of the widget tabs there is still some background visible.

2. When changing to landscape mode the following happens:

- in widget mode I see 3 backgrounds (the one selected is not stretched).

- with quick panel (middle hardware button on telephone activated) it doesn't stretch to landscape mode.

I don't use the widget screen, and the quick panel but just wanted to make the remark.

If you need a newbie as tester for roms, please let me know.

Edited by 761215145

Guest daskalos
Daskalos, really appreciate the time you dedicate to develop roms. I have tried several and as this is my first post so want to use it to give you some credits.

Also want to make the remark that I am both a newbie to the forum as to ROM development. Did some with my xperia, they seem stable. But my B7610 seems more sensible to the kind of roms installed.

Just installed above mentioned rom. Everything seems to go smooth. Have noted -so far- two minor issues:

1. When using the Samsung Widget screen between the taskbar (above the screen) and the wallpapers of the widget tabs there is still some background visible.

2. When changing to landscape mode the following happens:

- in widget mode I see 3 backgrounds (the one selected is not stretched).

- with quick panel (middle hardware button on telephone activated) it doesn't stretch to landscape mode.

I don't use the widget screen, and the quick panel but just wanted to make the remark.

If you need a newbie as tester for roms, please let me know.

About Samsung Widgets in landscape mode, it is not fully compatible with landscape because the version I use came from i8000. (which has no landscape mode I think)

So why not use the one from B7610?

Because B7610 have no 6.5.3 update, so some Samsung Apps from B7610 like ,Samsung Widgets ,will have issues with screen alignment because they were written to fit the size of a 6.5 screen, which is a bit different with 6.5.3 ( because of the additions of buttons on the bottom bar and slight thinner upper bar on 6.5.3). Using B7610 Samsung widgets on 6.5.3 will result to some misalignment of the app in the screen.

Since i8000 have official 6.5.3 updates, Samsung application developers have implemented the correct alignment for 6.5.3

Until Samsung does not give an official 6.5.3 update for B7610 (and I think will never will) the only way to have a nice fitting Samsung Widgets is to use the one from i8000

Another way if someone will hack B7610 Samsung Widgets to correct the alignment :lol:

Guest 761215145
Until Samsung does not give an official 6.5.3 update for B7610 (and I think will never will) the only way to have a nice fitting Samsung Widgets is to use the one from i8000

Another way if someone will hack B7610 Samsung Widgets to correct the alignment :lol:

Hmm Samsung and SE share the same business approach, I guess. If you want software without the initial flaws.. spent another 500 EUR on the newer gadget. From their point of view can't blame them though.

Leave the widgets, I would already be happy if I did not get the 'no sim' sign, I suspect to come from low memory (and that's often enough).

I assume the double setup icon (and alarm clock icons) I encounter in the setup also have to do with trying to integrate 6.5.3 functionality? They are not an issue (though was shocked to wake up on an alarm which I thought I didn't activate :-).

And once you have another way of donating then through paypal, count me in!

Guest Kiwi Dave

Quick Update,

I've used this over the weekend without any issues at all. Haven't needed to restart, and the phone is still performing really well (no lag at all). Battery life has been good - not chewing through battery at all.

Only modifications I've made have been to install another keyboard (s*ype) and also change the lockscreen back to 6.1 (in the reg editor provided).

Overall a great ROM for those that are happy with the Samsung applications and don't want to invest a lot of time setting up CABs etc.

Dave

Guest viktoroprivatus

I think it is win 6.5.3 problem when sometimes you can’t find OK button. Maybe someone found solution?

About opera app, which was in rar – nice, but if you write www address – you don’t see anything, because there are white letters on the white background 

Guest daskalos
I think it is win 6.5.3 problem when sometimes you can’t find OK button. Maybe someone found solution?

About opera app, which was in rar – nice, but if you write www address – you don’t see anything, because there are white letters on the white background 

Ok button is located at one of the buttons on the bottom, sometimes if not present, button "Done" does the same job

About the white letters, just change the theme, the black theme cause the texts to be invisible (in opera and others)

Guest krscrest

I flashed Daskalos B7610 6.5.3 ROM Build 21679 just yesterday. I am unable to see the Recipients name in Outlook. Is there a fix for this.

Attached is the snapshot.

please assist.

post-652818-1285735163_thumb.jpg

Guest Kiwi Dave
I flashed Daskalos B7610 6.5.3 ROM Build 21679 just yesterday. I am unable to see the Recipients name in Outlook. Is there a fix for this.

Attached is the snapshot.

please assist.

Well spotted, I have the same issue. I'd never looked at the To: line, so wasn't aware of this.

it's a really weird issue, as sometimes my name is there, and other times it isn't. I think (and it's only a guess, will need to confirm) when I down email via being hard wired to the computer the To: line gets populated - but when I update email remotely the name isn't being populated (or at least not correctly)......

Dave

Guest Crissaegrim

Help please. Why is it that I only get half-screens whenever I flip out my keyboard? Is it only me or is this a general problem because I tried installing another daskalos FULL rom with the same problem.