- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Rednose01

Rednose01

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
As topic title. I can see where you can change the incoming calls ringtone for one of your own audio files, but sms just shows a list of default tones to pick from. Can not find an option for importing other sources and changing it to one of your own

Is this a really stupid nooob question? sorry if it is. Still finding my way around.

Thanks. Carl..

RottenFoxBreath

RottenFoxBreath

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

As topic title. I can see where you can change the incoming calls ringtone for one of your own audio files, but sms just shows a list of default tones to pick from. Can not find an option for importing other sources and changing it to one of your own

Is this a really stupid nooob question? sorry if it is. Still finding my way around.

Thanks. Carl..

Right, on the SD card, create a folder called "Media" - without the quotes obviously..lol
Then inside that "Media" folder, create folders called, "Notifications", "Ringtones", "Alarms". - again, without quotes.
Now, if you want to change your message tone, chuck your .mp3's in the "Notifications" folder, then open your message client(the little green icon on the home screen), press the menu touch sensitive button(lower left under the screen), select "Settings" then scroll down to Ringtones, and just change it there.

This can be done for main notifications, for emails, Calendar, messages, and you can put mp3's in the Ringtones folder and set them too, in the main phone settings screen, and you can change the tones for just about everything.

Posted Image

ijcy

ijcy

Regular

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Devices:LG gt540

Thanks. Carl..

You need to go to the messages then press left menu key under screen.
then settings, scroll down u will see notifications, and choose ringtone there.

RottenFoxBreath

RottenFoxBreath

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

You need to go to the messages then press left menu key under screen.
then settings, scroll down u will see notifications, and choose ringtone there.

That way, he will only get the standard ones...NOT ones he wants to add himself, or customised tones..:lol:

Read my post, that's how it's done.!!

Posted Image

he6rt6gr6m

he6rt6gr6m

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Devices:LG GT540
  • Twitter:@he6rt6gr6m

Right, on the SD card, create a folder called "Media" - without the quotes obviously..lol
Then inside that "Media" folder, create folders called, "Notifications", "Ringtones", "Alarms". - again, without quotes.
Now, if you want to change your message tone, chuck your .mp3's in the "Notifications" folder, then open your message client(the little green icon on the home screen), press the menu touch sensitive button(lower left under the screen), select "Settings" then scroll down to Ringtones, and just change it there.

This can be done for main notifications, for emails, Calendar, messages, and you can put mp3's in the Ringtones folder and set them too, in the main phone settings screen, and you can change the tones for just about everything.

B) Awesome. :lol:

Follow me on Twitter!

Usually tweet about Football (Soccer), Pro-Wrestling and, of course, my Android phone.

Rednose01

Rednose01

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Thanks, i wonder why they made this process so awkward.

i will try once i recover from my hangover.

Carl..

delboymel

delboymel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Thanks, i wonder why they made this process so awkward.

i will try once i recover from my hangover.

Carl..

sorry - wrong thread!! Doh!

Edited by delboymel, 13 October 2010 - 06:28 PM.

A complete noob re Android!!

felixbbb031

felixbbb031

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Devices:lg gt540

You are the King! Thanks man and gr.from Croatia :lol:

AndroidAkkiChan

AndroidAkkiChan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:GT540
@RottenFoxBreath: Thanks i was looking for this as well.
YOU ROCK!!!

Edited by AndroidAkkiChan, 25 January 2011 - 12:03 AM.

F4113n

F4113n

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:Swimming, cycling, Women, Computers, Mobile phones and Friends :)
  • Devices:LG Optimus 2X

@RottenFoxBreath: Thanks i was looking for this as well.
YOU ROCK!!!

Couldn't agreed more.
Thank you very much for this!

I have another Question about Optimus 2X if i can ask it in here :)
How i can change time for keylock? Or can i change it at all? :)
I don't like that phone get locked so fast.

Useful Sites:
GingerBread Gr2 Alpha for LGP990
LG phone Source codes
Optimus 2X XDA Main page

LG Optimus 2X (Star) (EU)
Rom: LGP990-V20L
Baseband: 1035_21_2011-07-25

JackG

JackG

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Devices:LG Optimus GT540 White

Couldn't agreed more.
Thank you very much for this!
I have another Question about Optimus 2X if i can ask it in here :)
How i can change time for keylock? Or can i change it at all? :)
I don't like that phone get locked so fast.

Go to 2x.modaco.com and ask there :)

liamwilli2

liamwilli2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Devices:LG GT540 Optimus

Thanks, my mum was getting pi**ed off because she couldn't change her messaging tone, and all the stock ones are to quiet!

IM ONLY ON XDA NOW! SORRY!

LG GT540 Optimus with CM 7 ASIS @ 825 Mhz

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users