[FRAMEWORK] Oxy Bubbles II - R9 based / smooth sense based

Guest FatherD

Ladies & Jellybeans ... well all the colours of jellybeans are in this one :lol:

... presenting

Oxy Bubbles II

Based on R9 with smooth sense framework,

Battery charge, GPS and Sync icons revised to meet the required count for smooth sense. This may be flashed to R9 regardless of whether you have chosen smooth sense in your custom Rom or not!

Based on various sources with lots of original icons

- Inspiration from Linux/KDE Oxygen theme.

- Super circle Z with my own choice of gradient from red to green.

- Original WiFi / signal / data / GPS / Sync / Alarm / Warning / Error.

- Custom notification background and pull-down bar.

framework_OxyBubbles2_R9.zip

post-628580-1285457011_thumb.png post-628580-1285457032_thumb.png

... and for the colour obsessed ...

Oxy Bubbles Gold Edition

post-628580-1285796886_thumb.png

- Based on Oxy Bubbles II for R9 w/without Smooth Sense

- Circle G - All credit to nrosier, avreen, fightspit and many more over at XDA

- Battery Charging revised to align with icon count for smooth sense

- Golden headphones icon

- Golden centre to bluetooth (connected) icon

- Unsigned, please flash with Clockwork or Rom Manager. BACK UP FIRST!!

framework_OxyB2_GoldenTintR9.zip

Enjoy :lol:

Edited by FatherD

I know that its a noob question but how do I install the package? with clockworkmod?

Thanks.

Yep .. provided that you have rebooted at least once since flashing your ROM, do the following:

USB Drive Mode

Copy the .zip to the sdcard

USB charge only (to eject sd from your pc)

Boot into clockwork

choose zip from sdcard

Flash it! (suits you sir!)

Reboot

Stand at 20 paces with your sunglasses on :lol:

Edited by FatherD

Don't want to work on my Desire. Will try it later on my computer...

Yep .. I have trouble downloading on my Desire sometimes, even on WiFi .. the link is working good though :lol:

Guest The Virus 2013

Okay download work on my computer... First time I have this kind of issue with my Desire ! lol ;-)

Will try it later, I also have to put some .so files anyway :lol:

EDIT: Perhaps I'm wrong, I never opened a framework zip before, but I just see a "framework" folder, but this folder is under /system in the phone ! Don't you have to put it in /system/framework in the archive too ?

Edited by The Virus 2013

Guest The Virus 2013

Just tried it, and it gives me a loop reboot. It can't complete its boot sequence. I saw the "no service" (with the new icons as well), and it reboot on the MoDaCo custom boot screen...

I just replace my backup file.

Okay download work on my computer... First time I have this kind of issue with my Desire ! lol ;-)

Will try it later, I also have to put some .so files anyway B)

EDIT: Perhaps I'm wrong, I never opened a framework zip before, but I just see a "framework" folder, but this folder is under /system in the phone ! Don't you have to put it in /system/framework in the archive too ?

I see your thinking .. but no! the .zip has an update script in the META folder which instructs the directory to be used by Android when flashing. Which gets me thinking ... you are flashing this in the usual way with Rom Manager or Clockworkmod, not just pushing the files to the phone!? You are running R9 already? Are you modifying it before you flash it?

I'm out driving for the most part of the day, but post up your findings and I will help as soon as I can :lol:

Hope this helps

Guest The Virus 2013
I see your thinking .. but no! the .zip has an update script in the META folder which instructs the directory to be used by Android when flashing. Which gets me thinking ... you are flashing this in the usual way with Rom Manager or Clockworkmod, not just pushing the files to the phone!? You are running R9 already? Are you modifying it before you flash it?

I'm out driving for the most part of the day, but post up your findings and I will help as soon as I can :lol:

Hope this helps

Ok I see. No I've not flashed, because I wanted to backup the original framework-res.apk. So I've done the job in adb shell. I backed up, then copy your framework-res.apk to /system/framework. It have to work no ? or your zip do something more ?

Thank you for your help

Ok I see. No I've not flashed, because I wanted to backup the original framework-res.apk. So I've done the job in adb shell. I backed up, then copy your framework-res.apk to /system/framework. It have to work no ? or your zip do something more ?

Thank you for your help

Ok that explains your problem, you should back up your original by using 'adb pull' then flash Oxy in the normal way. If you then want to revert to the original you have to pack the original back into folder named framework within the zip, then reflash the zip. I am sure that this is not enough information, I think tomorrow. I will post up my full technique up as a guide for all that would like to try :lol:

Guest The Virus 2013
Ok that explains your problem, you should back up your original by using 'adb pull' then flash Oxy in the normal way. If you then want to revert to the original you have to pack the original back into folder named framework within the zip, then reflash the zip. I am sure that this is not enough information, I think tomorrow. I will post up my full technique up as a guide for all that would like to try :lol:

Thanks, I'll try it. I just like to understand thinks, and it's strange for me that a simple push of the file doesn't work the same way as the flash, since the only think that's done when flashing is replacing exactly this file...

EDIT : Same result... I flashed, and reboot loop just after the boot. Then I restore the correct framework-res.apk with adb and everything's fine now. So I'm pretty sure that I don't need to flash, and that copying the file will do the same. However, there is a little mistake between your file and my phone...

EDIT 2 : Just tried the Silver Circle R9 you made, and same result, even when I flash. Don't know what's happening...

EDIT 3 : Also tried to unpack the apk, then repack it without compression, but same result. However, I found this thread on XDA where he is talking about loop devices if you use an automatic signing app while you're under Vista or 7, don't know, really.

EDIT 4 : Just tried to repack without compression and then resign it, same bug...

Edited by The Virus 2013

Guest The Virus 2013

After spend some hours, I FINALLY GOT IT WORKING !!!

I just copy the META-INF of the original framework-res.apk file in your own framework-res.apk file, then cp it with adb shell, reboot and it works fine for the moment...

EDIT : I can confirm it's a signing bug. Perhaps you've resigning the apk's, and I saw that we don't have to, specialy when it's system apps. Anyway, I tried to put the META-INF of the original framework-res.apk into the Silver Circle one, all in the zip archive, and now I'm able to flash it in the regular way.

Edited by The Virus 2013

After spend some hours, I FINALLY GOT IT WORKING !!!

I just copy the META-INF of the original framework-res.apk file in your own framework-res.apk file, then cp it with adb shell, reboot and it works fine for the moment...

EDIT : I can confirm it's a signing bug. Perhaps you've resigning the apk's, and I saw that we don't have to, specialy when it's system apps. Anyway, I tried to put the META-INF of the original framework-res.apk into the Silver Circle one, all in the zip archive, and now I'm able to flash it in the regular way.

Ok .. that explains it! I used the framework from r9 with smooth sense, without altering anything but the icons I can only conclude that you must have something different it your original rom, as nobody else has reported any such issue with any of my frameworks, concerning the Meta folder, the frameworks I make are all unsigned!

Hope that helps explain things :lol:

Guest The Virus 2013
Ok .. that explains it! I used the framework from r9 with smooth sense, without altering anything but the icons I can only conclude that you must have something different it your original rom, as nobody else has reported any such issue with any of my frameworks, concerning the Meta folder, the frameworks I make are all unsigned!

Hope that helps explain things :lol:

I really don't understand as I have a R9 with smooth sense without anything else... anyway, it's working now!

Thanks for your great job !

Guest InspectorFrost

Nice work as ever, Father D

Any chance of a Circle C Vers' in the near future ?

Mind you!....that gold vers, would be sweet also

Cheers Man

Keep up the good work !

Nice work as ever, Father D

Any chance of a Circle C Vers' in the near future ?

Mind you!....that gold vers, would be sweet also

Cheers Man

Keep up the good work !

Evenin' Inspector!

Yep that will be possible ... might take me some while to get round to it as each different circle version requires a complete rework of the battery charging set. Will post up as soon as possible :lol:

Guest InspectorFrost
Evenin' Inspector!

Yep that will be possible ... might take me some while to get round to it as each different circle version requires a complete rework of the battery charging set. Will post up as soon as possible :lol:

Evening, my friend

Seriously...A Gentleman and a scholar!

Frosty

Edited by InspectorFrost

Guest InspectorFrost

A bloke sneaks on for a quick, geeky browse before bed,

he only bloody finds a Gold Edition of his favourite task bar....now thats magic !

Good work fella !

Frosty