[FRAMEWORK] Oxy Bubbles II - R9 based / smooth sense based

Guest FatherD

Guest David_P
JuiceDefender is the app, the first one I ever installed and bought!

That looks v nice, I have SKY which is similar but hey, it's been oooh must be a week, time for a change :)

Btw, is it the gold version if I use yours David_P? And i have Alex-V 1.7 but as it's Sense based am sure it will be compatible...

Hi BashyUK,

Mine is not the gold version, but since FatherD was nice enough to edit the super circle mod to fit smooth sense frame count for both, you can just replace all the PNG's for the battery and any other "golden" icons and away you go :-)

Let us know how you get on with this on Alex's ROM. I can't remember what base his is on, but if I recall, R9 is a mix of 2.09 and 2.10 so unless something really big happened in 2.14 and Alex's ROM uses that, you shouldn't have any issues :-)

Remember to NAND backup first though :-)

David P

Guest InspectorFrost
That does look great Frosty,

Was it just the notification bar png that you replaced with a graduated semi transparent one?

David P

Thanks David, although, i have to say that all i did was to liberate a clear bar i found in a theme and swap out the the background bar PNG....so yes, it was just the one edit needed in the drawables

I'll post up the .zip after i'm back from lunch....(you know how it is, why do stuff at lunch when you can do it in work time !)

Glad you like it tho...always though it would look sweet

Guest BashyUK
Hi BashyUK,

Mine is not the gold version, but since FatherD was nice enough to edit the super circle mod to fit smooth sense frame count for both, you can just replace all the PNG's for the battery and any other "golden" icons and away you go :-)

Let us know how you get on with this on Alex's ROM. I can't remember what base his is on, but if I recall, R9 is a mix of 2.09 and 2.10 so unless something really big happened in 2.14 and Alex's ROM uses that, you shouldn't have any issues :-)

Remember to NAND backup first though :-)

David P

Okay, you'll have to school me with this png business and getting gold icons in but for now have attached screenshots:

Nice.

post-755954-1286454753_thumb.png

post-755954-1286454763_thumb.png

Edited by BashyUK

Guest David_P
Okay, you'll have to school me with this png business and getting gold icons in but for now have attached screenshots:

Nice.

1. Open the zip file (not extract, just open so you can see the contents)

2. Within the zip navigate to framework folder in which you should see framework-res.apk

3. If you already have .apk's set to be opened with your archiver program (winrar, 7zip etc) then you can double click on that and in turn open that also (not extract)

4. Go to res folder then drawable-hdpi-v4 folder and replace all the batter png's from your desired update zip (all accessed in the same way)

5. When prompted how to save these in, just select store, no compression

6. You should be asked also if you want to update the framework-res.apk in the original update zip (which is still open behind)

Re-flash it and bob as they say is your uncle.

David P

Guest BashyUK
1. Open the zip file (not extract, just open so you can see the contents)

2. Within the zip navigate to framework folder in which you should see framework-res.apk

3. If you already have .apk's set to be opened with your archiver program (winrar, 7zip etc) then you can double click on that and in turn open that also (not extract)

4. Go to res folder then drawable-hdpi-v4 folder and replace all the batter png's from your desired update zip (all accessed in the same way)

5. When prompted how to save these in, just select store, no compression

6. You should be asked also if you want to update the framework-res.apk in the original update zip (which is still open behind)

Re-flash it and bob as they say is your uncle.

David P

Sweet, nice one Mr P. And I see the Inspector ahs another exhibit for the courtroom to consider! I'll do the above with the newest version.

Guest FatherD
@FatherD,

Maybe you could add this to an edit of POST#1 along with other varying versions of your theme as we all add to it ?

David P

Excellent work all round chaps ... I am a little busy at the moment as I am about to go to Hasting to try to slay some Normans again :)

I will do some first post editing after the weekend ... also if there are any icons in need of editing just send me a list and I will work the mods into a zip ...

@ EVERYONE have a good weekend ... go Saxons!

(yes .. it's sad but true, FatherD will be squelching about in Battle for public entertainment .. lots of grog though .. woohoo!)

EDIT: Must add .. sorry I haven't answered much lately .. been very busy, love the mods you have all worked up ;)

Edited by FatherD

Guest BashyUK
@FatherD,

Maybe you could add this to an edit of POST#1 along with other varying versions of your theme as we all add to it ?

David P

Just had a go, successfully took over 4/5 files. The battery_low_battery.png gives access denied errors. Using Winrar.

Edit : scrap the above none of the icons went over. I need sleep will try again tomorrow. Is the transparent effect within gmail and browser only or have I messed that up too?!

Edited by BashyUK

Guest fisha21
Excellent work all round chaps ... I am a little busy at the moment as I am about to go to Hasting to try to slay some Normans again :)

I will do some first post editing after the weekend ... also if there are any icons in need of editing just send me a list and I will work the mods into a zip ...

@ EVERYONE have a good weekend ... go Saxons!

(yes .. it's sad but true, FatherD will be squelching about in Battle for public entertainment .. lots of grog though .. woohoo!)

EDIT: Must add .. sorry I haven't answered much lately .. been very busy, love the mods you have all worked up ;)

Thanks for your efforts, probably the best framework set I've tried so far! Only one omission - when you set the ringtone to vibrate or silent, still seems to show the stock Android white ones. Look very untidy next to the other Smooth ones! Any chance of a fix?

Looks like someone beat you to it, re-enacting the Battle of Hastings by burning down the pier!

Guest cyam95
After spend some hours, I FINALLY GOT IT WORKING !!!

I just copy the META-INF of the original framework-res.apk file in your own framework-res.apk file, then cp it with adb shell, reboot and it works fine for the moment...

EDIT : I can confirm it's a signing bug. Perhaps you've resigning the apk's, and I saw that we don't have to, specialy when it's system apps. Anyway, I tried to put the META-INF of the original framework-res.apk into the Silver Circle one, all in the zip archive, and now I'm able to flash it in the regular way.

I'm having the same problem with you. Having problem to boot after installing the zip. I tried to install the latest R9 but I'm getting the same result. Can you guide me how to fix this or probably you can upload the modified zip here?

Guest FatherD
Thanks for your efforts, probably the best framework set I've tried so far! Only one omission - when you set the ringtone to vibrate or silent, still seems to show the stock Android white ones. Look very untidy next to the other Smooth ones! Any chance of a fix?

Looks like someone beat you to it, re-enacting the Battle of Hastings by burning down the pier!

Many thanks fisha,

Yep .. I didn't do any vibrate etc icons, I will do a revision of the transparent bar mod early in the week and work some in for that ;)

Hastings ... hmmm probably my tribe prepping the bbq :)

Guest cyam95

At last I got it working. Following The Virus 2013 instruction, I copy over META-INF from the original framework-res.apk to Oxy Bubbles framework-res.apk, repackage it and flash using Clockwork (tried ADB push but it doesnt work).

Thanks The Virus 2013 for the tips and thanks FatherD for the great work :).

Guest The Virus 2013
At last I got it working. Following The Virus 2013 instruction, I copy over META-INF from the original framework-res.apk to Oxy Bubbles framework-res.apk, repackage it and flash using Clockwork (tried ADB push but it doesnt work).

Thanks The Virus 2013 for the tips and thanks FatherD for the great work :).

No problem ;-) Don't know why we had this issue as the others seems not.

Guest David_P

Hey FatherD,

How's it going? Have you had any luck with the additional icons, I am very much looking forward to seeing your artistic talents create something better than Google/HTC could :-) ?

David P

Guest FatherD
Hey FatherD,

How's it going? Have you had any luck with the additional icons, I am very much looking forward to seeing your artistic talents create something better than Google/HTC could :-) ?

David P

Many thanks David,

Have been spending the week getting over the Hastings do ... what a weekend it was .. 300 or so re-enacters (half of them from France) .. the battle got so carried away that we got some shreaked warnings from the organisers, well the Saxons were doing better than they should have lol ... A bizarre cheese and wine party round a camp fire ... followed by lots of beer round an enormous fire with loads of 'Saxons' and 'Normans' passing round loads of throat burning spirits, it's amazing how long it takes the smell of wood smoke to finally depart your clothes and hair!

Back to reality:

I have well and truly bit the bullet, and sold my Desire to bag a DesireHD :) ... but that does not mean that I won't carry on working up some frameworks, starting in the coming week with a revision of the Oxy bubbles to include more modified icons such as silent/vibrate etc, and shortly after a full 'Gold' set. One problem is having no Desire to test them on, so I will reserve the second post in any new mods as a 'confirmed working' flag, once someone steps up as guinea pig!

Who else is selling their shorts to get the HD?? :)

Edited by FatherD

• 2 weeks later...
Guest David_P
Many thanks David,

Have been spending the week getting over the Hastings do ... what a weekend it was .. 300 or so re-enacters (half of them from France) .. the battle got so carried away that we got some shreaked warnings from the organisers, well the Saxons were doing better than they should have lol ... A bizarre cheese and wine party round a camp fire ... followed by lots of beer round an enormous fire with loads of 'Saxons' and 'Normans' passing round loads of throat burning spirits, it's amazing how long it takes the smell of wood smoke to finally depart your clothes and hair!

Back to reality:

I have well and truly bit the bullet, and sold my Desire to bag a DesireHD :D ... but that does not mean that I won't carry on working up some frameworks, starting in the coming week with a revision of the Oxy bubbles to include more modified icons such as silent/vibrate etc, and shortly after a full 'Gold' set. One problem is having no Desire to test them on, so I will reserve the second post in any new mods as a 'confirmed working' flag, once someone steps up as guinea pig!

Who else is selling their shorts to get the HD?? :P

Hi FatherD,

I am happy to test frameworks for you. Any news on the working up of new icons thus far?

David P

• 2 weeks later...
Guest FatherD
Hey FatherD,

Not worried that we have no updates but am a bit worried you haven't posted for a while....everything ok mate?

David P

Hi guys,

sorry to have been a bit absent lately, I have had a really f**ked up time trying to get hold of a DesireHD, regrettably I had to sell my Desire to afford the DHD, and to be honest I wish I hadn't bothered! :huh:

I am probably not going to get hold of another Desire, but I don't want to leave the Oxy, Silver threads dead, so I will get back to working up some revisions, and more importantly reading through the threads to see what I've missed. I do have a busy week tho as I am transcoding some home-vids for a mate.

Going to make a firm date of next monday, to set about re-entering the Desire mod folder on my Suse 11.2

Apologies again for the extended wait :rolleyes: