Post your Home screen!

Guest Spooke

Guest NightSt@lk3r
Sorry i meant wallpaper on lockscreen...LOL

On Japanese Jellyfish RLS2 your lockscreen wallpaper will be whatever you set your homescreen wallpaper to, at least for me it does.

Edited by NightSt@lk3r

Guest m_w_clarke
How did you get the row of icons at the top of your lockscreen that tells you how many texts/missed calls, etc you have?

Using WidgetLocker (paid app) to create the lockscreen.

That particular widget is "Unread Count Widget", again paid app from the market.

Guest heavyduty00
On Japanese Jellyfish RLS2 your lockscreen wallpaper will be whatever you set your homescreen wallpaper to, at least for me it does.

can you change the wallpaper in your lockscreen though, in your current rom?

Guest NightSt@lk3r

my current rom is Japanese Jellyfish RLS2 and as i said my lockscreen wallpaper changes to whatever my homescreen wallpaper is.

Guest womble_sanfran

What is your current rom. I am on stock orange and use launcher pro, I cant change lockscreen through launcherpro, I need to use the 'home switcher' app to switch to the stock launcher and the option is there to change lockscreen. Simples!

Guest heavyduty00

I am on de-orangeonated rom ;)

And omg! basically I took the homescreen .apk file from the stock rom and put it on my sd card, and I use home switcher app to switch to stock launcher but it doesnt give me the option to choose to change wallpaper to lockscreen! ;)

Would it be ok if you post a screenshot of what your screen says when changing wallpaper to lockscreen :(

I'm still having trouble with wallpapers, no matter what i do it always seems to zoom in too much when i want the wallpaper filling the whole screen. I'm only using one homescreen so if i want a wallpaper to fit properly on this screen what size am i aiming to get it where it will actually allow me to set that image fully and show it as its intended to look.

It's starting to annoy me cause even most of the Zedge wallpapers seems to be sized for use on two screens.

I went back to the original 480x800 forgetting the wallpaper selection tool only lets you select half the height of the wallpaper so then i made a wallpaper 480x400 which lets me select the whole image this size but still results in the wallpaper being zoomed into and only showing the center of the image.

Surely there must be a way i can make a specific size and have the phone display the whole image rather than just the middle?

Most of the wallpapers for this phone are 960x800 - which as you say appear to look like they are designed for two screen - this is so that when you scroll left and right through your home screens, the wallpaper moves too, by an amount depending on how many home screens you have.

I use launcher pro and although I have not tried, it will allow you to disable wallpaper scrolling, but I'm not sure if the regular options allow that - anyone??

Maybe then you could use a static full screen 480x800 image.

Guest chall32

post-618544-1293750175_thumb.png

Currently:

- Chris

Guest Ally Weir

Currently:

- Chris

where did you get the custom icons for the BBC news app?

Guest AcceptedWalnut
Most of the wallpapers for this phone are 960x800 - which as you say appear to look like they are designed for two screen - this is so that when you scroll left and right through your home screens, the wallpaper moves too, by an amount depending on how many home screens you have.

I use launcher pro and although I have not tried, it will allow you to disable wallpaper scrolling, but I'm not sure if the regular options allow that - anyone??

Maybe then you could use a static full screen 480x800 image.

I've tried everything. I only use one homescreen and wallpaper scrolling is disabled aswell but the wallpaper selection tool still doesnt work as you'd assume its meant to. If i create a static 480x800 wallpaper and try set it i can't get the selection tool to select the whole wallpaper meaning i end up with being able to select width but only half the height.

The phone just seems to constantly 'zoom in' on the wallpapers and only display a fraction of the wallpaper you've selected which is really annoying me.

Thanks for your advice though :unsure:

Guest AcceptedWalnut

Heres the problem using a quick test wallpaper ive whipped up.

I want this wallpaper as my background

TestWallpaper.png

So when i try select it i can only choose half my wallpaper, now i could get round this by creating the wallpaper i want only at the top or bottom of this wallpaper and setting it.

screenshot_6.png

But even though the wallpaper selection tool shows me what im setting as my wallpaper, i end up with this.

screenshot_7.png

I've kind of given up now tbh and have settled for a wallpaper that doesnt look too bad when zoomed in.

Guest biron_w

Currently:

- Chris

Do you have the apk for that weather widget? As you said it isn't on the market now B)

Guest Arr Too
If i create a static 480x800 wallpaper and try set it i can't get the selection tool to select the whole wallpaper meaning i end up with being able to select width but only half the height.

It's quite simple: you need to make it twice the width! Yes, the wallpaper should be 960x800, since it 'scrolls' a bit when you swipe to different pages. If you just want the main home page to look 'right' then stick two 240x800 side bars on your image. :unsure:

Guest mouseman99
Do you have the apk for that weather widget? As you said it isn't on the market now :unsure:

+1

It doesnt take up half the screen like the others

thanks mate

Guest chall32
Do you have the apk for that weather widget? As you said it isn't on the market now :angry:

Here you go: weather_forcast12.2.zip

Version 12.2, originally released as a free app on 26 May 2010. The last version before the flip clock was removed / changed (v13 upwards). I've tweaked it slightly so that it displays in the apps draw as "Weather Forecast" rather than "Weather forecast". The lowercase "F" bugged me :unsure:

As I used a different certificate to sign the apk, you may need to uninstall any previous versions (using adb or titanium backup) before installing.

EDIT: Word for the wise when adding location; this version doesn't have the "add location via yr.no URL option" so it's a bit tricky. Took me ages to get it, but it's easy once you know the format. For example, I use

United Kingdom / England / Ashford

and it finds my forecast every time B)

- Chris

Edited by chall32

Guest mouseman99

Thanks for the new weather widget mate.

Just one thing though. Do you find it eats up your battery? Maybe its because I have it on my three home screens. Is there any way to lock one widget on more than one screen?