• Please log in to reply
278 replies to this topic

Carbonize

Carbonize

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • Interests:(X)HTML, CSS, PHP, JavaScript, working out and reading.
  • Devices:ZTE Blade(CM7 N257+ KANG)
  • Twitter:@carbonize
Search is your friend or even just looking at the other threads - http://android.modac...ference-thread/

<strong class='bbc'>C a r b o n i z e</strong>

<strong class='bbc'><em class='bbc'>Do or do not, there is no try.</em> - Yoda</strong>

fdespotovski

fdespotovski

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Devices:HTC EVO 3D

The Russian confused me also, but I just sort of used my years of Computer common-sense and clicked what I thought was right.

I made sure that I re-wrote the Russian tut in a language I understood as I did it myself over at Android Forums.
The one problem I am having here is synchronising contacts from Facebook. They are now read-only, meaning you cannot edit them with a phone number you might have for them. Instead you have to have two contacts that cannot be joined up. And if I try to join them, an Android process crashes.

Contacts saved on Facebook also don't show up when they call me once sync has been completed. It just shows the actual number, rather than the contact or their photo, which is something I didn't have a problem on 1.6.

I tried to update my optimus with kdz,i got the blue screen,but when it reached 4% the phone booted itself and then I unplugged it from the pc.was there anything wrong?

Phone: HTC EVO 3D
ROM: LeeDroid 5.3.0 with LeeDroid kernel 5.3.5, Android 2.3.4
Recovery: ClockworkMod Recovery 5.0.2.0
CPU Configuration: Ondemand governor clocked @1200 MHz dual core

fdespotovski

fdespotovski

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Devices:HTC EVO 3D
I updated my Optimus today!It's really great!

Phone: HTC EVO 3D
ROM: LeeDroid 5.3.0 with LeeDroid kernel 5.3.5, Android 2.3.4
Recovery: ClockworkMod Recovery 5.0.2.0
CPU Configuration: Ondemand governor clocked @1200 MHz dual core

belabe

belabe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:LGP500
I tried this method with the P500 and the according ROM for it. Now, i cant turn it one anymore. does anyone have the key-combo to boot into recovery mode for the p500? all the ones given here seem not to work... i really need some help here! cheers :rolleyes:

donfunzz

donfunzz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi! this is really depressing for me cuz since im a korean and all the korean features are gone,

especially when writing messages (I can no longer write korean.. all other languages are fine tho)

And music, half the korean music doesn't read korean, it reads in Russian characters,
since i updated mine with a V20B_00.kdz from a Russian website.

SO, when the official 2.1 update comes out in NZ, can i update mine again?!!!!!

because I am already using 2.1-update1....... I really want to get back to the normal update.

AerospaceMango

AerospaceMango

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts

Hi! this is really depressing for me cuz since im a korean and all the korean features are gone,

especially when writing messages (I can no longer write korean.. all other languages are fine tho)

And music, half the korean music doesn't read korean, it reads in Russian characters,
since i updated mine with a V20B_00.kdz from a Russian website.
SO, when the official 2.1 update comes out in NZ, can i update mine again?!!!!!

because I am already using 2.1-update1....... I really want to get back to the normal update.

Yes...you can flash another 2.1 ROM over the current 2.1 ROM, and there should be no ill effects!

VoxT3R

VoxT3R

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi guys.

Could do with some help if possible. I updated my girlfriends LG GT540 from android 1.6 to 2.1.

Her phone is a dutch operator/brand. I updated with the UK rom as suggested by another site (cant remember which). All was ok whilst she was over in the UK, but now shes back in Holland, she is having problems getting on the internet and using apps such as Google Talk, MSN etc.

She can make calls etc and the phone can connect via Wifi, so I know that the phone does work, just no connection is getting out to her internet etc whilst she is on the move away from her Wifi connection.

Maybe there are some settings somewhere that need amending to suit Holland usage. Or do I need to re-flash her phone with a different rom?

Can anyone shed some light on this issue, and maybe explain where the settings are (or correct rom to use) to fix this small problem.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by VoxT3R, 06 January 2011 - 09:24 AM.

ThornInMySide

ThornInMySide

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Devices:LG GT540

Hi guys.

Could do with some help if possible. I updated my girlfriends LG GT540 from android 1.6 to 2.1.

Her phone is a dutch operator/brand. I updated with the UK rom as suggested by another site (cant remember which). All was ok whilst she was over in the UK, but now shes back in Holland, she is having problems getting on the internet and using apps such as Google Talk, MSN etc.

She can make calls etc and the phone can connect via Wifi, so I know that the phone does work, just no connection is getting out to her internet etc whilst she is on the move away from her Wifi connection.

Maybe there are some settings somewhere that need amending to suit Holland usage. Or do I need to re-flash her phone with a different rom?

Can anyone shed some light on this issue, and maybe explain where the settings are (or correct rom to use) to fix this small problem.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Sounds like you need to get the APN settings for your Dutch network operator (might be on their website) and enter them into SETTINGS>WIRELESS & NETWORK SETTINGS>MOBILE NETWORK SETTINGS>ACCESS POINT NAMES

Thorny

VoxT3R

VoxT3R

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Hi,

Sounds like you need to get the APN settings for your Dutch network operator (might be on their website) and enter them into SETTINGS>WIRELESS & NETWORK SETTINGS>MOBILE NETWORK SETTINGS>ACCESS POINT NAMES

Thorny

Hi Thorny.

I was hoping that it was just a small case of putting in the Dutch network information.

Thanks for the confirmation pal! :unsure:

VoxT3R

VoxT3R

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi again.

Just a quick update. My girlfriend contacted the dutch vodafone operator and they sent her a text message containing the settings data.

All is now working perfectly.

Thanks once again!

Edited by VoxT3R, 10 January 2011 - 09:11 AM.

mircea89fzr

mircea89fzr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
i succesfully updated too

Edited by mircea89fzr, 10 January 2011 - 10:06 AM.

DeadmanWNC

DeadmanWNC

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:GT540
Hi, upgraded last night 1.6 to 2.1 went OK. However, how do I now use PCSuite to sync outlook contacts with my phone?

I am using Outlook 2007. On the phone Accounts and synch settings, I don't have outlook listed as an option.
If I setup PCSuite to synch, it appears to go thru the motions of copying the data over but when I look on the phone no contacts>!>!>

Hope somebody can help PLEASE....

Gilbz123

Gilbz123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:LG gt540

Hi, upgraded last night 1.6 to 2.1 went OK. However, how do I now use PCSuite to sync outlook contacts with my phone?

I am using Outlook 2007. On the phone Accounts and synch settings, I don't have outlook listed as an option.
If I setup PCSuite to synch, it appears to go thru the motions of copying the data over but when I look on the phone no contacts>!>!>

Hope somebody can help PLEASE....

Ok, export your contacts as *.vcf then copy it to a folder in your sd card, then go to your phone contacts and find the menu for import from sd card... that's it! that's the problem with this updated 2.1, sync with pc is not working... enjoy! :D

Cows

Cows

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Does it work if I live in USA? And is it fully English?

nektarios_nick

nektarios_nick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:LG GT 540 OPTIMUS
Hello! I would like a help! Download the driver for installation ... in which everything was fine but for GREECE had a problem with this network! I made the mistake of reinstalling the 1.6 to 2.1 as I was and then the lg gt 540 optimus necrosis! is lit and stops on its brand lg!!
I would like help;;
Thanks!

ThornInMySide

ThornInMySide

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Hello! I would like a help! Download the driver for installation ... in which everything was fine but for GREECE had a problem with this network! I made the mistake of reinstalling the 1.6 to 2.1 as I was and then the lg gt 540 optimus necrosis! is lit and stops on its brand lg!!
I would like help;;
Thanks!

Read this thread, the answers are in there: http://android.modac...ference-thread/

WALZ97

WALZ97

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:gt540
When i update the screen turns blue, after a while it says "Update error! Wparram: 100 Lparram: 6"

addak

addak

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:lg gt540
after downloading lg kdz updater we need to open the file

addak

addak

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:lg gt540

HOW TO INSTALL ANDROID 2.1 ON OPTIMUS
1. Download Kdz Updater
2. Download the V20Baltics or Greek V20a firmware
3. Download and install LGAndroidDriver(If you had installed Pc suite or Lg mobile update tool, skip this )
4. Important

• On the phone: Settings => Applications =>Development(its the last option)=>USB debugging(the first option).A pop up will appear saying this option is for developers and blabla.... press ok
    this setting will allow content to be copied in ROM, meaning that you can install android 2.1 to phone
  • Uncheck mass storage on the phone's sd card settings
5. Connect Phone to the computer
6. Now close all open windows on pc you dont wanna neither KDZ Updater failure nor pc crash during the update
7. Run the flasher itself:(Click on the buttons to enable them)
  • -Select type 3GQCT
  • -PhoneMode DIAG
  • -Specify path to firmware(Its recommended to put the firmware on desktop)
  • -Press start and wait for notice of termination
*On win 7 run launcher as admin

During the update phone's screen get blue.When update ends the phone restarts with the new firmware automatically.
Make sure the phone has enough battery and dont unplug the usb cable
Use it on your own.

NEVER TRY TO DOWNGRADE PHONE FROM 2.1 TO 1.6

Special thanks to @acolozarov and androidfun.ru

after download we need to open the file

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users