Orange San Francisco review

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest beelzebomb

Well, so far all good with the handcent app for text improving he stock one - BUT do any of you guys know how to add your own words to your dictionary on the SF? I've asked Orange, no reply; asked them on Twitter (@orangehelpers) - still no reply. I've posted on here - no reply!

According to the manual, it's: "menu key > add" - pretty poor description; I don't know if the magic "add" option appears once u highlight the required word or what, cos it certainly ain't there just by pressing menu key - no-one seems to know, this is just crazy!

Guest M3troman

Paul

Thank you for the post re the San Francisco, I've even bought one. I just have one problem, I can't find where I can download "mcri-system-blade-mcr-r2.tar.gz" I've already spent hour on this. I'm now feeling a bit of a clott, so you assistance would be appreciated. :)

Guest StevenHarperUK
Paul

Thank you for the post re the San Francisco, I've even bought one. I just have one problem, I can't find where I can download "mcri-system-blade-mcr-r2.tar.gz" I've already spent hour on this. I'm now feeling a bit of a clott, so you assistance would be appreciated. :)

That part of flashing is not needed - it can be used to get Superuser on a STOCK ROM - however if your after putting a custom rom on your device then look here

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...and-other-roms/

Guest StevenHarperUK
Well, so far all good with the handcent app for text improving he stock one - BUT do any of you guys know how to add your own words to your dictionary on the SF? I've asked Orange, no reply; asked them on Twitter (@orangehelpers) - still no reply. I've posted on here - no reply!

According to the manual, it's: "menu key > add" - pretty poor description; I don't know if the magic "add" option appears once u highlight the required word or what, cos it certainly ain't there just by pressing menu key - no-one seems to know, this is just crazy!

I assume your talking about the touchpal keyboard.

To select another keyboard - select and hold a text area, you will get a menu with the option Input Method

This offers the list of Keyboards you have installed and checked (each has its own checkbox) in Settings | Keyboards

I Highly recommend this keyboard

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...-for-the-blade/

Guest beelzebomb
I assume your talking about the touchpal keyboard.

To select another keyboard - select and hold a text area, you will get a menu with the option Input Method

This offers the list of Keyboards you have installed and checked (each has its own checkbox) in Settings | Keyboards

I Highly recommend this keyboard

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...-for-the-blade/

Well, there should be - according to the manual - a universal user dictionary, I've since sent my phone back; I can't type out words I use frequently every single time I want to text, I thought this was progress!

Incidentally, I contacted Which? too as they are due to publish their review of the SF on 23rd December, they told me that they have already heard of this problem from another user & are looking at it. Maybe it'll be addressed in their review.

Guest Joey Scarf

I have recently brought a Orange San Francisco.

I unlocked it onto T-mobile and i have unlimited internet, but i can't seem to connect to the t-mobile internet even though if i put my sim into another phone the internet works fine.

I have tried most of the settings but on the data connection bar it just says connection failed.

If you have any suggestion it would be great.

Joey

Guest yadabwoy

Hi Paul, thanks for an excellent spot on review im picing up my san fran in the morning after my trusty htc heros speaker started buzzing and distorting cant wait to remove all that orange junk and install a new firmware wooohoo :unsure: ,,, any recomendations on which rom to use ??? will there be a gingerbread ???

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Giuliano69

Does anyone know if the white version has a bad quality painting than the gray one ?

Is the white verion a matt paint (as the gray) or a lucid one ?

• 1 month later...
Guest smithy1983
Does anyone know if the white version has a bad quality painting than the gray one ?

Is the white verion a matt paint (as the gray) or a lucid one ?

its more of a shiny gloss white.

Guest lesa0208

Hi guys i use android i have g1, htc magic, htc hero, wildfire. But i found this phone for cheap price, so can you tell me what is good on this phone and what is bad, i don't use camera,on phone, and don't listen music on it

Guest Geordie

Is Orange (or others) selling an inferior model of the San Francisco? On their website, they list it with an internal memory of 150MB. Your review cites a RAM of 512.... :D

Guest ronc2000
Is Orange (or others) selling an inferior model of the San Francisco? On their website, they list it with an internal memory of 150MB. Your review cites a RAM of 512.... :D

There is only one OSF, apart from grey or white colours.

Guest gambieter

There is 512 MB total RAM, but only 150 MB available in the stock ROM after loading of the Android operating system and applications.

Guest Geordie
There is 512 MB total RAM, but only 150 MB available in the stock ROM after loading of the Android operating system and applications.

Why do some show up offering 512 and others 150 then?

Guest Geordie

I've also heard there are different screens on the OSF. Is that true? I'm wanting to buy really soon, but just want to make sure i buy the best version there is.... (that is, if there are differing versions)

Guest gambieter
Why do some show up offering 512 and others 150 then?

They don't. All OSFs have 150 Mb RAM available for apps, unless a custom ROM is installed.

• 2 years later...

I don't know if it has been pointed out, but there are a number of sites that will generate an unlock code for free. You don't have to pay $4.

Works quite well with a Giffgaff SIM.