[AlphaRev] Public release S-OFF HTC Desire GSM

Guest IEFtm

@Subject Delta

i have done this... also enabling the filter...

adb says that it is in recovery mode... i hop, there is still hope for me.. else it is bricked -.-

update...

wait wait wait... IT WORKED :DDDD

i reonnect the decive in virtualbox and then it jumped in hboot with s-off !!!

that means today morning flash wasn´t ready... :lol:

flash duration was above 10 mins... -..-

Edited by c3rax

I guess this is for people already rooted with S-ON? Looks like unrevoked gives S-OFF and root now...

Unrevoked can only give you S-OFF on a CDMA Desire, not GSM, as far as I know.

Guest spammyspam

So how does this affect MCR/general Rom development? In particular the various workarounds used to get around the NAND lock? Will we need new ROMs (possibly laid out differently)?

Guest Subject Delta
So how does this affect MCR/general Rom development? In particular the various workarounds used to get around the NAND lock? Will we need new ROMs (possibly laid out differently)?

Nope, the current ROM's still work and flash as per normal. No workarounds are used to get around the NAND lock when you flash a ROM anyway because the recovery automatically unlocks it whilst the ROM is flashed. All this does is allows you access to /system when the phone is booted and running, and disables verification checks on flash files

Guest spammyspam
Nope, the current ROM's still work and flash as per normal. No workarounds are used to get around the NAND lock when you flash a ROM anyway because the recovery automatically unlocks it whilst the ROM is flashed. All this does is allows you access to /system when the phone is booted and running, and disables verification checks on flash files

Hmm. But aren't bits of the custom ROMs placed in non-normal areas to get around the NAND lock during normal operation of the phone? Maybe I've just misunderstood things.

What about things like mods etc? I assume they can now be applied more easily...

Guest Subject Delta
Quick question - does nandroid back-up HBOOT as well? I'm thinking about patching HBOOT as shown here then restoring everything through nandroid - will this overwrite the patched HBOOT?

Iain

Nandroid does not back up the radio or HBOOT, so you are safe on that front, however if you ever flash a RUU file, make sure you remove the HBOOT from the zip otherwise it will get overwritten.

Hmm. But aren't bits of the custom ROMs placed in non-normal areas to get around the NAND lock during normal operation of the phone? Maybe I've just misunderstood things.

What about things like mods etc? I assume they can now be applied more easily...

Not to my knowledge, they are all placed on the usual system, user, and data partitions. I am not 100% certain on this, all I do know is that I performed a wipe after flashing this, and flashed the latest MCR R9 and it works exactly the same way as it did before, no hitches.

Guest spammyspam
cant seem to get passed the waiting for device at the start using VM

any ideas

You need to redirect USB to the VM. I'm not sure which VM you're using but in VirtualBox you right click the bottom right hand USB icon and click the HTC device. You may have to add filters in the VM settings before booting.

You will have to do this each time the device reboots.

Guest aslsthlm
Quick question. I've seen v1.2 is now on the site. If i've already got S-OFF with v1.1 do you need to use v1.2 again?

No, if you alredy have s-off, it´s the same only small bug fixes.

Guest lnoormohamed

Hi, just wondering how to I change the splash? Back to stock HTC? And also boot animation? (bootanamiation not not due to this hoot, its because I have a n1 boot animation)

BTW thanks for answer to previous question I used the usb way

Guest aslsthlm
Hi, just wondering how to I change the splash? Back to stock HTC? And also boot animation? (bootanamiation not not due to this hoot, its because I have a n1 boot animation)

BTW thanks for answer to previous question I used the usb way

You can use android sdk tools, put splash1.img in the tools folder, boot up the phone in fastboot mode, connect it thrue usb cable, open a command promt in the sdk tools folder, write: fastboot flash splash1 splash1.img

Link to HTC stock splash1: http://alpharev.shadowchild.nl/

Done

Edited by aslsthlm

Whenever I wanted to format my sd and start all over I would put the phone in recovery and start adb-windows shell to run the following:

adb-windows shell reboot recovery

adb-windows shell

parted /dev/block/mmcblk0

print

rm 1 (delete 1 partition)

rm 2 (delete 2 partition)

And then partiton to my needs.

After applying the s-off I cant seem to get into recovery anymore. I am using Pauls R9 WIP.

Can anyone help me with this?

Edited by rveupen

Guest aslsthlm
Whenever I wanted to format my sd and start all over I would put the phone in recovery and start adb-windows shell to run the following:

adb-windows shell reboot recovery

adb-windows shell

parted /dev/block/mmcblk0

print

rm 1 (delete 1 partition)

rm 2 (delete 2 partition)

And then partiton to my needs.

After applying the s-off I cant seem to get into recovery anymore. I am using Pauls R9 WIP.

Can anyone help me with this?

Had the same problem, I used android sdk tools to flash back recovery image true android SDK tools

I did like this:

1. downloded amon_ra 1.7.0.1 R5.1, named it to amon

2. put it in android sdk tools, tools folder

3 Opend a command prompt in tools folder

4. got phone in fastboot mode, and connected it

5. typed: fastboot flash recovery amon.img

Easy as that..

Edited by aslsthlm

Had the same problem, I used android sdk tools to flash back recovery image true android SDK tools

I did like this:

2. put it in android sdk tools

Easy as that..

Thx a million for that...did the trick!

Quick question (i know i can find it on this forum but would like your personal opinion)

I always format with FAT32 first then EXT. But should I use a swap or not. On a Linux server that advice to use it. But the Desire is not Linux server.

Do you use a swap partition or not?

Edited by rveupen

Guest aslsthlm
Thx a million for that...did the trick!

Quick question (i know i can find it on this forum but would like your personal opinion)

I always format with FAT32 first then EXT. But should I use a swap or not. On a Linux server that advice to use it. But the Desire is not Linux server.

Do you use a swap partition or not?

I have a swap 32mb, but you dont need it.

Guest spammyspam

I did like this:

2. put it in android sdk tools, tools folder

Easy as that..

So does this process replace the use of unrevoked to flash recoveries?