Anyone rooted 2.1 yet? - write attempts here.

Guest aaa801

ok heres my new idea

decrypt the kdz

insert the old hidden menu

remake and flash

will post if sucsessfull

ok im flashing the cab file now

kdzencryptor seems to be glitched

hmm 2.1 is lacking root for A2SD

its lacking root as of this moment end of lol

i managed to completly destroy the boot code - eg power on fail

phones in for service now lol

When you guys are saying Universal androot is not working anymoe, did you use the same apk you used previously on 1.6? the donut version? there is 2 versions of androot i guess you did download the eclair one?

No the beta is 1.6.2 but there are other versions i previously used the stable 1.6.1 but I have also seen 1.5.3

Thanks for the key aaa801 but didn't you say it doesn't work?

No the beta is 1.6.2 but there are other versions i previously used the stable 1.6.1 but I have also seen 1.5.3

Thanks for the key aaa801 but didn't you say it doesn't work?

not atm but it might doo soon

Guest joestone

Hi !

I have successfully get root access to the phone (I think so) , I am able to remount in rw mode , give access using chmod , but I am stuck with the following error :

C:\android-sdk-windows\tools>adb shell

* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *

* daemon started successfully *

# su

su

reloc_library[1330]: 5256 cannot locate '_ZNK7android6Parcel15setDataPositionEj

'...CANNOT LINK EXECUTABLE

#

# id

id

uid=0(root) gid=2000(shell) groups=1003(graphics),1004(input),1007(log),1011(adb

),1015(sdcard_rw),3001(net_bt_admin),3002(net_bt),3003(inet)

#

Please help what should I do next to get su working !

Edited by joestone

Hi !

I have successfully get root access to the phone (I think so) , I am able to remount in rw mode , give access using chmod , but I am stuck with the following error :

C:\android-sdk-windows\tools>adb shell

* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *

* daemon started successfully *

# su

su

reloc_library[1330]: 5256 cannot locate '_ZNK7android6Parcel15setDataPositionEj

'...CANNOT LINK EXECUTABLE

#

# id

id

uid=0(root) gid=2000(shell) groups=1003(graphics),1004(input),1007(log),1011(adb

),1015(sdcard_rw),3001(net_bt_admin),3002(net_bt),3003(inet)

#

Please help what should I do next to get su working !

what version are you on

how did you get to this point

Guest TheLostSwede

http://limitlessdroid.com/2010/08/25/droid...-that-motorola/

In as much as that guide seems to do something (although LG seems to have disabled the CP command in # so you have to use CAT instead with a > between the from and to location when you copy the files) and it install Superuser and everything, it doesn't actually appear to give you root access :lol:

Also found this http://limitlessdroid.com/2010/09/23/1-ste...r-your-droid-2/ and thought I'd give it a try...

Well, it crapped out and didn't complete, but now Universal Androot claims my phone is rooted, but Superuser doesn't want to work... I really doubt I have root, but if there's someone with a bit of knowledge, then maybe the programs in the link above can be tweaked to work with the GT540.

Ok, using this http://www.techhackz.com/2010/09/how-to-ro...ng-epic-4g.html (minus the playlogo part) actually gives you partial root, as I can run Root Explorer just fine, but only in r/o mode... nothing else works...

It seems like after you run rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin and restart adb shell you get temporary root access, but not access to su, hence why I at first thought the method above worked, as if you rm su in /system/bin root explorer will work, but you can't change read/write permissions.

Edited by TheLostSwede

Guest joestone
http://limitlessdroid.com/2010/08/25/droid...-that-motorola/

In as much as that guide seems to do something (although LG seems to have disabled the CP command in # so you have to use CAT instead with a > between the from and to location when you copy the files) and it install Superuser and everything, it doesn't actually appear to give you root access :lol:

Also found this http://limitlessdroid.com/2010/09/23/1-ste...r-your-droid-2/ and thought I'd give it a try...

Well, it crapped out and didn't complete, but now Universal Androot claims my phone is rooted, but Superuser doesn't want to work... I really doubt I have root, but if there's someone with a bit of knowledge, then maybe the programs in the link above can be tweaked to work with the GT540

I have successfully managed to root the GT540 , and seems superuser does not need to install apps that require root access (maybe this is security bug of this method , but does not need to modify the original rom like russian guys did). I only tried vnc server which works fine .

I will do a guide how to root the phone and create a zip which contains the neccesseary files (adb,rageagainstthecage, busybox,su).

adb push rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin /data/local/tmp/rageagainstthecage

adb push su /data/local/tmp/

adb push busybox /data/local/tmp/

adb shell

$chmod 4755 /data/local/tmp/rageagainstthecage

$chmod 4755 /data/local/tmp/busybox

$ cd /data/local/tmp

$ ./rageagainstthecage

adb shell

# mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system

# mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 / (maybe this not neccesseary)

# cd /data/local/tmp

# ./busybox cp su /system/bin

# ./busybox cp busybox /system/bin

# cd /system/bin

#chmod 4755 su

#chmod 4755 busybox

#su

#id

the id should be 0 and gid should be 0

#busybox --install /system/bin

#cd /system/xbin

#ln -s /system/bin/su su

#cd /system/bin

#cat sh > su

#reboot

after the phone reboot

adb shell

$su

#

Now you should be able to install any app that require root.

I left out to push the Superuser.apk to /system/app beacuse the app2sd script or the vnc server install does not opened it but they works .

#

rootgt540v20b.zip

Guest TheLostSwede

Ok, my bad, it works just fine :lol:

Superuser isn't needed which is truly odd, but hey, who cares, we have root again!

Edited by TheLostSwede

Guest joestone
Ok, my bad, it works just fine :lol:

Superuser isn't needed which is truly odd, but hey, who cares, we have root again!

As I told I only test it with vnc server and app2sd . It was a long day to find out this method . What was the solution about Barnacle . I've downloaded and failed to start .

Guest joestone

sorry for the double reply my explorer frozen. I am testing the MS IE9 . It is a piece of sh*t . I will revert to IE8.

Edited by joestone

Guest new123

If i root my gt540, is the process reversable.

So if i decide i want to unroot the device and have it all set back to how it was as standard is this possible, or is rooting just a one way process that cant be undone?

If it iss possible to unroot it, then how is this done?

And also once rooted, hwo do you set up apps2sd, cos i saw some tutorials on another site which say about having to go into bootloader mode etc.. which obviously you cant on the gt540. So was just wondering if you maanged to get apps2sd working then how it was done.

Guest TheLostSwede
As I told I only test it with vnc server and app2sd . It was a long day to find out this method . What was the solution about Barnacle . I've downloaded and failed to start .

A stupid setting...

It's meant to be for 2.2, but go to settings and enable Skip wpa_supplicant and it works just fine

Guest borovaka

joestone I make this before i read your post, but i'm used Superuser.apk and i'ts work without problems.

Root Explorer works fine in r/w mode.

Btw It's no necessary to remount root partition, only system.

Can you tell more about app2sd. I don't have any info about this on LG Optimus.

Please type little manual how can i make this work.