05/Oct - FRG83 build info and repacks (stock / rooted / deodexed)

Guest PaulOBrien

trackball wake up function is gone ....

Well, not really. It was never there to begin with. If you read the first page again, this is simply a rooted and deodexed stock ROM. And trackball wake is not in the stock ROMs.

Regards,

lcg

Please add A2SD+, Thanks!

I obviously can't speak for Paul, but this is an almost stock ROM and A2SD(+) is available in his MoDaCo Custom ROM, I doubt that he is going to add it here.

Regards,

lcg

Guest Glemdring

Hi, guys!

Sorry, I'm pretty much novice. I was trying to get any FAQ on how to install this update, but couldn't. I would like to install recommended update from first post. But would like to know how? Will it clear my personal data (apps, contacts, etc.) I were updating my Nexus using signed-passion files. Now it is FRF91 with unlocked bootloader and 1.1-FRF91-nexusone-superboot from here.

Thx in advance!

Guest Papa_I
Thanks Paul!

Nedded cache wipe, but working great.

I installed "Rooted / deodexed / busybox / trackball alert with radio update zip download (recommended)" with no issues. I wiped cache and dalvik-cache prior to installation. The rom is running well, but when I use the dialer, the phone reboots. Is anyone else having this issue, or know how to fix it? Thanks.

Guest izharl
I installed "Rooted / deodexed / busybox / trackball alert with radio update zip download (recommended)" with no issues. I wiped cache and dalvik-cache prior to installation. The rom is running well, but when I use the dialer, the phone reboots. Is anyone else having this issue, or know how to fix it? Thanks.

It worked fine for me, until I installed a Hebrew fix on top of it (frf83hebfix-signed). Than, the phone app start crashing everytime I ended a call. I got back to the rom without the hebrew fix, and everything work well.

Guest nachod0g

Cheers Paul, I tried the updated ROM and it works great.

For everyone missing Trackball Wake, I tested the FRF83 patch from crimsondr on this ROM and it appears to work fine. I compared the android.policy.jar files from FRF91 and FRG83 and it seems like nothing changed, so I think this patch should still be safe to use without being updated for FRF83, but I can't give any guarantees. You can find the files and instructions here.

Guest myrain

Hi, PAUL

I've updated the pre-FRG83 ROM and have the same question with RM9, but reboot my device it just work fine now

and is there any necessary to re-update with the fixed ROM?

Guest das_spektakel
So, when can we expect a new MCR release based on FRG83?

Hi SoloMan,

Paul tweeted this i guess two or three days ago: All MCR's gonna be update this week

best,

das_spektakel

Guest SoloMan
Hi SoloMan,

Paul tweeted this i guess two or three days ago: All MCR's gonna be update this week

best,

das_spektakel

Oh, thanks for that. I have not joined the social network revolution so i don't have tweeter and such.

Gil

Guest BryanHarig
Hi SoloMan,

best,

das_spektakel

Glad to hear it! I am looking forward to a MCR of FRG83

Guest SoloMan
Any news on the MCR?

I've been hearing for two weeks now that it's "coming any day now", i got tired of waiting (no offense Paul, i'm sure you have enough on your plate). I just switched to the readily available FRG83 alternatives (LeoFroyo, Geo411m, Enomther).

I've been hearing for two weeks now that it's "coming any day now", i got tired of waiting (no offense Paul, i'm sure you have enough on your plate). I just switched to the readily available FRG83 alternatives (LeoFroyo, Geo411m, Enomther).

Thanks, i guess i'll check it out - makes my premium subscription seem a waste :-(

I'd quite enjoy a comparison of all the different ROMs out there but i suppose this isn't the place to discuss it!

Guest SoloMan
Thanks, i guess i'll check it out - makes my premium subscription seem a waste :-(

I'd quite enjoy a comparison of all the different ROMs out there but i suppose this isn't the place to discuss it!

I agree about the subscription - am a bit disappointed but this isn't the place to discuss other roms (out of respect for Paul), just go to the XDA developers forum, you will see plenty of threads about the various Roms.

Guest orlovsky

Just to throw in my 2p - I came for the MCR kitchens, and paid for an ad free account. Also slightly disappointed that Paul's been too busy to roll up an FRG83 version of MCR.

Guest Jerry JyN

Hi Paul,

I'm planning to install the Rooted / deodexed / busybox / trackball alert with radio update zip download (recommended) ROM from the first post of this topic.

I've rooted my N1 since I own it, but I'm new to installing ROMs. I'm reading tutorials for a week now, and I think I'm (almost) ready by now...

The "almost" is because of the remaining questions below ;-)

I don't know for Vodafone in UK but in France SFR (French Vodafone) try to make us pay for tethering. They've changed our ROM and from what I've read on French forums, SFR opens a PDP Context setting a new APN nammed "websfr" that they track to make you pay. Using (root) tethering apps and/or changing the user agent of the browser on the connected laptop is working to avoid this extra-billing but the easiest method is to trash this damn SFR ROM to install a stock US ROM. So I'm wondering: is your recommended ROM based on a US release of the FRG83 Rom ?

From tutorials I've read, I've understood that a Wipe isn't necessary when using the same ROM "family" (like when installing a MCR on top of a MCR)

So, as I have a stock FRF91, can I install your "almost stock" FRG83 Rom without a wipe ? ... and, depending on your answer : What is the risk of not wiping even if recommended ? And if I run all the wipes, what will I lose ? Will the games I play remember my achieved levels ?

Thanks in advance for the help !

Guest Jerry JyN

OK, now that I've installed this topic's recommended ROM, I'll answer myself :(

Once the Vodafone SIM card was reinstalled inside my wiped FRG83 Nexus, it re-created the Vodafone APN settings, so maybe I'm not free of their tethering taxes... :)

About wiping, I finally did it, as I've read it was really safer. Using Titanium Backup to restore all my apps+data I didn't loose anything :(

Only problem is that the free version of Titanium didn't restore on SD the apps moved on my previous ROM. I had to manually re-move to SD my 200 apps :(

As this overall first-time-changing-ROM experience went smoothly, I now consider testing Custom ROMS...

MCR will be the next big step for me ! :)

Edited by Jerry JyN