app2sd

Guest acolazarov

Guest acolazarov

Google translation from polish:

------------------------------------------------------

To be able to install applications on SD card, follow the steps that I describe here in turn:

1: Get the root privileges on your phone:

2: Create the EXT2 partition on SD card:

This is best done with the program odpalanym Gparted flash drive or CD

If you burn a CD iso image, if the pendrive is upload the contents to the ZIPA and boot from pendrive makeboot.bat directory / utils/win32 / and accept any key.

Before partitioning recommend to make a copy of at least the most important files from the card.

Boot the computer from CD or USB stick that is uploaded Gparted

(When run each time to confirm the "Enter" when waiting for a response)

Then click the triangle in the top right side and choose our

SD card. (Make sure you chose a card and not for example: drive hdd)

If it is on a FAT partition in 1932 dealing with the whole area of the card

indicate it is the right mouse button and choose the option

"Resize / Move" and type in the row next to "" Free space following "

value in the MB to be available for the second partition (I propose to enter

value between 300 and 500), below, click on "Cylinder", select the cylinder and click

on the "Resize / Move" below.

We point to the gray area that is shown next to the first partition and choose

"New" on the right side should be a "Primary Partition" ext2 below, click on "Add"

At the end click on "Apply" at the top and wait until the program finishes its work.

I would add that on my PC, I managed to do it without pulling the card from the phone, the PC-BIOS

saw the phone as a usb card reader. But I can not guarantee that it will be for someone to act, it is necessary then an SD card slot.

3: Install and run my script

First you have to install a "Gscript Lite" from supermarket and then extract the contents of ZIPA to the memory card in the normal way (as it is to the root of the card, confirm overwrite) and then give the "Disable USB storage" (if enabled).

Then run Gscript, the left button (on the green. Handset), "add script", "Load file", select "a2sd.sh" and "Save", then run this script.

You should receive a message "ext2 partition mounted, copying applications," then you're "ready, you can restart."

I added the script "check.sh" so after a reboot you can check immediately whether App2SD working properly.

After completion of a successful installation, you can remove the directory "app2sd" from the memory card and someone wants to uninstall Gscript.

Note: The script copies the applications already installed on your card, but they are not removed, so as something goes wrong it all is as it was. Moreover, as the script finds that it can not mount an ext2 partition it fails. In the event of a failure of all will be business as usual on the phone.

-------------------------------------------------

dl link:

http://oron.com/eu4r416u5fig/app2sd_GT540.zip.html

Guest ilovelg
Google translation from polish:

------------------------------------------------------

To be able to install applications on SD card, follow the steps that I describe here in turn:

1: Get the root privileges on your phone:

2: Create the EXT2 partition on SD card:

This is best done with the program odpalanym Gparted flash drive or CD

If you burn a CD iso image, if the pendrive is upload the contents to the ZIPA and boot from pendrive makeboot.bat directory / utils/win32 / and accept any key.

Before partitioning recommend to make a copy of at least the most important files from the card.

Boot the computer from CD or USB stick that is uploaded Gparted

(When run each time to confirm the "Enter" when waiting for a response)

Then click the triangle in the top right side and choose our

SD card. (Make sure you chose a card and not for example: drive hdd)

If it is on a FAT partition in 1932 dealing with the whole area of the card

indicate it is the right mouse button and choose the option

"Resize / Move" and type in the row next to "" Free space following "

value in the MB to be available for the second partition (I propose to enter

value between 300 and 500), below, click on "Cylinder", select the cylinder and click

on the "Resize / Move" below.

We point to the gray area that is shown next to the first partition and choose

"New" on the right side should be a "Primary Partition" ext2 below, click on "Add"

At the end click on "Apply" at the top and wait until the program finishes its work.

I would add that on my PC, I managed to do it without pulling the card from the phone, the PC-BIOS

saw the phone as a usb card reader. But I can not guarantee that it will be for someone to act, it is necessary then an SD card slot.

3: Install and run my script

First you have to install a "Gscript Lite" from supermarket and then extract the contents of ZIPA to the memory card in the normal way (as it is to the root of the card, confirm overwrite) and then give the "Disable USB storage" (if enabled).

Then run Gscript, the left button (on the green. Handset), "add script", "Load file", select "a2sd.sh" and "Save", then run this script.

You should receive a message "ext2 partition mounted, copying applications," then you're "ready, you can restart."

I added the script "check.sh" so after a reboot you can check immediately whether App2SD working properly.

After completion of a successful installation, you can remove the directory "app2sd" from the memory card and someone wants to uninstall Gscript.

Note: The script copies the applications already installed on your card, but they are not removed, so as something goes wrong it all is as it was. Moreover, as the script finds that it can not mount an ext2 partition it fails. In the event of a failure of all will be business as usual on the phone.

-------------------------------------------------

dl link:

http://oron.com/eu4r416u5fig/app2sd_GT540.zip.html

Google translates it really bad, hard to understand a s*** here... Someone from Poland could translate the whole text into clear english text. :/

Guest TheLostSwede
doesn't work for me says 'mkdir system/sd already exist'

any sugestion

do you know what the mkdir command does? If you already have a folder on the SD card called system and one in that called sd, then of course you can't make another one called the same...

Guest RAT-BoyZ
do you know what the mkdir command does? If you already have a folder on the SD card called system and one in that called sd, then of course you can't make another one called the same...

first..im sorry if my english is bad.

im already using this method for get app2sd in my optimus.

if im open root explorer and i see new folder on /system. new folder name is sdcard.

and in /system/sdcard have 2 folder again, the folder is app and dalvik-cache.

if i check memory on /system is used 71 MB , free 50 MB. and i check on /system/sdcard i have used memory is 73 MB and free memory is 430 MB.

And i'm check in setting - SD Card & Phone storage and i look internal memory free is 50 MB only..

I think app2sd already running on my optimus, but if i install a new application , and check again in Setting - SD Card & Phone storage and my free internal memory is reduce.

what's this???

Guest droidpereira

Yes i know, it's strange that directory is already created. any way, it seems it's done but, apps don't go to sd.

Guest RAT-BoyZ
Yes i know, it's strange that directory is already created. any way, it seems it's done but, apps don't go to sd.

this method is wrong. i have a good method.

please visit my tread link