WinXP/7 ZTE Blade drivers and ADB

Guest jsplace

Guest lllacey25
For those who have had problems installing drivers and getting adb to work for their Blade I have pulled the necessary files from my SDK installation that should get you going.

The .rar contains the r3 android driver, latest adb from the SDK and a modified .inf file to allow the Blade to be recognised by Windows in both ADB and bootloader modes.

I have had sucess with this both in WinXP and Win7 using exactly the same files.

Enjoy and please let me know if it works for you :)

http://www.easy-share.com/1912504577/usb_driver.zip

~6.5Mb

EDIT: Sorry for the REALLY crapps hosting, if someone could please upload to somewhere sensible it would be appreciated!

EDIT2: Quick HowTo. (How I did it)

1. Download the file above and extract to a folder of your choice.

2. With your phone ON and fully booted, connect to PC with USB cable.

New Hardware wizard should start. (See below if it doesn't)

3. When asked to search select no and browse to the folder where you extracted the files.

Click next and the wizard should install 2 devices. (SingleAdbInterface and CompositeAdbInterface)

4. Unplug the phone from the pc and restart phone in bootloader mode (Power on with Volume up key pressed)

Phone should stay on Green Android screen.

5. Plug in phone again and wizard should detect new hardware. Again point wizard to folder where you extracted files and SingleBootloader device should be installed.

6. Job done :) Reboot phone and all should be working.

IF NEW HARDWARE WIZARD DOES NOT START.

1. Open device manager and right click on The exclamation (Think it says HSUSB?)

2. Select Update driver

3. When asked to search select no and browse to the folder where you extracted the files. Select next and driver will be installed.

4. Repeat step 3 for the other HSUSB device with exclamation.

5. Reboot into bootloader, rinse and repeat.

Hope this helps :)

Big thanks to Matty P for hosting this on his site too :D

Here is his link (Fixed)

http://www.matthewpickering.co.cc/usb_driver.zip

Rapidshare etc just wont work for me for some reason....

hi

firstly thanks for the guide but i'm stuck on step 5. i can istall the SingleAdbInterface and CompositeAdbInterface and i can see in my device manager when i connect the phone.however when i disconnect it and out the battery out etc and then reconnect, the wizards comes up and starts to copy but then it says it needs a particular file that i can't find.

i would be very grateful for any ideas

Guest jsplace
hi

firstly thanks for the guide but i'm stuck on step 5. i can istall the SingleAdbInterface and CompositeAdbInterface and i can see in my device manager when i connect the phone.however when i disconnect it and out the battery out etc and then reconnect, the wizards comes up and starts to copy but then it says it needs a particular file that i can't find.

i would be very grateful for any ideas

Point the wizard to the folder where you extracted the files to, all the files should be there.

If not then you could try the manual install instruction further down the post.

Guest jsplace
here on my friend's win7 64 it says the drivers can't be found. i've done nothing wrong though, it's after i've selected the folder.

Unfortunately I've no idea what's going on with your system then mate :P

Both my main PC and my sons run win7 64 bit and I have had no problems.

What file is it looking for?

Guest Richard Dawkins
Open a command prompt in the folder where you have fastboot/adb (and the drivers) just type "fastboot reboot"

Phone should restart, pulling battery at this point tho is safe, you are not flashing anything :P

Thanks for this! Coming from symbian and Windows phones, Android is a bit of a culture-shock, so being faced with the Green Android screen for a while did faze me. I removed the battery figuring I'd be fine as I hadn't modified the phone, just booted it in a different mode.

Guest bunnygirl222

I've done all the fastboot stuff aok, but I'm trying to use adb and its not working. Whenever I connect my san francisco on XP I get a pop-up asking to install drivers...

I have tried the ones linked here but I believe I have a different USB ID. It ends in 5 and not 4 ?!

Edit: I'm not exactly sure whats going on, but after I cleared the cache partition, I'm seeing the proper 0x1354 usb product id instead of 0x1355.

For the first time since I unboxed the phone its now installing the drivers?! Problem is solved but I'm not sure what was happening before...

Edited by bunnygirl222

Guest Monkey Butler

Hi All

First time posting here, but done a lot of reading over the last 2 weeks.

Got a problem that i can't seem to resolve with my San Fran. I've tried this on 2 seperate W7 machines.

I've loaded the Android drivers (after removing the Google drivers that automatically installed), without any problems. However, when i boot the phone up (volume up and stopping on the green android symbol) i don't see any removable devices appearing on my laptop, after connecting using the USB. I do here the confirmation tone that a USB device has been plugged in, plus i can see an Android USB device that is ejectable.

Any clues as to where i'm going wrong? I already managed to successfully root this phone 2 weeks ago, but now can't "see" it anymore.

Thanks!

Guest jsplace
Hi All

First time posting here, but done a lot of reading over the last 2 weeks.

Got a problem that i can't seem to resolve with my San Fran. I've tried this on 2 seperate W7 machines.

I've loaded the Android drivers (after removing the Google drivers that automatically installed), without any problems. However, when i boot the phone up (volume up and stopping on the green android symbol) i don't see any removable devices appearing on my laptop, after connecting using the USB. I do here the confirmation tone that a USB device has been plugged in, plus i can see an Android USB device that is ejectable.

Any clues as to where i'm going wrong? I already managed to successfully root this phone 2 weeks ago, but now can't "see" it anymore.

Thanks!

Have you mounted the SD card on the phone? Tap the notification after dragging the bar down.

I have followed this guide and i have android abd interface and adb composite adb interface but i only get fastboot reboot to work adb shell says no device found adb shell ls /system/app says error device not found

adb devices

adb server is out of date. killing.....

*daemon started succesfully*

List of devices attached

it then returns to the c:\folder>

where i have gone wrong i can adb into my own hero but no luck with the san francisco i am using the correct folder for the SF

Guest Fransis.co
I have followed this guide and i have android abd interface and adb composite adb interface but i only get fastboot reboot to work adb shell says no device found adb shell ls /system/app says error device not found

adb devices

adb server is out of date. killing.....

*daemon started succesfully*

List of devices attached

it then returns to the c:\folder>

where i have gone wrong i can adb into my own hero but no luck with the san francisco i am using the correct folder for the SF

Are you running 1.0.26 ?

type.....`adb version`

Are you running 1.0.26 ?

type.....`adb version`

no the version i have is 1.0.25 which i got from pauls fastboot post how do i get the newer version please

mifran

Edited by mifran

Guest jsplace
no the version i have is 1.0.25 which i got from pauls fastboot post how do i get the newer version please

mifran

Its in the drivers that I posted @ 1st post :)

Its in the drivers that I posted @ 1st post :)

ok thanks i have downloaded it should it also work with a hero

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7600]

Copyright © 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\****>cd c:/san

c:\san>adb

Android Debug Bridge version 1.0.26

EDIT i have reinstalled all the drivers .and also ADB into a new folder and now i can adb into both the hero and the san francisco thanks for the new drivers and adb how often do we have to update adb

mifran

Edited by mifran

• 3 weeks later...
Open a command prompt in the folder where you have fastboot/adb (and the drivers) just type "fastboot reboot"

Phone should restart, pulling battery at this point tho is safe, you are not flashing anything B)

Hi I am totally new to Android phones and I know nowt about programming etc., so please have patience with me! After I downloaded the SF USB drivers and following the instructions I too am stuck with the green symbol, I don't know how to reboot the phone nor do I know how to open a command promt etc :-? I could do with an idiots guide on how to reboot the phone. Can someone please help?

Cheers FrankE

Hi I am totally new to Android phones and I know nowt about programming etc., so please have patience with me! After I downloaded the SF USB drivers and following the instructions I too am stuck with the green symbol, I don't know how to reboot the phone nor do I know how to open a command promt etc :-? I could do with an idiots guide on how to reboot the phone. Can someone please help?

Cheers FrankE

Hi again, I managed to download power toys and opened a command prompt in the folder where I had fastboot/adb (and the drivers) and typed "fastboot reboot" and hit the return key, now my phone just keeps going through a start up (reboot?) cycle, also I get messages stating USB device not recognised. Any ideas?

Cheers FrankE

Hi again, I managed to download power toys and opened a command prompt in the folder where I had fastboot/adb (and the drivers) and typed "fastboot reboot" and hit the return key, now my phone just keeps going through a start up (reboot?) cycle, also I get messages stating USB device not recognised. Any ideas?

Cheers FrankE

Think I have sorted it, took battery out, replaced it, done!

FrankE :P

Guest xrelishx

Hello Ive bought my San Francisco last Friday. Ive already installed the device drivers and windows is already recognizing my San Francisco when I connect the USB, and my San Francisco is already saying that is connected through USB to a computer.

But I cant see any folder on my computer referring to the San Francisco memory nor the SD card. Using this device driver the San Francisco memory shouldnt be mounted into a device in windows?

Guest Polythene

Hello,

Upon booting the phone iwth teh Volume key up and pressing the power buttun, Windows installer found drivers and installed correctly without me having to point the installer to the driver files. Is this normal or has something gone wrong?

Guest malgiff10
I've updated my modified drivers to fully support 32bit and 64bit Windows Vista & Windows 7 as well as 32bit XP and Windows 2000. http://flibblesan.co.uk/android/zte_driver.zip

You will probably need to install the drivers manually from the device manager. Ignore any warnings about them being unsigned.

Downloaded the Android SDK, tried an adb-> devices and my SF doesn't display. Tried installing fibblesan's drivers. But no luck, it installs some sort of 3G modem...i'm on Windows 7 64-bit.

Any help?

Edited by malgiff10

Guest CharlesBrown

Seem to have tried every possible solution for this but still my laptop wouldn't recognise the San Fran - it will see the card but not the phone.

I've tried all sorts of drivers and solutions - the drivers here/Fibblesans Android forum - becoming frustrated that I seem to have tried everything and still Windows XP fails to see the phone.

I want to get rid of the orange junk and try a couple of custom ROMs - any help would be greatly appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Phoenix Silver
Seem to have tried every possible solution for this but still my laptop wouldn't recognise the San Fran - it will see the card but not the phone.

I've tried all sorts of drivers and solutions - the drivers here/Fibblesans Android forum - becoming frustrated that I seem to have tried everything and still Windows XP fails to see the phone.

I want to get rid of the orange junk and try a couple of custom ROMs - any help would be greatly appreciated.

try ubuntu live cd :(

download iso here :

Ubuntu live cd

burn it

boot with the cd and enjoy ;)

(live cd doesn't change anything in your system unless you install it)

terminal for adb is in applications / accessories / terminal