[LEAK] Acer_LiquidE_4.002.02 modified to pass on A1

Guest mcboydesign

Guest Elisha82
Free ram is wasted ram.

I've only heard this saying in the Android world. Certainly defies logic!

Seems like Android may be using something similar to Symbian's demand paging so RAM is conserved nomatter how many apps are opened but I will never buy into the free ram is wasted ram theory!

Guest tmp_do
People that flashed this ROM:

How about camera and all other things, is everything working? Does the HW info works? Is it better than the previous leak?

all worx as fine. now acerui really faster and smooth. camera work too. hw info dont work, but on 2.6.29 it shouldnt work.

now i think that we dont need cm :lol: - acers build stable and fast too B)

I've only heard this saying in the Android world. Certainly defies logic!

The idea is to have as much as possible ocupied and free RAM. Sounds strange? Imagine you have 256Mb RAM:

- the system can use (for example) 200Mb to cache apps. They stay loaded and paused and, when you need them instead of taking xx seconds to load and open, they are ready in 1-2 seconds as if you did multitasking

- the system can use the remaining 56Mb for app use (the app may be already in RAM but textures, html, flash, music, calculations, etc etc aren´t)

So, if a system has <30Mb of free RAM it should have more because it´s too short. Though, if your system has 40-50-60-80Mb of free RAM out of 256Mb then the system leaves necessary room for the app to use it as "work ram" but also has them cached.

Nevertheless the best is to have so much RAM as possible so the system loads everything to RAM and still leaves a lot of free RAM for the rest. It´s a bit like a 512bhp car: for 99% of the time you may only use 256bhp but it has plenty left if you need it. A1 users may not miss the extra 256Mb most of the time (or at all) but it´s always good to have more just in case. Of course IMHO 100€ (in my case) don´t worth it.

tmp_do: thanks for your report! How about root? Is it working? Is the battery consuming as usually?

Edited by mmick

Guest BlackMagician

In Android it's more about the CPU cycles than the free RAM available..

Also, EXIF data in photos is still wrong. :lol: Photos are still being saved with the date showing December 8 2002..

Thank you very much!

No kidding on my download list it showed, Acer_LiquidE_4.002.0...ass_protect_MD5.bin. So I was asking how could this pass MD5. :lol: B)

thanks again.

Can someone with this rom download an app from market called "free memory" and post here an amount of total RAM ? :lol: Previous leaks has 189mb total...

Guest akira.pwr
Can someone with this rom download an app from market called "free memory" and post here an amount of total RAM ? :lol: Previous leaks has 189mb total...

Is named free memory recover by fantasmo soft or free memory lite by larry wong or free memory by coconuts?

Edited by akira.pwr

Is named free memory recover by fantasmo soft or free memory lite by larry wong or free memory by coconuts?

free memory by coconuts, so, no change, 189mb, thx for this information, but there must be some memory optimalisations :lol: Downloading B)

Guest LukeTheCrasher

Unm, i'm trying to take ROOT access but i can't...i don't know why. I tried method 1, 1.1 and 2 and all of them didn't work. Some tips?

Guest LukeTheCrasher
malez recovery don't work on this rom for me. anyone?

The recovery works well for me (malez 0.6), i have problems with the ROOT access.

Installed and works well (at least for now):

- a little smoother than any previous ROM

- seems faster to boot

- seems to have a little more free ROM space

- Recovery and root (via Malez 0.6) working via method 1 (only EStrongs File Explorer does not work with root, as it also didn´t on the previous leak)

Note 1: I format my SD before updating to a new ROM

Note 2: I clean Davik-cache and Cache before updating to a new ROM

Note 3: right after the ROM´s first boot I install malez 0.6

Edited by mmick

Guest BlackMagician
@BlackMagician: My photos show that the current date is on the pics. Am I looking at this the wrong way?

Are you looking at the file creation date? Or the date in the EXIF data attached to the file? I've tested this on two different Liquids. I haven't managed to get a proper date since I switched to 2.2.

Guest sette7nani
Yep, this superboot still works.

If you are scared of flashing superboot you can use malez recovery to get root.

malez recovery can unlock market too?

any applications in the market to search for?

i unlocked but i don't know if it worked well