Automatic APN setup for the new 2.1

Guest joestone

Guest joestone

I've made this script to automatically set APN settings .

It sets the APN according to the SIM card without entering it manually. It should work for most european countries and providers .

Installation is simple :

Put your phone to USB Debugging mode.

Connect it to your computer via USB.

Download the zip file.

Extract the zip file.

run apnset.bat from the extracted folder.

After the phone restarts , go to settings , wireless & networks,Mobile network settings,Access Point names.

Press the menu button on your LG GT 540 .

Select the Reset to default.

After defaults successfully restored the phone loads the apn settings according to the sim card.

apnset.zip

Edited by joestone

Guest new123

Thanx, should come in useful.

Im editing the xml file so it just has the major UK networks in my phone.

I noticed frmo the bat file that it pushes this file to the phone via adb and replaces the existing file.

Does this mean that even after a factory reset the APN entried will remain? Will be handy if they do. OR will this process have ot be run again after doing a factory reset?

Edited by new123

Guest joestone
Thanx, should come in useful.

Im editing the xml file so it just has the major UK networks in my phone.

I noticed frmo the bat file that it pushes this file to the phone via adb and replaces the existing file.

Does this mean that even after a factory reset the APN entried will remain? Will be handy if they do. OR will this process have ot be run again after doing a factory reset?

Yes it replaces the existing file, but the existing file is useless, because the apn list is empty .

It will be erased after factory reset. That is possible to hold it after factory reset , but that feature is only useful if the phone is just after the update with factory settings. If I made the script that way all your settings apps remains after factory reset. I think it much easier to run the script than manually enter it. It works perfectly for me with Vodafone HU SIM.

If you have a backup from your 1.6 find your apns-conf.xml and replace the one included in the zip file .Run the apnset again and it will set your settings.

Guest new123
Yes it replaces the existing file, but the existing file is useless, because the apn list is empty .

It will be erased after factory reset. That is possible to hold it after factory reset , but that feature is only useful if the phone is just after the update with factory settings. If I made the script that way all your settings apps remains after factory reset. I think it much easier to run the script than manually enter it. It works perfectly for me with Vodafone HU SIM.

If you have a backup from your 1.6 find your apns-conf.xml and replace the one included in the zip file .Run the apnset again and it will set your settings.

So what would i need to do if i want the settings to remain after a factory reset?

Guest joestone
So what would i need to do if i want the settings to remain after a factory reset?

Put this line to the script after the mount line .

adb shell mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /

For me it worked.

Guest new123
Put this line to the script after the mount line .

adb shell mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /

For me it worked.

And the APN settings were still there after factory reset?

Guest joestone
I realise this is for European countries and providers, but would it work on sim card from Australia?

tia

No. Because the xml contains the settings and there is no australia in it. If you have a backup from your 1.6 find your apns-conf.xml in /system/etc . copy the file to the apnset folder and run the script.

Guest yozogod
No. Because the xml contains the settings and there is no australia in it. If you have a backup from your 1.6 find your apns-conf.xml in /system/etc . copy the file to the apnset folder and run the script.

Please help with Australian APN PLZ :)

Thanks for this i have a question, when i try and run apnset.bat from within astro i get file type bat not found, can you tell me what i am doing wrong?

Edited by sarbe

Guest ASY9650
Thanks for that but I have done that several times but no joy, this is after installing the baltic 2.1

I have just provided a link for you in another post, but here it is again =].

I would copy those instructions as they will be the same for your phone. If not, when I reflash the Baltic ROM onto my phone later/tommorow, and you still have not found joy from that link or another user, I will provide you with an exact copy of the details in my settings.

Guest ASY9650
Thanks very much I will try that.

Let me know if they work, As I have finished reinstalling the Baltic ROM and if need be will type the settings I am using up for you.

Edited by ASY9650

No joy m8, i've entered the settings, saved, left the screen, gone back and the apn has gone, got the settings from o2, edited them, saved them, left the screen, went back and once again the settings had disappeared. Can you please put your settings up, that will be great, thanks.

Guest ASY9650
No joy m8, i've entered the settings, saved, left the screen, gone back and the apn has gone, got the settings from o2, edited them, saved them, left the screen, went back and once again the settings had disappeared. Can you please put your settings up, that will be great, thanks.

Settings > Wireless & networks > Mobile network > Enable

Settings > Wireless & networks > Mobile network settings > Acess Point Names > New APN

Use these for 02 PAYG;

Name : 02 Prepay GPRS

APN : payandgo.02.co.uk

Proxy : 193.113.200.195

Port : 8080

Username : payandgo

Password : I can't see it, but from personal experience this will be either password or vertigo.

Server : <Not set>

MMSC : http://mmsc.mms.02.co.uk:8002

MMS proxy : 193.13.200.195

MMS port : 8080

MCC : 234

MNC : 10

Authentication type : PAP

APN type : default

Give those a whirl and let me know if they work or not for you...

Edited by ASY9650

Guest ASY9650
I don't know whether you got my pm m8 but it was a faulty sim apparently, replaced and everything is ok now, thx for your time and help.

I did do, sorry, should have replied, was a bit busy at the time. No worries, glad you got it sorted =].

• 5 months later...
Guest gazzz123
I've made this script to automatically set APN settings .

It sets the APN according to the SIM card without entering it manually. It should work for most european countries and providers .

Installation is simple :

Put your phone to USB Debugging mode.

Connect it to your computer via USB.

Download the zip file.

Extract the zip file.

run apnset.bat from the extracted folder.

After the phone restarts , go to settings , wireless & networks,Mobile network settings,Access Point names.

Press the menu button on your LG GT 540 .

Select the Reset to default.

After defaults successfully restored the phone loads the apn settings according to the sim card.

thank u works 100% :D