We’ve been steadily working to add more devices to Spotify Mobile and we have an excellent addition to the family to let you know about. Earlier today our CEO Daniel took part in an event at Stockholm’s Royal Institute of Technology along with Steve Ballmer of Microsoft to announce that Spotify is now available for Windows phones 6.x!
Over the past few months we’ve been working with Microsoft to develop the Spotify app for Windows Phone and we’ve put together a demo video for you highlighting some of the great features, have a look.
The full list of features for Windows Phone includes:
· Search, browse and play millions of tracks
· Stream over WiFi or 2.5/3G - All your existing playlists are available
· Offline playlists - Play your music without an internet connection
· On-the-fly sync - Every track you add to a playlist appears on mobile and computer
· What’s New tab
· Wirelessly sync your local files to your phone
· Starred tracks - tag all your favourites into a special list
Windows Phone users can download the new app directly by visiting http://m.spotify.com, and it will also be available for download on Windows Marketplace for mobile shortly.
And one last thing – we’re also very excited to announce that Spotify will be available on the upcoming Windows Phone 7, which from what we’ve seen is going to be just fantastic.
This looks like a smart move from the Spotify team, and it's likely to look amazing on WP7, but do you think there is much life left in the 6.5 version?
Thanks to tonijj for the news tip
[Edited for News by philly-d]