Desire HD on USA T-Mobile???

Guest mattyv316

Guest mattyv316

Just wondering if anybody knows for sure if the Desire HD will run on T-Mobile in the US if it uses 850 and 1900 MHZ? I am really liking this phone and will pre-order if I know I can use it here in the US.

Thanks,

Matt

Guest bobbyphoenix
Just wondering if anybody knows for sure if the Desire HD will run on T-Mobile in the US if it uses 850 and 1900 MHZ? I am really liking this phone and will pre-order if I know I can use it here in the US.

Thanks,

Matt

It will work in the USA for cell and data, but the regular data will be 2G, not 3G since the frequecies are different. On an upside the 2G speeds you will get will be around 500 KBPS. The natural speed of the device will make it work well even on 2G. I have an N1 right now, and in my area on 2G I get speeds of 200 KBPS, and that is more than enough for what I do. I mostly use Wi-Fi anyway, so I only hit 2G once and a while when I'm out somewhere without Wi-Fi. Another plus is I'm pretty sure we will get HSPA speeds with it, so that will be awesome (assuming you live in an area with HSPA turned on like me (Orlando, Florida)).

Edited by bobbyphoenix