I have now published the source for the Blade device profile on my GitHub, so the recovery should be officially supported in ROM Manager soon!
You can load recovery by powering on the device with 'Volume Down' pressed, by using 'adb recovery', by installing 'Quick Boot' from the Market or by installing 'ROM Manager' from the market.
Navigation in the recovery image as follows:
- Volume Up / Down to move between options
- Home key to select an option
- Back key to go back
- Download 18.104.22.168 ClockworkMod Recovery for ZTE Blade - DOWNLOAD (Mediafire Pro) - MD5: 0733acd513717f2dc7ee08809bd7ea20
- Download fastboot if you do not have it already.
- Turn off your phone and take out the battery. Unplug the phone from the PC / charger.
- Replace the battery and turn the phone back on with 'volume up' held. The device will stay at the 'green android' screen.
- Plug the phone into the PC.
- Extract the fastboot zip file.
- From a command prompt (at the directory containing these new files!) run 'fastboot-windows flash recovery recovery-clockwork-22.214.171.124-blade.img' (subsituting 'fastboot-mac' or 'sudo fastboot-linux' as required)
- When this finishes, from the command prompt run 'fastboot-windows reboot' (again substituting 'fastboot-mac' or 'sudo fastboot-linux' as required)
The changelog and any known issues are in the next post.
126.96.36.199 remains available for download here.