[TUTORIAL] How to flash .bin files on Acer Liquid/E

Guest Dario93

Guest Dario93
Nice guide and easy to follow, but doesn't mention Acer drivers.

I almost bricked my phone trying to install leaked Android 2.2 ROM. Ended up with Acer download tool stalled saying device 01 not connected and the Liquid showing USB fastboot screen with a flickering line across the top.

Disconnected the phone, tried to enter recovery but couldn't, screen was stuck on Acer splash screen. Then I installed the drivers from ACER's UK website; loaded up Acer download tool V3.1; and tried again. Thankfully the phone was recognised and it worked this time.

Sorry! :/ i completely forgot drivers.Now drivers mentioned and download link added. Sorry again! :P

I am stuck with the Download Tool, it says: Can remove USB Cable. Restoration is needed. And in some label below: [Error]: Fastboot is Failed.

Any idea?

[sOLVED!]: Tried again after entering bootloader (I think) with the spider-friendly button combinations and worked! So I have to change my device description :P

Edited by MODDGG

Guest Dario93
I am stuck with the Download Tool, it says: Can remove USB Cable. Restoration is needed. And in some label below: [Error]: Fastboot is Failed.

Any idea?

[sOLVED!]: Tried again after entering bootloader (I think) with the spider-friendly button combinations and worked! So I have to change my device description :D

Good! It looks like I didn't manage to answer your question in time! :P

Guest Dario93
okay awesome. Worked flawlessly.

but now I can't seem to dl from the market? help?

Strange.. howewer,install malez recovery and fix the market. Go under "others" in main menu of recovery and select fix market android 2.2

Guest komienski
Strange.. howewer,install malez recovery and fix the market. Go under "others" in main menu of recovery and select fix market android 2.2

okay thanks. I'm currently waiting the three minutes after setting the time.

its just weird because the market opens fine, everything seems right but the downloads fail.

we'll see if malez works.

edit:

huh. now I'm getting download paused or download unsuccesful. no dice.

rogers liquid e with Acer_LiquidE_4.504b.00_EMEA-GEN1_05.01.05

edit... seems to be working. but slow. probably something random having nothing to do with the flash I hope. only purchased apps are having trouble

Edited by komienski

Guest bakalaG

i did every thing right and then when the bar at the side was full it said "device not connected..." but it also says "processing- DO NOT REMOVE USB CABLE!!" what the hell happend is my phone bricked i didnt unplug it from usb yet wat do i do? it also says under the information box "Process: AMSS START!!" what does that even mean?

EDIT: ok so it said devicnot connected so i unplugged the usb and plugged it back in luckly it just resumed I DONT RECOMMEND ANY ONE TO DO THIS (UNPLUGGING THE USB THAT IS)

Edited by bakalaG

Guest Dario93
okay thanks. I'm currently waiting the three minutes after setting the time.

its just weird because the market opens fine, everything seems right but the downloads fail.

we'll see if malez works.

edit:

huh. now I'm getting download paused or download unsuccesful. no dice.

rogers liquid e with Acer_LiquidE_4.504b.00_EMEA-GEN1_05.01.05

edit... seems to be working. but slow. probably something random having nothing to do with the flash I hope. only purchased apps are having trouble

Yes,unfortunately i discovered this is a market problem..

• 2 weeks later...
Guest CyberGrappa

Same situation for me, after wait 10 minutes i unplug and plug it again and then start to flash...waiting ...all well is started.

Paolo

i did every thing right and then when the bar at the side was full it said "device not connected..." but it also says "processing- DO NOT REMOVE USB CABLE!!" what the hell happend is my phone bricked i didnt unplug it from usb yet wat do i do? it also says under the information box "Process: AMSS START!!" what does that even mean?

EDIT: ok so it said dev is not connected so i unplugged the usb and plugged it back in luckly it just resumed I DONT RECOMMEND ANY ONE TO DO THIS (UNPLUGGING THE USB THAT IS)

Edited by CyberGrappa

• 1 month later...
Guest HustlinDaily

Did you download the .bin and move it to that folder? Well it isn't completely necessary to move it there, just nice to have it all in one place.

Guest airmanfly!

without "acer tool " and USB cable is impossible to bring back original donut instead of froyo?

Edited by airmanfly!

Guest Dario93
thanks dario, now I know I have a big problem.

compliments for your work each day do for us

I'm always happy to help other users :D However,what's yor problem?

Guest airmanfly!

Hello Dario, the USB port of my liquid is dead. so I wanted to flash a donut to send in assistance, I wish there was a way without usb.

HustlinDaily, very funny :D

Edited by airmanfly!

• 1 month later...
Guest tkalfaoglu

any way of doing the .bin sending without acer download tool, which apparently needs a real windows which I dont have?

I have fastboot, and adb and virtualbox and a rooted phone :(