when is official froyo release?

Guest fpbasilio

Guest fpbasilio

Any news on official froyo release date? someone mentioned oct 10 but so far the acer website dont even have drop down menu for android 2.2 on their support page. before official eclair, the android 2.1 drop down was there for a long time before actual release so im guessing 2.2 wont be anytime soon..

Guest Dario93
Any news on official froyo release date? someone mentioned oct 10 but so far the acer website dont even have drop down menu for android 2.2 on their support page. before official eclair, the android 2.1 drop down was there for a long time before actual release so im guessing 2.2 wont be anytime soon..

Surfing on the net, i almost everywhere found the general indication October 2010..btw some rumors in the liquid community seem to confirm that date

• 2 weeks later...
Guest RoC1912
I hope Acer brings 2.2.1 and not 2.2 for the Liquids.

Me too. However, I saw one report in Taiwan when Acer announces Liquid Ferrari. In the conference, PM said 2.2 is for Liquid-E only. I believe that is why the latest leaked works for Liquid-E not Liquid. So, for Liquid users, wait for modified bin!

Guest koudelka
today is 22 oct 2010 now.

nothing happen..... :P

you think acer release stuff in the morning? :D still i dont belive it will be out this month, maybe next... if at all

you think acer release stuff in the morning? :D still i dont belive it will be out this month, maybe next... if at all

Ha ha....i know i know.

acer delay, delay.....and delay..... :P

Guest Koki1337

Lol it's 22nd Oct, 6.11pm in my time, for the US is about 5~7.11pm (I have no idea about daylight savings)

Maybe I'll have to wait till tomorrow lol.

Sigh... when will it ever come? It has been quiet about leaks recently eh?

Well currently my phone runs really well on the 002 leak (504 must be even better), so if acer is taking its time, I think we're gonna have a great release at the end of it all! My fingers are crossed.

Guest Koki1337
Well currently my phone runs really well on the 002 leak (504 must be even better), so if acer is taking its time, I think we're gonna have a great release at the end of it all! My fingers are crossed.

Let's just hope it's worth the wait.

Since hardware is quite on par with the Nexus One, my expectations are high :P

Guest Morris Lee
Let's just hope it's worth the wait.

Since hardware is quite on par with the Nexus One, my expectations are high :P

If we get the source, oc the liquid will be more like n1:D

Guest Koki1337
If we get the source, oc the liquid will be more like n1:D

Haha, I'm sure we will after the official one is uploaded.

Since everyone says it's somewhere around the end of the month, I'm just anxious about it

My time with Koudelka's CM was unstable, Xian's had no WiFi and LCR-F is just unusable for me.

Since everyone says it's somewhere around the end of the month, I'm just anxious about it

My time with Koudelka's CM was unstable, Xian's had no WiFi and LCR-F is just unusable for me.

Why is LCR-F unusable? :P

Guest Koki1337

Firstly it's kinda my bad for not flashing to latest leaked bin lol, and yeah I ran it on baseband A1-04.04.02 and it's just so laggy

Guest Morris Lee

I hope the "... everyone says ..." is not really translated to "... everyone wanted to think ..." as all the sources I can find only specifies that it is in October as the Acer liquid metal is suppose to be released this month with Froyo.

I am using LCR-F, very usable, better than stock, I just want OC as I never seen how beasty it can be when it is overclocked! :D

Morris Lee

If the latest leak is still on a 2.6.29 kernel version, then I think we will have to wait a little longer because they ought to test the latest kernel still. That takes time. Just an opinion, i hope I'm wrong 'cause I want it now!!!

Guest skitbra8934

as i said awhile ago that when "ACER_LEAKER" (pun intended) started leaking 2.2 it would take a month and release would be near so im very confident that it is.