when is official froyo release?

Guest fpbasilio

Guest oyveggen

Now it's official (Acer press release 29th Oct) that the Liquid Metal will be available with Froyo from mid November. I guess the Froyo update for older phones will be released at the same time?

Doesn't make sense, the latest Froyo leak is already running pretty smoothly without problems, can't imagine them taking another 3 months to release it. There's probably a miscommunication there.

Perhaps they are going to wait for the new model to shift a few units before they release Froyo to the old models.

You could argue that releasing Froyo now might hit sales of the Liquid Metal as it removes one of the incentives to upgrade handset.

honestly I don´t really care about the official Froyo as I use the third Leak daily and no problems at all.

What can be improved?

- more RAM / Flash left dumping all the Acer garbage and unnecessary apps

- less apps on the startup

- improved battery management

- 1Ghz unlock

- TS sensivity

Most of these things can be done tunning current leaks so... I´m happy! :) I didn´t delay Froyo update for the official one.

And who said that the official one isn´t already done or isn´t the latest leak but they want to release it later?

Now it's official (Acer press release 29th Oct) that the Liquid Metal will be available with Froyo from mid November. I guess the Froyo update for older phones will be released at the same time?

so, i say acer delay....delay & delay before post. :)

just delay to release it is confirming. but metal is a new phone. acer should not release froyo early than new phone. stream is a good example. :)

honestly I don´t really care about the official Froyo as I use the third Leak daily and no problems at all.

What can be improved?

- 1Ghz unlock

- TS sensivity

Most of these things can be done tunning current leaks so... I´m happy! :) I didn´t delay Froyo update for the official one.

And who said that the official one isn´t already done or isn´t the latest leak but they want to release it later?

make a dream to drink a cow juicing !! :)

Guest Koki1337

What can be improved?

- 1Ghz unlock

- TS sensivity

1GHz unlock is kinda unnecessary with phhusson's magical kernel :)

The only thing is the TS sensitivity, I really want a fix on it

1GHz unlock is kinda unnecessary with phhusson's magical kernel :)

The only thing is the TS sensitivity, I really want a fix on it

AFAIK (as I never used it) most people using phh´s kernel report good speed improvements BUT extra battery draining and higher heat. Though Acer leaks are not that fast nor unlocked speeds it´s extremely cool and a lot more battery friendly. I rather have that speed and enough battery for a full day than an extremely fast phone that only lasts me half a day.

Until people release a faster kernel that is at least as battery friendly as Acer´s, I´ll stick with the official ROMs (or cooked ROMs based on the official)

SPEED: with SystemPanel you manage to maintain important apps running and to close unnecessary apps that use resources. This way you keep your CPU/RAM "clean" for your main app. No complains about speed

TS Sensivity: I´m using the third Acer Leak and GScript + sensivity script works as charm. No complains

Complains:

- RAM: I only manage to get 60-70Mb of free RAM (this is the real value). That is lame (specially when you visit some flash websites or run "Snapdragon games" and afterwards, no matter what memory options (or disable exiting/cleaning memory when you load other apps) you use on LauncherPRO it has to reload everything again...)

- Battery: still too short compared with other phones. It should be improved

- Internal space left: after a clean install only around 70-80Mb of free space. It should be improved

- (default) Camera app/Driver: no HD recording, almost no manual options.

So if these are fixed by modders I see no point on complaining about this phone

Edited by mmick

Guest thedicemaster
just want to unlock 1GHz with LCR-f

i think 1ghz is impossible because of hardware problems.

even a kernel with speeds above 1ghz unlocked will cause the phone to freeze on boot at a 1ghz speed.

perhaps if you happen to be very lucky and have a near-perfect condition cpu in your phone you might be able to run it at 1ghz.

most acer liquid's are stuck at 924mhz though.

Guest Delnar_Ersike
i think 1ghz is impossible because of hardware problems.

even a kernel with speeds above 1ghz unlocked will cause the phone to freeze on boot at a 1ghz speed.

perhaps if you happen to be very lucky and have a near-perfect condition cpu in your phone you might be able to run it at 1ghz.

most acer liquid's are stuck at 924mhz though.

1 Ghz is entirely possible for some Liquids. For example, when I was using Phhroyo, my phone was stable @ 1036 Mhz, though I kept it at 998. It all depends on individual hardware, as well as the voltage on a given clock speed. Though 998 is probably unstable at 1.2 V (or was it 1.25 V? I cannot remember) on most Liquids, bumping the voltage up to 1.3 V at 998 Mhz produces much more stable results. However, increasing the voltage on higher frequencies does reduce battery life, especially if you use tasks that make the device run on 998 frequently (just because you unlocked the 998 Mhz frequency doesn't mean your phone will always run at 998 Mhz; it all depends on the CPU governor chosen, i.e. ondemand, powersave or performance).

However, let's not try to make this thread another "how do I overclock" thread.

Edited by Delnar_Ersike

Guest Koki1337

Well the Snapdragon in the Liquid/E is same as the N1, so yeah, they can run 1GHz and so can the Liquid/E

The problem is the motherboard, kernel some hardware maybe, that needs a workaround to get the clock speed to 1GHz