Vlingo: Words to Action

Guest PaulOBrien

vlingo1.pngvlingo2.png

Welcome to 'Paul's App of the Day', where I pick one of my favourite apps as featured app of the day! Today's app is...

Vlingo: Words to Action

What they say

Vlingo is the intelligent voice application that turns your words into actions.

Speak to send texts & emails, search, tweet, dial & more. Vlingo even speaks incoming texts & emails while you drive.

What we say

Problems with Google Voice Search recognising your voice? Fancy trying another (very fully featured) option? Then try out Vlingo, formerly a paid app for Android! Feature packed and extremely slick, I recommend everyone try it out!

Permissions

ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION / ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE / ACCESS_WIFI_STATE / CALL_PHONE / INTERNET / MODIFY_AUDIO_SETTINGS / READ_CONTACTS / READ_PHONE_STATE / READ_SMS / READ_USER_DICTIONARY / RECEIVE_SMS / RECORD_AUDIO / SEND_SMS / VIBRATE / WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE / WRITE_USER_DICTIONARY

Download

View at AppBrain

Direct Market Link (for on device)

View on Android Market

QRcode

To use, install 'Barcode Scanner' from the Android Market.

vlingo.qrcode.png

Price

FREE

Market star rating at time of writing

4.49 (3698 ratings)

Version at time of writing

Similar / Alternative apps

Google Voice Search for Froyo is the incumbent here I guess... if you're pre-froyo then Vlingo is especially useful!

Suggested improvements for the next version

n/a

Have your say

Fan of Vlingo: Words to Action? Found something better? Just wanna share your experiences? Post below! :)

Guest elkay62
goto vlingo.com on your fone and they provide a direct link to download it. Just done it so know its there :)

Thanks,

Got there ok - unfortunately no good as I'm on 1.6, needs 2.0

Elkay