Warranty/After Sales Service for Android devices

Guest distantstorm

Guest distantstorm

For my next Android phone one of the factors I want to take into consideration is the warranty and aftercare service provided by the manufacturer, particularly in the UK. Although I am probably going to buy the phone off-contract I am also interested to hear how the carriers deal with any issues since that may sway my decision.

I currently have an HTC Desire and would like to be able to say I am using it but since 25th August I have had nothing but problems with the HTC warranty service, to the point that they took over a month to send the phone back and when they did it was both unfixed and scratched. I've had about 25 or more calls to them and am getting nowhere so they are now completely ruled out as a manufacturer of my next phone. Anyway, that's a different story, as frustrating as it is. I'm looking for stories or recommendations as to a manufacturer that has provided a GOOD service when things have gone wrong.

Although I am an Android fan now, I can't fault Apple for how they sorted out my faulty iPhone 3G - replaced there and then on the spot with no questions. Now I don't expect a replacement phone every time something goes wrong but I am looking for a company with a speedy warranty service with a helpline staffed by people that are able to answer and deal with problems quickly.

Thanks for any pointers,

Steve