2.1 Bouygues ROM word of warning

Guest TheLostSwede

Guest TheLostSwede

Ok, just a heads up, this firmware does kill everything on your phone, even when going from another 2.1 version to it. It has tons of European languages (posted in the 2.1 ROM thread), but it also adds tons of network specific apps.

One interesting addition is Windows Live Messenger, but sadly it seems to only work when connected to their network...

For some it might be worth installing this for the extra languages, but you'll have to rip out all the crap apps that come pre-installed.

Edited by TheLostSwede

Guest TheLostSwede
What are the other apps that come pre-installed on this rom compared with the Baltic ROM?

A whole bunch of network specific stuff that only works if you're connected to their network, plus some other stuff like a TV guide in French and some browsers for some various French websites. Nothing really worth having.

I gave up in the end and went back to the Baltic firmware, as there are too many things you can't rip out as they're somehow hard coded, like the APN for example. Some of the pre-installed apps kept re-appearing after a couple of reboots as well which was frustrating if nothing else.

The only reason I'd say to go for this over the Baltic one would be if you're desperate to get European languages outside of English.

Guest SkipXS
A whole bunch of network specific stuff that only works if you're connected to their network, plus some other stuff like a TV guide in French and some browsers for some various French websites. Nothing really worth having.

I gave up in the end and went back to the Baltic firmware, as there are too many things you can't rip out as they're somehow hard coded, like the APN for example. Some of the pre-installed apps kept re-appearing after a couple of reboots as well which was frustrating if nothing else.

The only reason I'd say to go for this over the Baltic one would be if you're desperate to get European languages outside of English.

I deleted all the apps with "Titanium Backup" and successfully deleted the bookmarks which seemed to be hardcoded with "MyBookmarks". After that i really prefer the french rom, except for the bootimage :)

Guest SkipXS
all apps "deletable", then restart and make uninstall.

But APNS-CONF.xml cant working, always set back bouyges mmsc. ;)

I deleted the one bouyges apn and filed in my own apn, works without problems... :)

Guest TheLostSwede
I deleted the one bouyges apn and filed in my own apn, works without problems... :)

How did you manage to delete it? As I couldn't find any way to delete it.

I also tried replacing the /bootimages directory which holds the startup animation from what I've gathered, but the Bouygues one was restored over it at reboot.

Guest SkipXS
How did you manage to delete it? As I couldn't find any way to delete it.

I also tried replacing the /bootimages directory which holds the startup animation from what I've gathered, but the Bouygues one was restored over it at reboot.

after removing everything from Bouygues i found and some lg apps i don't use with titanium backup i was just able to remove the apn. Maybe it's important that i disabled Mobile Data on first boot... ?