2 replies to this topic

rbean

rbean

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Devices:Samsung i920
I can't seem to find the answer to this problem I'm having:

Verizon turned over many of its DSL services in the Western States to Frontier. I had my Omnia II set up to access my Verizon pop3 account which worked fine. My Verizon email account was transferred to Frontier and disabled, so I deleted the account from my Omnia II. Then I proceeded to begin setting up my new Frontier email account, but when I tapped "New Account" and "Microsoft Exchange," I got a message saying "A Microsoft Exchange account already exists." At this point my only option is to select "ok," and my new account cannot be setup. I have tried a soft reset and searching the registry for anything that looks like leftover account settings--no luck.

Anyone have any idea how to free up the Exchange settings so I can create a new account?

-Russ

rbean

rbean

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Devices:Samsung i920
Nevermind, I found an alternate method. By choosing the email account type "other," I was able to set up my account using pop3 settings.

phillykpax

phillykpax

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Devices:sch-i920

Nevermind, I found an alternate method. By choosing the email account type "other," I was able to set up my account using pop3 settings.

I just had to kill my current exchange account. Here is what I had to do:

1. Open the ActiveSync app
2. Hit Menu -> Options
3. Click Microsoft Exchange (if you don't have this then not sure how to help you) and click delete button

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users