CyanogenMod 6 port for Pulse

Guest Tom G

Guest thisweb

TomG, no pressure, but do you think you are likely to fix those wifi/blutooth bugs this weekend. If so I'll hold off flashing for the centrillionth time for a few days -- We're itching for an update! :) ps. Your a genius.

Guest Simon O
So here it is eh :) The rotation is not a big deal for me since I'm always using portrait. What about hardware acceleration, is that working now? Also maybe Flib can build this into a flashable rom with Darktremor final and his OC+swap+ext3 kernel? Cheers!

I won't be, sorry.

I should also point out that if you make any changes to Cyanogenmod such as adding darktremor, overclocking etc, you cannot call it Cyanogenmod and must remove all the Cyanogenmod customisations before releasing the ROM. The team really do not take kindly to people releasing versions of CM with extras added.

Edited by flibblesan

Guest DanWilson
I won't be, sorry.

Can you fix us up an OC kernel? And swap. Please!

(Are we running a CM kernel? Or the old one?)

Edited by DanWilson

Guest flip360
Can you fix us up an OC kernel? And swap. Please!

(Are we running a CM kernel? Or the old one?)

+1 wanna now

And flibble, how do the users get a CM6 update.zip? Official or?

Edited by flip360

Guest Simon O

I know people are excited about this rom but just give Tom a bit of a break and let him work on it without any pestering. He knows certain features don't work and will fix them as soon as possible. :)

Guest DanWilson
I know people are excited about this rom but just give Tom a bit of a break and let him work on it without any pestering. He knows certain features don't work and will fix them as soon as possible. ;)

You just can't be bothered can you? :)

OK, I'll we'll wait with our slow but still awesome Pulses.

Guest Simon O
+1 wanna now

And flibble, how do the users get a CM6 update.zip? Official or?

You would have to ask Tom about update zips. It's not something I can do.

Guest Simon O
You just can't be bothered can you? :)

OK, I'll we'll wait with our slow but still awesome Pulses.

I don't even have a Pulse any more. Pretty difficult to test updates without one. ;)

Edited by flibblesan

Guest DanWilson
I don't even have a Pulse any more. Pretty difficult to test updates without one. :)

Wait, when did that happen!?

Damn, we lost Flib! MAN DOWN!! Well at least try to build a boot.img with the old OC + SWAP kernel.

Guest Simon O

Damn, we lost Flib! MAN DOWN!! Well at least try to build a boot.img with the old OC + SWAP kernel.

Once this port has a working .32 or higher kernel then A2SD froyo style will work, or even the Cyanogen A2SD which they are working on. And O/C should be trivial to add to the kernel.

Guest Epic-Emodude

I think the best option will be to create a flashable zip to put ontop of cyanogenmod after install with any modifications.

Also, due to the loss to this community, I think we should write a virus that destroys all sanfrans so we get our community back =)

I think the best option will be to create a flashable zip to put ontop of cyanogenmod after install with any modifications.

Also, due to the loss to this community, I think we should write a virus that destroys all sanfrans so we get our community back =)

+1

Guest flip360

LOL i like that :) I think that they have enough problems already...

WAYTOGO Gusthy will tets that out. Is the fix for OC the same as in the pulse kernel?

Edited by flip360

Guest Simon O
LOL i like that :) I think that they have enough problems already...

WAYTOGO Gusthy will tets that out. Is the fix for OC the same as in the pulse kernel?

There is no problem.. only noobs!

Edited by flibblesan

Guest gusthy
I have tried the OC kernel and SetCpu shows regular speeds and long bench took about 8100ms? i did autodetect

Yes, it shows the normal speed, but when it shows 528 MHz, it runs at 710.

Guest flip360

Thanks man :)

(without JIT)

Linpack score is 3.064 MFLOPS

SetCpu Long Bench took 8167ms

(with JIT)

Linpack score is 5.081 MFLOPS

SetCpu Long Bench took 7391ms

Swappiness: 60

Quadrant score of 476

I enabled JIT from the custom Cyanogen system settings ;) Very good ROM, is the default scaling set to performance on cyan`s Rom`s?

Edited by flip360

Guest thisweb
I think so but he's buying a SanFran too :)

Flibb did you actually sell your pulse so theres no chance of help now? Seriously tho is the san fran much better, worth the upgrade? How do you work it without a trackball? I heard it was very laggy.