15/Jan [GUIDE] Installing the MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM from scratch (and other ROMS)

Guest StevenHarperUK

Guest hecatae
Latest Update

12th January - Added ROM Stock Hungarian Clockwork 2.5.1.8 mod 0.2 by hecatae

my rom has XT9 IME, not Touchpal, just like stock Hungarian has XT9 IME

Guest StevenHarperUK
hope you backup your post cause i see mass suicide if any problem occurs to this thread :D

Regular save as text files and gmail them to myself.

However Google cache would probably work or internet time machine

Like to say thanks for the great guide i have used it twice now to do phones and it's nice an easy to follow, also like to point out one thing just incase it is an issue, the command line for the md5sum check & flashing clockwork states the img file is called "recovery_clockwork_2.5.1.8_blade.img" but the one i downloaded (from here) is different, the one i got is "recovery-clockwork-blade-2.5.1.8.img" not a big prob as i noticed it was different when checking my files so adjusted the it to match but just thought that someone who is new might not realise or struggle for a while with it so thought i would mention it :D

Anyway thanks again for the great guide :P

Guest StevenHarperUK
Like to say thanks for the great guide i have used it twice now to do phones and it's nice an easy to follow, also like to point out one thing just incase it is an issue, the command line for the md5sum check & flashing clockwork states the img file is called "recovery_clockwork_2.5.1.8_blade.img" but the one i downloaded (from here) is different, the one i got is "recovery-clockwork-blade-2.5.1.8.img" not a big prob as i noticed it was different when checking my files so adjusted the it to match but just thought that someone who is new might not realise or struggle for a while with it so thought i would mention it :D

Anyway thanks again for the great guide :P

Latest Update

13th January - Updated Sebastians newly named - recovery-clockwork-blade-2.5.1.8.img

thanks

Guest StevenHarperUK

Latest Update

14th January - Updated Guide to be for MoDaCo Custom Froyo Beta 7 - no longer are instructions for 2.1 ROM r4

14th January - Updated ROM MoDaCo Custom Froyo Beta 7-8 by Paul

Cheers - a nice guide for those less experienced.

I've just tried to verify the checksum by running the md5sum command but get an error about md5sum not being recognised?

This thread was needed a long time ago. Needs pinning and a medal sending out to OP!

Guest Tom Kitchen

I'm trying to flash the Japanese Jellyfish Rom using TPT. Instead of getting a black screen/text i get a green android man which stays there indefinately (removing and replacing the battery allows me to restart normally). I have noticed that once I've extracted the file into the image directory, the stuff is in an image directory inside that, is that why? I don't want to edit that without someone giving me a go ahead as I have little experience of this sort of thing on phones.

Thanks in advance

Edit: I've been impatiant and edited the folder so that it is at (my sd card's directory)/image/(extracted files). Nothing happened when turning on with holding menu but the text came up as in the volcano video but afterward it sticks on the green android figure. Also whenever I turn it on holding any buttons or normally it stays at the green android man. This is probably my fault due to being inpatient but can I ask for help anyway please?

Edited by Tom Kitchen

Guest StevenHarperUK

Ok you did it right.

Did you MD5sum the Zip file before you extracted it to the SDCard.

The Files SHOULD be <DRIVE>:\image\<FILES>

When you hold the MENU and UP VOLUME buttons the low level format starts and writes all teh files you put in the image directory over the partitions on your PHONE

All you need to do is reboot holding down these 2 buttons first.

The Screen may be blank - it may show you some green text.

After about 3 minutes teh phone will auto reboot - please try this again

If you didnt MD5 the file before - please do it now.

Guest Tom Kitchen
Ok you did it right.

Did you MD5sum the Zip file before you extracted it to the SDCard.

The Files SHOULD be <DRIVE>:\image\<FILES>

When you hold the MENU and UP VOLUME buttons the low level format starts and writes all teh files you put in the image directory over the partitions on your PHONE

All you need to do is reboot holding down these 2 buttons first.

The Screen may be blank - it may show you some green text.

After about 3 minutes teh phone will auto reboot - please try this again

If you didnt MD5 the file before - please do it now.

I did MD5sum the zip and it gave the output in the origional post.

I preformed the turning on while holding the volume up and menu buttons as directed, and the devise behaved as expected until 3 minutes, where it continued to show a green android screen, I left it for half an hour while i did something else and when I looked back it was still at this point, any suggestions? Would writing a different rom to my SD cardwork better?

PS : It does say update sucess

Edited by Tom Kitchen

Guest Torque Monster

This site is great and thanks to all great users! ;)

I have a problem in my ZTE with MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM Beta7-8 installed if anyone can help!

I can't get a GPS fix on satellites. I didn't notice that this wouldn't be working in this version! Is there any solution to this problem!?

Thanks

Edited by Torque Monster

Guest Rocafella

This walkthrough is amazing. It's really helped someone like me, who doesn't really know what they're doing. Your work is greatly appreciated.

Edited by Rocafella

Guest StevenHarperUK

Hi Everyone,

This Thread has served it's purpose : It is now too large.

It has been split into 2 much more concise threads

and

Anything that is not fitting to them threads will be moved / replicated /added to

or

Thanks for all you help support and feedback.

This thread will stay here unpinned / but locked, for future reference.

Steven Harper