san francisco help needed...

Guest blackboab

Guest blackboab

hi ...i am new to all this mobile stuff but i tries to get all the orange stuff off my mobile by trying to follow various guides but i got stuck on the green android screen....i have got to this position on cmd on windows 64 but i dont know what to do now?...if anyone can help me ...that would be great...thanks very much...

usage: fastboot [ <option> ] <command>

commands:

update <filename> reflash device from update.zip

flashall 'flash boot' + 'flash system'

flash <partition> [ <filename> ] write a file to a flash partition

erase <partition> erase a flash partition

getvar <variable> display a bootloader variable

boot <kernel> [ <ramdisk> ] download and boot kernel

flash:raw boot <kernel> [ <ramdisk> ] create bootimage and flash it

devices list all connected devices

reboot reboot device normally

reboot-bootloader reboot device into bootloader

options:

-w erase userdata and cache

-s <serial number> specify device serial number

-p <product> specify product name

-c <cmdline> override kernel commandline

Guest blackboab

hi again...i can also get the 2.5.0/9 r2 ClockworkMod Recovery screen on my mobile but i am unable to see my sd card on my windows 7 64 pc ...i dont know what to do if i cant access the card ?...tried downloading drivers but they aint working...will give it one more day then i am giving up on this...spent two sleepless nights trying to fix this....can anyone help me?....thanks..

Guest ezablade
hi again...i can also get the 2.5.0/9 r2 ClockworkMod Recovery screen on my mobile but i am unable to see my sd card on my windows 7 64 pc ...i dont know what to do if i cant access the card ?...tried downloading drivers but they aint working...will give it one more day then i am giving up on this...spent two sleepless nights trying to fix this....can anyone help me?....thanks..

Search on the San Francisco board on here, there you'll find lots of help and also the Windows drivers you need. The drivers do work, I'm using them on 64-bit Win7. When the phone connects via usb, you may get errors. Open control panel and go to device settings. You'll probably see two entries for ZTE USB that have yellow warning triangles. Right-click and update driver, pointing to your new drivers. Do that for both entries.

Guest kissofjudas
Search on the San Francisco board on here, there you'll find lots of help and also the Windows drivers you need. The drivers do work, I'm using them on 64-bit Win7. When the phone connects via usb, you may get errors. Open control panel and go to device settings. You'll probably see two entries for ZTE USB that have yellow warning triangles. Right-click and update driver, pointing to your new drivers. Do that for both entries.

Would be great to have a sticky with all this info in 1 spot with any requisite links - I know it's so difficult when you are a n00b

evrything is so confusing, with the added risk that you may cabbage your phone. :)

Guest blackboab

hi again , thanks for replying....i got it to work by using another phone and putting my sd card into that then connecting it to my pc and putting the rom directly onto the sd card then putting it back into my san francisco...going into clockwork mode and then following stage 3 instructions from there....thanks again...http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blade-blade-modaco-com/319831/installing-the-modaco-custom-rom-from-scratch/

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Richard Dawkins
Would be great to have a sticky with all this info in 1 spot with any requisite links - I know it's so difficult when you are a n00b

evrything is so confusing, with the added risk that you may cabbage your phone. :P

Absolutely! We really need a basic FAQ in the beginners area.

Guest engeroosi
Absolutely! We really need a basic FAQ in the beginners area.

I have tried flashing ROM onto my ZTE blade, but it won't load past the screen with the dreaded green man on it. HELP!!! Have I killed my phone?

I managed to get the super user on it all ok and when I look at the SD card the file ends with flashed. Any ideas?