Time to jump ship?

Guest amdzero

Guest Ninja4Hire
thats what im saying according to this

different-versions-590x336.png

Something is fishy about that. From what I understand WP7 is the only one version. Weird..

Edited by Ninja4Hire

Guest amdzero
Yea where's the removable storage function so I can just plug it into my linux or any other os?

I'm completely floored by this concept. WHY ON EARTH would M$ R E M O V E the ability to have removable memory cards. Yeah okay I can understand you don't want a phone to have this option but MAKING IT THE STANDARD!?

Why am I over reacting, I don't even have a WP7 phone yet lol

I think it may have to dowith the way the os uses storage, I heard that you can not insert or swap or remove a sd card without doing a factory reset of the phone to integrate that card into the main storage.

That's sounds absolutely backwards but if that's the case then I could easily imagine that it's not able to.

Guest tedkord
I think it may have to dowith the way the os uses storage, I heard that you can not insert or swap or remove a sd card without doing a factory reset of the phone to integrate that card into the main storage.

That's sounds absolutely backwards but if that's the case then I could easily imagine that it's not able to.

M$="retarded"

We all know that Verizon will only sell a single memory size of each phone, generally the lower one. If a phone has an 8gb and 16gb model worldwide, Verizon will sell the 8gb one. So, you can be sure any WP7 phones will have the smaller SD card installed. Now, if you want to put that 16gb card you just got in...uh oh. Why in the hell would they do this?

I'm sorry, but by all that I've seen, WM7 is a step backwards in every respect. Hey, Apple tells you what software you can use with the iPhone. Microsoft out apple's apple, by telling you what Microsdhc card you can have. They just don't get it.

It's not like it's anything new, it's the same thing they did with the xbox and as long as people remain stupid enough to go for it microsoft will keep getting worse, they will eventually kill apple and dethrone their entire ipod/iphone scam and take it's place.

What sucks about WP7 is that now all we have to run into googles hands, while they're not nearly as bad as MS it's still something I don't like one bit. Some people have the option to get symbian phones but not us on verizon(and frankly if you stayed with verizon this long you didn't have a choice and will be stuck with them).

A thought as far the storage goes, they are basing WP7 on the zune themes right? What if it's not just the theme what if they were so lazy that they built it off of the same software? As far as I know they do not have card slots and thus would have no reason to have support for them...do they support a removable storage option either?

Edited by bmt10

Guest Ninja4Hire

Some of the phones will have micro SD support.

The Focus is the phone we've been calling the i917 Cetus in leaks, a curvy, glossy slate with a 4-inch WVGA Super AMOLED display (presumably ripped right out of the Galaxy S line), a 5 megapixel camera, and support for microSD expansion up to 32GB; it'll be hitting AT&T in the States. The Omnia 7 is the second model, launching on Orange, SFR, Movistar, and T-Mobile across Europe with the same Super AMOLED display, Snapdragon processor (rare for a Samsung, by the way), 5 megapixel cam, and either 8GB or 16GB on board. Expect both of these to launch in time for the holidays; in fact, the Focus can be yours on AT&T come November 8 for $199.99.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/10/11/samsung...indows-phone-7/

Edited by Ninja4Hire

Some of the phones will have micro SD support.

The Focus is the phone we've been calling the i917 Cetus in leaks, a curvy, glossy slate with a 4-inch WVGA Super AMOLED display (presumably ripped right out of the Galaxy S line), a 5 megapixel camera, and support for microSD expansion up to 32GB; it'll be hitting AT&T in the States. The Omnia 7 is the second model, launching on Orange, SFR, Movistar, and T-Mobile across Europe with the same Super AMOLED display, Snapdragon processor (rare for a Samsung, by the way), 5 megapixel cam, and either 8GB or 16GB on board. Expect both of these to launch in time for the holidays; in fact, the Focus can be yours on AT&T come November 8 for $199.99.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/10/11/samsung...indows-phone-7/

Most of them do that we are seeing now past the rumor stages, but...

"It comes with a catch though, you need to install the card before you use the phone. If you decide to change the card or add it later, the whole storage will be erased. So, if you buy a Samsung Focus with a 8GB card, and later decide to add a 32GB card, you would loose all data on that card AND the phones internal memory"

http://www.esphoneblog.com/2010/10/12/wind...-microsd-cards/

That's just horrifically poor programming.

Edited by bmt10

Guest Ninja4Hire
Most of them do that we are seeing now past the rumor stages, but...

"It comes with a catch though, you need to install the card before you use the phone. If you decide to change the card or add it later, the whole storage will be erased. So, if you buy a Samsung Focus with a 8GB card, and later decide to add a 32GB card, you would loose all data on that card AND the phones internal memory"

http://www.esphoneblog.com/2010/10/12/wind...-microsd-cards/

That's just horrifically poor programming.

Totally agree, that is crazy! They must be trying to eliminate side loading of apps. Apple = jailbreak, Android = Rooted, I wonder what the catch phrase will be for WP7 when it gets hacked.....de-formated lol.

There is in fact only one version.

You could still sideload apps by getting file system access via usb cable. My guess is they will have that locked down and you will have to have an iphone-style jailbreak to enable it.

Assuming adequate xda support for wm7, I'm not terribly worried about the locking down. It sucks, yes, but hopefully won't prove more than a short term inconvenience.