The HTC HD 7 'Ask Paul' topic

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest VulakAerr
Hi, a stupid question: can you listen to music and check /answer your emails or write a sms at the same time?

Yes, music sits in the background, and if you have it running, the volume control popup also has music controls.

Guest Kiwi Dave
Yup. Found a place online reckons they can unlock for $25. Will post links etc if it works.

o2 MVNO eg gioffgaff, tesco et al work fine.

M.S

edit - now unlocked - http://www.modaco.com/content/htc-hd-7-hd7...ed-for-s25-usd/

my turn for a stupid question: other than inserting a different (non 02) sim card - how can I tell if my phone is locked to 02?

Guest Mysterious Stranger
my turn for a stupid question: other than inserting a different (non 02) sim card - how can I tell if my phone is locked to 02?

Assume that is is unless you or someone else has unlocked it. The o2 ones are all locked when sold.

M.S

Guest Kiwi Dave
Assume that is is unless you or someone else has unlocked it. The o2 ones are all locked when sold.

M.S

It's a work phone, and IT had already played with it by the time it got to me. is there anyway that the O2 lock can be confirmed, it wouldn't surprise me if the IT crew had been unlocking them?

Guest BrumBrum74

For me must have apps are:

IMDb

Twitter

eBay

Flixter

Lists (From HTC)

Tried to find Notes (From HTC), but couldn't find it in Marketplace.

Also wondering if anyone has a good suggestion for a bag/pouch for this phone. Using the one that came with HTC HD2 now but it's a bit too short that bag.

Edited by BrumBrum74

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Jonnyw2k

Paul,

Are updates push or fetch on WP7

I.e, If someone where to message me on facebook would it pop up instantly or would I have to wait for it to poll the servers

Cheers,

Jonny

Guest Nick5ter
Paul,

Are updates push or fetch on WP7

I.e, If someone where to message me on facebook would it pop up instantly or would I have to wait for it to poll the servers

Cheers,

Jonny

Updates are not pushed or fetched when the tile is place on the home screen.

Was lucky enough to get a HD7 though work, Just phoned out Accounts manger and got it unlocked for nothing :P fantastic OS but very limited at the moment.

Guest Kiwi Dave
How else do updates get from the server to the phone?

Hi Johnny,

when you open the 'whats new' screen from within the people hub, it updates there and then - pulls all your contact activities from Facebook etc. This is for all activity, among all your contacts.

as stated above, you can 'pin' an individual contact to the front screen, and this updates on a very regular basis (no like server polling).

if you've seen comments re poor battery performance, I'd assume that the above features play a part :P

there is also a really good Facebook app on the market place.

hope this helps.

Dave

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
Guest litldrmrby02

Hi,

I've just bought an HTC HD7 here in the UAE and found out that the marketplace cant yet be access here. Is there a way to have it activated. And is it possible to update to Manggo?

Thanks in advance

• 4 weeks later...
Guest awarner

update will be available to everyone, if your phone does not show update available (if you have it set up to do so in Settings) or connect your phone to Zune and check via there.

For Market Place I do not know when it will be available in your country, if the phone is sold there officially then hopefully it will not be long.

• 2 weeks later...