Screebl

Guest PaulOBrien

screebl1.pngscreebl2.png

Welcome to 'Paul's App of the Day', where I pick one of my favourite apps as featured app of the day! Today's app is...

Screebl

What they say

Get your Screen on! Screebl is an application that controls power saving features based on orientation. Never have the screen turn off again while using your phone, and SAVE BATTERY too. It's possible with Screebl!

Pro Features: Locale 1.x Plug-ins, icon choice, better algs

What we say

This is a cool application i've been using since I first got into Android! Put simply, it allows you to prevent screen timeout when your device is detected at certain angels. This means you can prevent that annoying timeout when reading an email / webpage, but set the screen to timeout quickly when the device isn't in the 'usage angle range', i.e. when you lay it down on a table and forget to turn it off. Added convenience and a potential battery saving? WIN! :)

Permissions

ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION / ACCESS_WIFI_STATE / GET_ACCOUNTS / INTERNET / KEYGUARD / READ_PHONE_STATE / RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED / USE_CREDENTIALS / WAKE_LOCK / WRITE_SETTINGS

Download

View at AppBrain

Direct Market Link (for on device)

View on Android Market

QRcode

To use, install 'Barcode Scanner' from the Android Market.

screebl.qrcode.png

Price

$1.99 (FREE version available)

Market star rating at time of writing

4.56 (975 ratings)

Version at time of writing

Similar / Alternative apps

n/a

Suggested improvements for the next version

n/a

Have your say

Fan of Screebl? Found something better? Just wanna share your experiences? Post below! :)

Guest M Brouns

Nice app but... That's what we have Tasker for?!

Simply follow these steps:

(1) Add a new profile

(2) Choose a new State : Orientation

(3) Choose Orientation is "Face Up" and press done

(4) Press "+"sign and select Action Category "Display", next "Display Timeout" and choose timeout when phone is faced up.

(5) Next select "Add Exit Task"

(6) Press "+"sign and select Action Category "Display", next "Display Timeout" and choose timeout when phone is NOT faced up.

This seems like more work than installing Screebl but saves precious memory for having yet another app in your active memory and stored on your device/SD card.