latest firmware I9000XWJP6 - anyone tried?

Guest darychia

Guest darychia

Hi, was wondering anyone try on the latest firmware I9000XWJP6? knowing that this is one day later than I9000XXJPM, but not sure how's the performance like... :)

I'm using it.

I used to use 2.1 JM8 + Voodoo + Tatuyama ROM.

Now am using 2.2 JP6 + OCLF + Tatuyama ROM.

Certainly slower but seems pretty good to be in comparison to older ROMs. The best time to check its speed is once supercurio launches the final Voodoo for JP6 to compare like for like.

I do like the Froyo features though. Like using Power off to end call, update all market apps at once, and in particular the new gmail app which is far better.

Guest SpruceyB
Hi, was wondering anyone try on the latest firmware I9000XWJP6? knowing that this is one day later than I9000XXJPM, but not sure how's the performance like... :)

From what i gather JPM & JP6 are the same essentially, just JP6 has slight modifications for Europe (e.g. more Swype Languages, European CSC etc).

I'm using Tayutama its based on JPM/JP6 and it's okay.

Guest mpierce

Using it on the Optus network in Melbourne Australia.

Model GT-I9000; Firmware version 2.2; Baseband version: I9000XXJPM; Kernel version 2.6.32.9; Build number FROYO.XWJP6

Did registry hack to install. Immediately lost 3-button functionality which I restored using a post found in the forum. Applied the Voodoo lag fix and rooted the device.

Haven't noticed a performance (speed) gain; Quadrant averages about 1450 and was 900+ before Voodoo... Ram shows only 304Mb - disappointing! Very stable and smooth in general use without apparent lag.

Gmail sync functionality no longer working (cannot sync calendar or contacts) despite clearing cache, rebooting and trying suggestions in forum (searching for a reason / fix).

GPS working fine - ran test using our GPS software to map some holes on a golf course which were in the database and they were spot on! Ran the GPS software to play 27-holes and distances were again spot on. Battery life seems to be somewhat longer but then I tend to manage it fairly well with Tasker app events that I've written and turning off display when not in use (I also use the app "No Lock" so that I don't have to swipe when I turn it back on; it just quickly comes on saving a bit of battery as I'm a very heavy user).

Browser appears to load a bit slower; flash working and this may be part of the reason.

Going to move from a 16Gb SD card to a 32Gb card and install some apps on the card to test everything out. SD card gets full with golf videos, music and Audible books too quickly and this will let me test A2SD.

Guest darychia
Using it on the Optus network in Melbourne Australia.

Model GT-I9000; Firmware version 2.2; Baseband version: I9000XXJPM; Kernel version 2.6.32.9; Build number FROYO.XWJP6

Did registry hack to install. Immediately lost 3-button functionality which I restored using a post found in the forum. Applied the Voodoo lag fix and rooted the device.

Haven't noticed a performance (speed) gain; Quadrant averages about 1450 and was 900+ before Voodoo... Ram shows only 304Mb - disappointing! Very stable and smooth in general use without apparent lag.

Gmail sync functionality no longer working (cannot sync calendar or contacts) despite clearing cache, rebooting and trying suggestions in forum (searching for a reason / fix).

GPS working fine - ran test using our GPS software to map some holes on a golf course which were in the database and they were spot on! Ran the GPS software to play 27-holes and distances were again spot on. Battery life seems to be somewhat longer but then I tend to manage it fairly well with Tasker app events that I've written and turning off display when not in use (I also use the app "No Lock" so that I don't have to swipe when I turn it back on; it just quickly comes on saving a bit of battery as I'm a very heavy user).

Browser appears to load a bit slower; flash working and this may be part of the reason.

Going to move from a 16Gb SD card to a 32Gb card and install some apps on the card to test everything out. SD card gets full with golf videos, music and Audible books too quickly and this will let me test A2SD.

wow, you really did a lot test, thanks for the info... I am still new with SGS, hope we can share more in future... :P