Seesmic

Guest PaulOBrien

seesmic1.pngseesmic2.png

Welcome to 'Paul's App of the Day', where I pick one of my favourite apps as featured app of the day! Today's app is...

Seesmic

What they say

Seesmic is the best way to manage your social networks in one powerful and yet simple app. You can see and update your Twitter and Google Buzz accounts, search, share photos and videos, and get notifications for new messages!

What we say

I know Twitter clients are a little bit subjective... but imho Seesmic is the best client out there! Nice clean UI, decent features... highly recommended!

Permissions

ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION / ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION / ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE / ACCESS_WIFI_STATE / INTERNET / READ_PHONE_STATE / RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED / VIBRATE / WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE

Download

View at AppBrain

Direct Market Link (for on device)

View on Android Market

QRcode

To use, install 'Barcode Scanner' from the Android Market.

seesmic.qrcode.png

Price

FREE

Market star rating at time of writing

4.38 (15070 ratings)

Version at time of writing

Similar / Alternative apps

Also check out TweetDeck, Twidroyd, Tweetcaster, Twicca, Touiteur and of course the official Twitter app!

Suggested improvements for the next version

Add Facebook support, fix the bug when re-trying sending a tweet and orientation changes, add the ability to resize images on upload.

Have your say

Fan of Seesmic? Found something better? Just wanna share your experiences? Post below! :)

Guest milkykung

TYVM Paul for recommending a number of twitter clients right there :P

FYI, Hootsuite for Android is also a good one with Facebook integration. Notification feature ( I mean the one on the notification bar, not the widget) is top-notch in having a full view of latest tweet from only the column you specify. Other clients might have notification feature but they are either too small or giving only number of tweets, mentions, messages, etc.

Please take a look into this app and you probably like it like I do.

Tips: If you have Hootsuite account, you can also import all accounts immediately like Tweetdeck account.

Hope this helps :D

Edited by milkykung