• Please log in to reply
190 replies to this topic

wineguy13

wineguy13

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:g2
Okya so i downloaded visionary, It initial would temp root and I could have superuser over rom manager and set cpu. While in temproot (I assumed) I tried to perm root, oviously did not work cause i could not flash a kernal for the 1.8 ghz overclock. So I went to the forums for hellp. The young man that had the kernal walked me thorough and even tried to root the phone via my laptop remotely. Still no go. Did system restore couple of times. So i went back and reloaded visionary and from that time have yet to get it to temp root much less perm root. Thanks for any help in this mattter. Also when i try to download from this forum ...download completes but on install get the error there is a proablem parsing the package.

Edited by Paul, 03 June 2011 - 10:47 AM.

chrisbms

chrisbms

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:HTC HERO
R15 waiting too ...
from HERO to DESIRE HD ...
great phone but i feel like in jail ...

MaximilianPs

MaximilianPs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

R15 waiting too ...
from HERO to DESIRE HD ...
great phone but i feel like in jail ...

i think we should sell our phone and purchase something different :unsure:

Scooby Doo Co.

Scooby Doo Co.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:HTC DESIRE HD
I'm waiting for R15... perhaps :D

I've a Desire HD in version 1.75

bye bye

nEUTRon666

nEUTRon666

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy S4, Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
I can't understand all the whining and mentioning that you wait on a R15 release. All those guys which were able to flash a custom rom, should have been intelligent enough to not just flash an OTA Update, you all know that it's nearly every time the same a new release comes out, it's not rootable. All others should read the forum's and news if something like that happens, you were warned. I saw the OTA Update on my phone, did not flash it, went to the forums to have some information about it and then decided to do a radio S-OFF, rooted my phone, did a backup with titanium, unrooted and THEN flashed the new OTA because i wanted to try it. But i can go back everytime and root the phone again, flash a custom rom or whatever and you all could have done the same.

The only people which really have a reason to complain (not really) are the ones which bought a brand new phone and already had 1.72 on it.

And paul for sure is having an eye on this, but if there's no method to root 1.72 at the moment, then that's it. If you guys want to sell this great phone again because you can't root, well, go on ...

And for a future method to root 1.72 again, it's done, when it's done...

Edited by nEUTRon666, 07 January 2011 - 09:02 PM.

quarintus

quarintus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I don't understand why you are "whining" (using your words) about people that are just telling they would like root with the new update. You don't have to look into this thread if you do not need it. It actually is good to know there are people who would like a new version of visionary. What if noone would let know they wanted it?

There are people that started with flashing after doing the update, so they didn't know anything about it yet. There are people that jumped in first to let other people know what the consequences are for flashing the update. There are people with new phones. And there are people seemingly "not intelligent enough". (thanks for telling that :P )

Nevertheless, all of these people would like to root their phones. So what don't you get of people letting know they would like a way?

My compliments to you for getting your radio S-off. Now take that compliment and go post something constructive instead of destructive. I have seen no post that says: Paul why are you taking so long, I didn't see any whining yet.

Now on-topic:
I would also like to root my desire HD :D. Good luck with it, if you are busy trying to get the root acces.

Regards,

Q

I can't understand all the whining and mentioning that you wait on a R15 release. All those guys which were able to flash a custom rom, should have been intelligent enough to not just flash an OTA Update, you all know that it's nearly every time the same a new release comes out, it's not rootable. All others should read the forum's and news if something like that happens, you were warned. I saw the OTA Update on my phone, did not flash it, went to the forums to have some information about it and then decided to do a radio S-OFF, rooted my phone, did a backup with titanium, unrooted and THEN flashed the new OTA because i wanted to try it. But i can go back everytime and root the phone again, flash a custom rom or whatever and you all could have done the same.

The only people which really have a reason to complain (not really) are the ones which bought a brand new phone and already had 1.72 on it.

And paul for sure is having an eye on this, but if there's no method to root 1.72 at the moment, then that's it. If you guys want to sell this great phone again because you can't root, well, go on ...

And for a future method to root 1.72 again, it's done, when it's done...

quarintus

quarintus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey you all,

New rooting capabilities are on the way. Paul, are you working with them? Because there information would be valuable for visionary :D.

They say they already got a temproot on the new update :P. So probably there will be development soon.

http://forum.xda-dev...d...525&page=15

TheQuest

TheQuest

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire HD & ZTE Blade-G2
Is VISIONary tempery, blind or Dead? ;)

Take Care
TheQuest :)

Edited by TheQuest, 13 January 2011 - 11:59 PM.

When Nothing is Certain, Anything is Possible.

UGUR TOPRAK

UGUR TOPRAK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire HD
Android Version 2.2.1

Software Number: 1.75.111.2

Is Android the most current version of this device? METHOD OF FINAL ROOT and this version is available?

Visionary R14 is not the solution. Can You Help Me?

Htc Desire HD

geek78

geek78

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Android Version 2.2.1

Software Number: 1.75.111.2

Is Android the most current version of this device? METHOD OF FINAL ROOT and this version is available?

Visionary R14 is not the solution. Can You Help Me?

Step 1
http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=905003

Step 2
http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=905003

Step 2
http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=885996

Mac Book / Ipad 3G 16 go / HTC Desire

UGUR TOPRAK

UGUR TOPRAK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire HD

Htc Desire HD

Aaron_H

Aaron_H

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey guys.

I'm trying to temproot and it's just hanging on a black screen after the Visionary logo dissapears. I'm on 1.32 so I'm really not sure why this is happening!

Any ideas?

dicko_hero

dicko_hero

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Desire HD
Ok, so I'm in the same boat as you guys and am on 2.2.1 but can't root.

May I ask, what apps do you use or great need do you have for root access anyway?

The only thing I've used it for is a Screencap app... :s

Am I missing out on something awesome?

fpina

fpina

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:Engineer
  • Devices:HTC Trophy WP7, HTC Desire HD

Just bought a copy. Nice to see perm root coming tomorrow ;)

Hi Paul
I performed Temporary Root over Desire HD and the Visionary+ still frozen and no special answer as "done" or similar.
Is all OK? I am afraid to shutdown...
What I can do?....

Edited by fpina, 01 February 2011 - 12:02 AM.

fpina

fpina

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:Engineer
  • Devices:HTC Trophy WP7, HTC Desire HD

Hi Paul
I performed Temporary Root over Desire HD and the Visionary+ still frozen and no special answer as "done" or similar.
Is all OK? I am afraid to shutdown...
What I can do?....

;) I dont undestand you, sorry...
But HTC now is very slow, the Visionar+y screen seems blocked, no response and all in black, and I am afraid to reboot it.
Any risk?
Must I buy a paying version?

Edited by fpina, 01 February 2011 - 07:56 AM.

cturbos

cturbos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Devices:ASUS PADFON2,NEXUS 4,SAM.S3
PAUL
are you going to do the r1x for 17x and 18x roms ?
please try.
thank you

cturbos

cturbos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
PAUL,are you there?

cturbos

cturbos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
paul are coocking somthing for rooting the 17x and 18x ,you did not give up,are you?
thank you

Asselberghs

Asselberghs

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 308 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire
  • Twitter:@Asselberghs
Does visionary+ when it works, install clockworkmod recovery or does it only grant Superuser? do you have to push a recovery image yourself?

Device: HTC Desire Rom: ReflexTSense HD V 1.5 Android version: 2.2 - Froyo HBoot: 0.80 Radio: 32.44.00.32U_5.09.05.30_2 Recovery Image: Psfreedom 0.9.7.2 based on Clockworkmod

Join Dropbox 2GB online/sync hard disk drive, access files anywhere also on Android, get 250MB extra through this link

PavanT

PavanT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire
Paul,

Installed on newly released ATT HTC Inspire. Which is same as HTC Desire HD. Ran the app say rooting devices and then goes blank attached is the logcat after executing Visionary. Can you please help.

Attached Files

Edited by PavanT, 15 February 2011 - 06:06 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users