Help with HTC Desire unlock

Guest lilpee69er

Guest lilpee69er

Hi all,

I have a locked T-Mobile Desire and wish to use my Orange sim card in it.

I have tested the phone with a T-Mobile sim and this works fine but when I put the Orange sim in I get no signal and the limited service message. I have also tried this with a Vodafone sim card and get the same.

I have a 8 digit unlock code but basically have no where to input it. Can anyone help me with this please?

Regards

James

Guest peter.taylor

Hi James,

there won't be a box that comes up asking you to put the code in. i believe (although i am willing to be corrected) just go to where you make calls, then type the number in.

you should have had instructions.....

1. Power on your HTC mobile phone with an unaccepted SIM card in (or no SIM card at all).

2. Enter your 8-digit unlock code you attained earlier.

3. Your HTC mobile phone should be unlocked and may automatically reboot!

Guest lilpee69er
Hi James,

there won't be a box that comes up asking you to put the code in. i believe (although i am willing to be corrected) just go to where you make calls, then type the number in.

you should have had instructions.....

1. Power on your HTC mobile phone with an unaccepted SIM card in (or no SIM card at all).

2. Enter your 8-digit unlock code you attained earlier.

3. Your HTC mobile phone should be unlocked and may automatically reboot!

Hi there,

I have tried this but it doesnt seem to have done anything?

Any ideas?

Regards

james

IMPORTANT – Please read prior to purchasing any codes.

You must first check to see if your phone accepts an unlock code. To do this simply insert a different network sim card into your mobile phone and see if the unlock code screen is displayed. If a screen where you must enter the unlock code is not displayd, or if you don't have this option in your phone menu, please do NOT purchase an unlock code. If you still go ahead and order then we will provide you with the unlock code but you will NOT be able to enter it and you will NOT be eligible for a refund.

From here.

So I guess some phones won't accept an unlock code that easily. It could be worth the efort to install an unbranden WWE-edition of a HTC ROM if this is something that is blocked in the branded ROM.

Guest lilpee69er
From here.

So I guess some phones won't accept an unlock code that easily. It could be worth the efort to install an unbranden WWE-edition of a HTC ROM if this is something that is blocked in the branded ROM.

Thanks for the replies again.

I now have a unbranded WWE rom on my phone and it hasnt changed anything.

Im really stumped as to what to do as I cant find anything similar around the internet.

Regards

James

Well there MUT be someone, I guess the reason for that disclaimer is previously dissatisfied customers. You could tp to send an email to htccode.com and see if they now anything, or check their forums. Paul recommends them, I trust t is for a reason.

Guest lilpee69er
Well there MUT be someone, I guess the reason for that disclaimer is previously dissatisfied customers. You could tp to send an email to htccode.com and see if they now anything, or check their forums. Paul recommends them, I trust t is for a reason.

I have already emailed them and to be honest he was pretty useless. Just took my money, gave code and no customer service.

I have rang t mobile directly and asked them if the phone was reported blacklisted and he said it definately hasnt been reported lost or stolen.

I just dont know where to go from here.

Regards

James